Son of a ....- Mtbr.com

Thread: Son of a ....

mtbr member

Son of a ....

107 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????? Are you kidding me? I had to turn the damn A/C on for the first time yesterday. I'm totally not looking forward to our electrical bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i had Hawes completely to myself yesterday afternoon... not even a hiker to be seen. my may bill is going to be around $275

Meatbomb
    One word. Equalizer Plan.

It's easier to budget that way.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post

Yup. I love it.
    “Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world.”
-Grant Petersen

mtbr member
    Come to Kentucky, where there's so much humidity that the A/C comes on at 75 just to get the water out of the air. At 85, old people start dying. At 95, we start wondering why the hell we are insane enough being outside generating our own body heat, and most people smart enough to avoid the outdoors are probably calling the police on us.

Two summers back I did Webelos camp with my youngest during the hottest week in a decade. It was 104 or 105 all four days, with enough humidity to form massive heat storms that rolled all around, but never through the reservation. The water tank at the top of the hill was heatsoaked, so we couldn't even take a cool shower.

Not one complaint from the boys, so us grown men should probably shut up.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    107 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????? Are you kidding me? I had to turn the damn A/C on for the first time yesterday. I'm totally not looking forward to our electrical bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's the year round riding. Now more year round all year long.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    It's the year round riding. Now more year round all year long.
    It was fine this afternoon. Those who can't deal with it move to places like Alaska and Flagstaff.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingtaco View Post
    Come to Kentucky, where there's so much humidity that the A/C comes on at 75 just to get the water out of the air. At 85, old people start dying. At 95, we start wondering why the hell we are insane enough being outside generating our own body heat, and most people smart enough to avoid the outdoors are probably calling the police on us.

Two summers back I did Webelos camp with my youngest during the hottest week in a decade. It was 104 or 105 all four days, with enough humidity to form massive heat storms that rolled all around, but never through the reservation. The water tank at the top of the hill was heatsoaked, so we couldn't even take a cool shower.

Not one complaint from the boys, so us grown men should probably shut up.
    Truth here. Phoenix summers are a full-release massage compared to places with heat and humidity.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    Seriously? Today is your first day?

Holy hell I wouldn't have been able to sleep this past month without the AC going.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

mtbr member

Son of a ....

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post

What is that running you per month? I'm up to $280 a month on that plan for some reason. Granted I have a pool and it's an older house, just pretty brutal to pay that in the winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter97 View Post
    What is that running you per month? I'm up to $280 a month on that plan for some reason. Granted I have a pool and it's an older house, just pretty brutal to pay that in the winter

I am at $170 a month. For reference, 3 year old house, 2,600 sqft 2 story, no pool, 79 degrees. It has gone down the past 3 years, as it was based on our previous house, which was much smaller but older with a bad A/C unit.
-Grant Petersen

mtbr member
    Why do you think I have been up at 4:30 the last few days?
    Though I am going to ride tonight.

DFMBA.org

Son of a ....

Get a variable speed pool pump if/when you can. My electrical usage went down 20% and I'm building a bunch of credit on my equalizer plan. They're expensive initially but they pay for themselves in about 1.5-2 years, then it's gravy after that.

"It's a mountain bike, get over it." -Kaolin
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member

Son of a ....

Quote Originally Posted by MTBeing View Post
    Get a variable speed pool pump if/when you can. My electrical usage went down 20% and I'm building a bunch of credit on my equalizer plan. They're expensive initially but they pay for themselves in about 1.5-2 years, then it's gravy after that.

"It's a mountain bike, get over it." -Kaolin
    He got one a month ago. Looking forward to seeing if we see a difference.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Well I just moved Phoenix from Georgia a month ago. Went back to see the wife last weekend (still selling home there and living in motorhome here) it was in the 80's and the humidity really sucks. I am working midnight shift at the airport so I will miss most of the heat. Plus I will be able to get in a ride early in the morning before it gets real hot. And sleeping thru the hot part of the day.

Got a suspension fork

$240/mo for 3,000', pool, in a 1959 house with redone attic insulation.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    And now for a different view.
    $57/1500 sqft/1951/no pool/swamp cooler until July/solar system that produces 60% of my yearly power consumption.

