SoMo C2C2C - Sunday 11/5 FIP @ 8AM- Mtbr.com
    Kathleen in AZ

SoMo C2C2C - Sunday 11/5 FIP @ 8AM

Looks like there is enough interest to post an official ride invite!

Meet at the SoMo Pima Canyon/48th St entrance and plan for feet-in-pedals at 8AM.... Gather under the ramada closest to the bathrooms. Full ride is ~27 miles and will take a minimum of 5 hours, but plan for longer. Plan is to hoof it up Mormon/National non-stop to Buena Vista for us FOTP riders to get a grip on whether or not we will meet Jim's 1-hr cut-off time. Ride after that will be more relaxed. If you can't do the whole ride, feel free to join us for the first part and then split off on your own.

For the full-meal-deal, bring at least 100oz of water and more if you can fit it in - last time we did this, many of us ran out of water somewhere around Buena Vista on the return trip. Bring enough grub for the whole day. Armor is recommended!!

And... pack your health insurance card and emergency contact info in your Camelback. This is good idea for any ride, but after what happened on the last C2C2C I just want to remind everyone to keep safety and possible need for rescue in the back of your minds.

Post up if you plan to do the ride!!
    Kathleen

mtbr member
    I will ride for sure.

Too many Sedonuts...
    This sounds like fun. I've wanted to do C2C2C for awhile but too lazy to figure out the route myself. I'll be there...I'll be the tall guy with the shiny new ano slate Nomad.

wrecking crew
    ...IF Jeff (monkeybutt) can shake this nasty cold sickness...we are slated to be there again...for the second round of superlicious fun! But we'll have to wait and see how he feels...poor guy!
    ~~~

AKA shitbird
    I really want to do this, I'll plan on being there. Look for Blue Tacoma, Black Ellsworth, white fool.

igoslo
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    ...IF Jeff (monkeybutt) can shake this nasty cold sickness...
    Sub my name for Jeff's and ditto that.

mtbr member
    I'm out. I have to pull the Jeff and Su.ling~ ...... I have to work this W.E.

have fun.
    b

I am Doctor Remulak
    I'm in, I just need to figure out which bike to take and how much I want to punish myself.

We de MAMMY NUNS!
    I think I'm going to follow you up to the end of Mormon. This'll be my first, real ride since the injury in June and I'm really out of shape. Plus, I'm not ready for National yet. I'll prolly double-back and take Ridgeline to 46th street and go up Javelina if I'm not totally dead by the end of Mormon. I've really missed riding!!
    I've nothing to add....

What matter where?
    i'm in.

I am Doctor Remulak
    Well, 12 riders started and 8 finished the entire ride.

As is typical of a DurtGurl ride we started at 8:15, 15 minutes earlier than the FIP @ 8 start time (a tip for those that haven't been on a DurtGurl ride before...start times are optimistic, starting 30 minutes after the posted start time is not unusual). We had a couple riders peel off at the 24th St intersection and dropped another at the Buena Vista parking lot.

All was well until after the hike-a-bike section after Telegraph Pass. Kathleen had forgotten to refill her Camelback and was low on water (as well as tired from a very busy few days leading up to today's ride). suling met us at the intersection of San Jaun road and brought much needed water and food for all of us and gave DurtGurl a ride back to the parking lot. Thanks suling, you saved a few of us.

We proceeded up the road to Beuna Vista and then back home via National, some of us opted for Mormon as fatigue was setting in.

Good ride.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Did anyone have a camera?

wrecking crew

Water Girl sez...

Well, I skipped todays epic because of feeling not quite well but I met up with the crew as rider support for the epic. So nice to see everyone! Mike, it's been way too long~I've missed riding with you! Bob too! You guys gotta get out more with us! Juan, where have you been hiding? James, always a pleasure. Will, when is the next Goat Camp? We have to get in as much riding in as possible before you move away! C-Joe, your Nomad was purrrrdy!

Good meeting those I hadn't met previously and a shout out to those two cali boyz Chris & Jeff! Great to meet you guys! Next time I will be on my bike. Make sure to come back and visit us again. We have really great trail all over the Valley, Sedona, Flagstaff, Prescott...well, you get the picture.

Kathleen, at your service...honda-limo service that is! Glad I could be of service to you guys. I remember how we all ran out of water on our last Coast2Coast2Coast and figured a little extra water/food might be nice for you guys/gal before the big climb back up to BV.

To the surviving 8 riders...Hope the rest of your ride went well.
    ~~~

What matter where?
    Great ride!!! Gotta give props to Su ling; the pit-stop most certainly made the remainder of the ride far less painful than it could have been. Thanks again. As for the rest of the crew...much thanks, it is always a pleasure to ride and learn from such a talented group.

