SoMo ThNR 12/7 meet 6:30pm- Mtbr.com
    Kathleen in AZ

SoMo ThNR 12/7 meet 6:30pm

Thursday night ride in honor of Graham (Tor-y-Foel) and his traveling buddies!! Ride will start at my house in Awhatukee - Desert Classic to Helipad and back. Meet at my house at 6:30PM. PM me for directions - I'm super busy these next 2 days with work so don't fret if you don't get an answer from me until later in the evenings.

For now I'm hopping on my bike to get to work because I hear the I-10 is closed due to a big ol accident. Oh how sweet it will be to fly by the mass of commuters on 48th St....

Kathleen

I am Walt
    I'm gonna try to make this to show off the new RIP9 and meet Graham et al.
    Ride more; post less...

Just another half mile...
    Of cousre I'll be there!!!

mtbr member
    I'm in the will try/must ride group.
    b

Not a Barry supporter.
    The wife was promoted to manager and now works until 8PM every night. I'll have to beg my parents to stay a few more hours to babysit but that's hard to do since they do so much for us already with babysitting 5 days a week. (Even though they're having the times of their lives doing it.)
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Outoftowner

I will be there....Thanks Kathleen.

Bryce

NardoSS
    You're in my neighborhood and I'm always down for a good nightride. I'll be there.

Too many Sedonuts...
    I'm going to give it a try, depending on schedule. Will be working out of the Tempe office Thurs so I'll pack the gear.
    When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

JJK
    AZ MTBR
    I will try to make it. It has been a long time since i have done a nite ride at SoMo.

Hope to see ya soon,
    Johnny K

Too many Sedonuts...
    Looks like it's not in the cards for me today. Damn. Wife got the flu and the little one needs attention. Maybe next time...
    When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

mtbr member
    Confirmed; I'll be there with Igor, the stealth SS painful thing.

Zort

igoslo
    It's looking good that I'm going to make it. Look for me at the back of the pack.

Kathleen in AZ
    Fun night ride!! Twelve of us launched off around 7 for what I had envisioned to be a nice evening stroll in the desert. But noooooo..... put together a bunch of strong guys who have never ridden together and it's a testeronefest!!! A few flat tires allowed all to catch up and we stuck together to the top of the helipad and back.

Showing up were local riders Epicrider, Zort, Jonny JJK, Walt, Nardo and his buddy Richard (yea - fellow Ahwatukeeans!), Dirdir, Solorider, with Star and I to balance out the gender spread. Out-of-towners included Graham (Tor-y-Foel) from Wales and Bryce (bgriff008) from Ohio. Graham and Bryce had already ridden the 20-mile DC-Telegraph-National loop (in that order... no one told them that you do National 1st, then DROP down Telegraph and come back on DC) earlier in the day so they were definitely ready for some hot tubbin upon return to my house.

A good ride with new and old friends on a cool night followed by some beers and soak in the spa... ahhhh, life is good in Arizona!

Kathleen

It's a Sledgehammer.
    Sep 2005
    sounds like a fun night, I need to get my lamp fixed soon.

Newbie...yeah that's it
    Man, you guys have a blast with these group rides. I hope to get in on one some day.

I am Walt

Great ride!

Thanks for the hospitality, Kathleen, and it was good to meet some new faces and out-of-towners, or in Graham's case, out-of-country-ers...

The highlight for me was towards the end when some of us were stopped and Nardo said something like, "Your bike is glowing..." Sure enough, I looked down and the RIP was glowing brightly like those stars you put on the ceiling of the kid's room. Unreal...and very cool. I had read that it glows in the dark, but didn't notice it Weds. morning or earlier last night.
    Ride more; post less...

Ouch, I am hot!
    Great ride guys. My apologies to Sean for not realizing he was Solorider. It ain't attitude on my part, just ineptness.

The highlight for me was when DurtGurl, Bryce and I were up ahead waiting for the rest. We were engaged in a very serious conversation about physics, global warming and world hunger. Suddenly, Walt pulls up quickly from behind and comes to an abrupt stop. With no regard to the fact that the rest of us were having this very nice, serious conversation, Walt barks out loudly "THIS BIKE IS GREAT, ARGH!!!!!"
    I AM JUST A JERK

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    Suddenly, Walt pulls up quickly from behind and comes to an abrupt stop.
    It should be noted that I was behind Dirdir after hanging back with Johnny and some others while Johnny fixed a flat...I believe that was the only time I was behind him...not that I was keeping track or anything...
    Ride more; post less...

igoslo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    My apologies to Sean for not realizing he was Solorider. It ain't attitude on my part, just ineptness.
    Too late for apologies, the damage is done. I cried myself to sleep last night.

igoslo
    Star and I both had a great time. The moon looked awesome through the pollution on the way back down from the helipad. Big thanks to everyone for making Star feel welcome, she was a last minute addition, and when she starts adding some serious tech skill to her already crazy fitness level she'll be kicking all our asses. Me on the other hand, I'm just a fat guy with one gear.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloRider
    Me on the other hand, I'm just a fat guy with one gear.
    Ain't nothin' wrong with that.

Brit on a trip
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Fun night ride!! Twelve of us launched off around 7 for what I had envisioned to be a nice evening stroll in the desert. But noooooo..... put together a bunch of strong guys who have never ridden together and it's a testeronefest!!! A few flat tires allowed all to catch up and we stuck together to the top of the helipad and back.

Showing up were local riders Epicrider, Zort, Jonny JJK, Walt, Nardo and his buddy Richard (yea - fellow Ahwatukeeans!), Dirdir, Solorider, with Star and I to balance out the gender spread. Out-of-towners included Graham (Tor-y-Foel) from Wales and Bryce (bgriff008) from Ohio. Graham and Bryce had already ridden the 20-mile DC-Telegraph-National loop (in that order... no one told them that you do National 1st, then DROP down Telegraph and come back on DC) earlier in the day so they were definitely ready for some hot tubbin upon return to my house.

A good ride with new and old friends on a cool night followed by some beers and soak in the spa... ahhhh, life is good in Arizona!

Kathleen

Thanks again for organising a great evening Kathleen - definitiely one of the highlights of our trip - for me at least! - despite the pain involved in dragging my tired sorry ass up the climbs

Nice after ride beer 'n soak too -quite unlike my next night ride that will involve hosing down a filthy muddy bike whilst freezing my nuts then peeling off a pile of muddy wet kit in the garage before diving gratefully into the warmth of the house

Its now approaching 4pm in the uk and has already started to get dark under grey leaden skies - my wife tells me there was 6 inches of rain the week we flew out - but wasn't impressed when I told her we had one day with a few clouds - missing the glorious sunsets already!

I will do a write up on the rest of ourip in the next day or two when I have sorted myself out a bit
    Growing old is mandatory - growing up is optional

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tor-y-Foel
    ...missing the glorious sunsets already!...
    I was only thinking around midday on Sunday how glad you must be to be back

Members who have read this thread: 0