On swamp I see highs in the low 80s at night (5 pm ish), and lows in the low 70's in the am. To make this work, we have a ceiling fan in every room.

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsarefun View Post
    And now for a different view.
    $57/1500 sqft/1951/no pool/swamp cooler until July/solar system that produces 60% of my yearly power consumption.

On swamp I see highs in the low 80s at night (5 pm ish), and lows in the low 70's in the am. To make this work, we have a ceiling fan in every room.
    Don't forget to add back in the monthly cost of the solar system. No idea what it cost but if you paid say $25,000 yourself net, that adds another $104/month over a twenty year useful life.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Son of a ....

Monthly payments are $36 for the solar system. That is based on $0 down.

mtbr member

Son of a ....

I'm sure it's partly my fault too. Little things like turning the thermostat down more when I leave plus cutting back on the pool pump run time during the winter would help. No shades right now either on the windows so I'll probably tackle that issue this weekend.

Got a suspension fork
    Monthly payments are $36 for the solar system. That is based on $0 down.
    Mind if I ask the cost of your solar system? $36/mo is WAY less than when I looked at a system.

mtbr member

Son of a ....

Quote Originally Posted by randyharris View Post
    Mind if I ask the cost of your solar system? $36/mo is WAY less than when I looked at a system.
    Curious myself. At $0 down and a low payment like that I'd really consider doing it

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Son of a ....

Paid $8250 for a 5.32 kW system. (About all I could fit on my roof.) This is a 20yr lease/0 down/ and I paid all payments after system was installed. At the time APS had $0.50/watt rebate.

Since I paid all up front, my monthly payments for solar are $0. Just received my APS bill today. $13, and banked a couple hundred kWH for July and August.

Meatbomb
    who did you use for the install and would you recommend them?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Son of a ....

Company I used went out of business, but the system is from sun power, and they hold the lease. I would recommend sun power, they are global and diversified in the solar industry. Most importantly, they had the best price for my system. They have several companies in town who will install for them so you can still get competition on your system if you only want to go with sun power. Sun valley solar is a premier dealer and is now maintaining my system. They did not install my system, but they have been very professional in the few interactions I have had.

Got a suspension fork
    Paid $8250 for a 5.32 kW system. (About all I could fit on my roof.) This is a 20yr lease/0 down/ and I paid all payments after system was installed. At the time APS had $0.50/watt rebate.

Since I paid all up front, my monthly payments for solar are $0. Just received my APS bill today. $13, and banked a couple hundred kWH for July and August.

Clearly prices are down significantly from when I looked into it a few years ago, mind telling where you got your system? And maybe anything you'd do differently or things to look for or look out for?

Thanks!

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    what happens if you lease a system, and then a drastically more efficient one comes out? do you get to break your lease, upgrade, or are you stuck with 10-20 year old technology?

mtbr member
    Just an FYI, they are trying to pass a law that will label solar systems as 'personal property', thus being able to tax them under the same system that mobile homes, etc, get taxed. I know that there are other benefits (environmental) to solar, which are very important, but I am sure cost savings are very important as well. Just something to think about.
-Grant Petersen

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Mike- of you sign a lease your in it for the long hall. If it made financial sense when you signed up, there is only 1 reasons I can see to install a more efficient system. If the original system used all available space but didnt meet 100% of your energy use. Then repalcing part of the system may make sense, but each situation would be different. I see your question equivelant to buying a 2014 f150 because it can has a 4x6 bed ( and all you need is 4x4) then buying a 2015 f150 because it has a 4x6.5 bed ( and all you need is still 4x4) why fix it if it isn't broke?

mtbr member

Re: Son of a ....

Mike- of you sign a lease your in it for the long hall. If it made financial sense when you signed up, there is only 1 reasons I can see to install a more efficient system. If the original system used all available space but didnt meet 100% of your energy use. Then repalcing part of the system may make sense, but each situation would be different. I see your question equivelant to buying a 2014 f150 because it can has a 4x6 bed ( and all you need is 4x4) then buying a 2015 f150 because it has a 4x6.5 bed ( and all you need is still 4x4) why fix it if it isn't broke?
    Man this post has me really thinking about looking at a 2014 F150 4x4 EcoBoost, any bed size Sure do miss having a truck. Sorry for the derail. Proceed

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Members who have read this thread: 0