somo tuesday 4/12- Mtbr.com
    ride more, blog less

somo tuesday 4/12

my buddy and i are headed to somo tomorrow a.m. for our very first National decent...anyone gunna be out? we're planning on being there around 6.
    i like these odds....

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    at night or morning?

haha yeah i cant read

ride more, blog less
    morning... hope to leave my area (queen creek) at around 530am... we're not reallly ones for pedaling, more so getting assistance from gravity so we'll be shuttling... he has a truck and i have my sunburnt red ford focus but only room for two bikes ...
    i like these odds....

Shred...it's the new drug
    if you guys get up that early you should come out for some wed. mornin' shuttles tomarrow too! our van can hold 15 shredders and bikes. we're all gravity junkies so I think you'll fit right in I'm not sure if the gate will be closed tomarrow morning. I've heard rumors of the gates being closed on mondays and tuesdays due to budget cuts. Hope you guys got in!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I rode somo last monday afternoon and the gates were open at 4pm. Planning another ride today, hopefully they'll be open again!

mtbr member
    Gnar, i saw you on 48th street this morning about 640. I was pedaling south from Guadalupe rd on an orange bike. How was your ride?

ride more, blog less
    best ride in arizona yet! man it was a fun trail. chatted w/ a surprisingly pretty park ranger before the ride, so that got things off to a good beginning!! the waterfall is a bit intimidating but i made it down alright, fell off of my line in the center and ended up going waayy right towards what seemed to me as certain doom. thought i was going OTB but to my surprise i was all good.. so i guess it looks worse than it is?, but i'll still be weary next time lol. my buddy and i also came across a couple BIG chuckwallas (desert iguanas) so that was cool too! i just can't wait to get to know the trail so i can go faster
    [Bob] i really want to make it out for WED shuttles but i i have class on wed mornings total bummer...how late are you usually out there? i get out at 11:10am. i want to make it sundays too, but i also try to make it to church... but i'm really going to try and make it out this weekend, cuz i can't wait to get back on that trail!!! the only other tail at somo i've done has been holbert.... fun, but national was more my cup-o-tea. anyways, i'll be buzzin from todays ride for a few days i'm sure... until next time.
    i like these odds....

EDR
    Gnar, if you are into pedaling up, I plan on riding up Natty Friday morning, then down.

ride more, blog less
    as much as i would love to be able to pedal up that beast, my laziness and my 42+lbs bike tend to make going up very difficult. i was winded going down nationAL, i can't begin to imagine what going up would do it me...but if i ever do grow the eggs to make that climb, i'll def. let you know!!!! thanks!
    i like these odds....

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarHammer
    as much as i would love to be able to pedal up that beast, my laziness and my 42+lbs bike tend to make going up very difficult. i was winded going down nationAL, i can't begin to imagine what going up would do it me...but if i ever do grow the eggs to make that climb, i'll def. let you know!!!! thanks!
    Yeah, 42lbs is a lot to push up that hill. Funny thing is one of the few people I've ever personally witnessed make the climb UP the lower waterfall was sporting a 40-ish pound FR bike Dude was strong.

Shred...it's the new drug
    we are out wed. mornin's until at least one or so. If we got a big group that still wants to shred we will stay longer. So you could make it out for a couple runs

Members who have read this thread: 0