I am Doctor Remulak
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Did anyone have a camera?
    Yeah, there were a few cameras out there today, I left mine at home though. Hopefully we get some pics posted.

What brings you to the AZ board?

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Mikey
    Well, 12 riders started and 8 finished the entire ride.

As is typical of a DurtGurl ride we started at 8:15, 15 minutes earlier than the FIP @ 8 start time (a tip for those that haven't been on a DurtGurl ride before...start times are optimistic, starting 30 minutes after the posted start time is not unusual). We had a couple riders peel off at the 24th St intersection and dropped another at the Buena Vista parking lot.

All was well until after the hike-a-bike section after Telegraph Pass. Kathleen had forgotten to refill her Camelback and was low on water (as well as tired from a very busy few days leading up to today's ride). suling met us at the intersection of San Jaun road and brought much needed water and food for all of us and gave DurtGurl a ride back to the parking lot. Thanks suling, you saved a few of us.

We proceeded up the road to Beuna Vista and then back home via National, some of us opted for Mormon as fatigue was setting in.

Good ride.
    And the crowd chants...... LOSER. I start the ride late (as Mike notes this typical for me but I thought only 15 late on FIP was pretty darn good!!), I forgot to refill my H2O after yesterday's hike (not typical, I'm usually overly prepared), and I bonk big time on the backside of National (oh well).

Thankfully SuLing was planning on meeting us with water after the San Juan road so all the guys were very generous with water, Cliff jello squares, and patience for yours truly. Then, bless her soul, Su Ling carted me and my bike back to my truck. Thanks for the lift and for remembering for me that was where you were taking me, not home... haha.

Fun times all in all, but next time I will do no back-to back ThNR/fixie commutes/hiking/cacti planting on the days prior to the big ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nat
    mtbr member
    Yeah, there were a few cameras out there today, I left mine at home though. Hopefully we get some pics posted.

What brings you to the AZ board?
    Cool, I'm looking forward to pics. Since I used to live in Tucson and Ahwatukee I drop in from time-to-time to look at ride reports.

Too many Sedonuts...
    Great ride. Fun to ride with folk as talented as this, amazing what you learn just watching other folks. This was my first time up/down national beyond the mormon intersection. That descent at the far west end was an absolute blast, as was national back to the mormon intersection after the climb up the road. Looking foward to getting pads (could've used em today) and doing this again.

I am Doctor Remulak
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Cool, I'm looking forward to pics. Since I used to live in Tucson and Ahwatukee I drop in from time-to-time to look at ride reports.
    How long ago did you live in AZ? I enjoyed a Mirror Pond from one of your local breweries after the ride today.

Tdub
    This ride "do-able" with a 4" travel trail bike?
    "What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?"-Vincent Van Gogh

Nat
    mtbr member
    How long ago did you live in AZ? I enjoyed a Mirror Pond from one of your local breweries after the ride today.
    I lived in Tucson from 1998-2002 before I moved to Bend. I lived in The 'Tuk during the winter of 1998 pretty much right at the base of SoMo. I like looking at your guys' pics because I can still visualize pretty much all of the trails that I rode there. I should fly down for a Spring Fling on of these years.

Edit: I googled and found myself still catching air at the end of Schultz Creek. I submitted that pic in about the year 2000! Also in the over/under at Fantasy Island. Pics labelled "nat" "gap" and "gap2"

http://www.mountainbikeaz.com/galler...3306954b75e4b9
    Last edited by Nat; 11-05-2006 at 08:48 PM.

I am Doctor Remulak
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyWW
    This ride "do-able" with a 4" travel trail bike?
    Sure, that's what I rode today. There were a few hardtails out today as well.

mtbr member

some photos

Great ride! Big thanks to Su Ling. That was so rad of you to hook us up like that!
    Thanks to Kathleen for getting the ride together. Hope to see you all soon. Bob

Only have a few photos...

These links are of a couple waterfall decents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN7ILFebIiI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7baKH5vSPMg

I have one more but youtube is taking forever to upload it. I'll put it up later!

mtbr member
    couple more

wrecking crew
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    And the crowd chants...... LOSER.
    Kathleen!
    Don't you dare say that!
    Everyone on this board knows what a wonderful person you are! You are an awesome rider and as a friend, you are the best! You are the total OPPOSITE of a loser...

...so no more of that garbage flying out your fingertips...mmmmmkay?
    ~~~

mtbr member

video

Here is the last video i took... a hardtail taking the waterfall with authority.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1Z5nzV4B_k

Members who have read this thread: 0