sometimes you gotta throw the "lame" card.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

sometimes you gotta throw the "lame" card.

so i'm gonna. whoever the four guys were who blasted my wife & our 120lb gal friend off the downhill in Sedona yelling "get out of OUR way!!!" and when they replied they were climbing & you should yield yell "where are YOU from!!" well, they are Flag locals & you guys are LAME. it got down through the grapevine that you are in the bike industry in northern AZ. i hope this not to be true. if it is, shame on you. our Arizona bicycling community deserves better. be cool out there - is that too much to ask? rant over, Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles Flagstaff, AZ.
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Meatbomb
    teach the wife to throw an elbow...

AZ
    banned
    Mountain biking needs more elbows .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    just think about that for a second. really?
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Major lameness for sure. Good for them for telling those turds they are supposed to yield for uphill riders.

Tiff

mtbr member
    and just for perspective - let's just say that if you get really jacked up in N. AZ and need to get some real patchwork done that you will likely be in these people's care. let's keep them safe for all of us.............

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    you should give way to climbers

banned
    trainwreck in 3........2.........1...........

My other ride is your mom
    I'll refer you to the "Too many A-holes in MTB Right now" thread......it has the "Nice People Encountered While Riding" thread beat nearly 3:1.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    trainwreck in 3........2.........1...........
    why, is asking people to show some empathy {esp. during the holiday season} bad?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Unfortunately bad things happen on the trails and people are often rude, but why make a post about it? These threads pop-up ALL the time and it gets really old really fast. Ya, they were out of line but what can you do? They were dis-respectful and all you can really do is to continue to be courteous and practice proper etiquette, like a majority of cyclists do. Keep doin' your thing and don't dwell on the negative, there's no need!

I, Mudd
    Quote Originally Posted by cm374
    Ya, they were out of line but what can you do?
    Typically I would agree with your post but in this case it sounds like the OP knows who the culprits are. If he does know who they are, and if they frequent this forum, maybe this is an effective way to try to change their behaviour?

I do agree that the ever-present "someone was a jerk" / "a hiker was mean" / "who put rocks on the trail?" thread is redundant but this one might serve a purpose. I guess that begs the question of whether that purpose is appropriate here at all.

Jason
    "Because I was profiling and it looked stolen.
    90% of everything in my neighborhood is stolen." - Me

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    I've been working on my elbows for a while now. The holiday old lady traffic is going to be very heavy at Safeway this week and I am ready!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hfy108
    Typically I would agree with your post but in this case it sounds like the OP knows who the culprits are. If he does know who they are, and if they frequent this forum, maybe this is an effective way to try to change their behaviour?

Jason
    exactly - i could give a damn but as a bicycle retailer i would expect a level of conduct above the level of the "average" cyclist from fellow retailers. don't bite the hands that feed..........that's all i have to say - carry on.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Step up and call them out if you know who they are. ****it. Relying on anonymity only forgoes accountability.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman
    I've been working on my elbows for a while now. The holiday old lady traffic is going to be very heavy at Safeway this week and I am ready!

And remember, it's "GET THE FCUK OUT OF MY WAY!"
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    Step up and call them out if you know who they are. ****it. Relying on anonymity only forgoes accountability.
    i'm not just guessing. the last person in line knew my wife & told her who they were. i was just hoping to give a "heads up" after the witchhunt this summer over race markings.........this kinda thing can really hurt a buisness, and i *actually* want these guys to succeed, something that is not likely if you get blacklisted like some of this summers' players..............

mtbr member
    I say, rat them out. Who are they? Maybe a call to the shop that they work is in order. If i see the little bastards, I'll take them over my knee. That's no way to treat a women. Suffice to say that if those were men that were in their way, the Dhers probably would have acted differently. I like the elbows idea...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by coconinocycles
    i'm not just guessing. the last person in line knew my wife & told her who they were. i was just hoping to give a "heads up" after the witchhunt this summer over race markings.........this kinda thing can really hurt a buisness, and i *actually* want these guys to succeed, something that is not likely if you get blacklisted like some of this summers' players..............
    I can respect that.

AKA shitbird
    Burn Them!

Name:  burn them.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  26.2 KB

:d
    JRA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbgirl16
    I say, rat them out. Who are they? Maybe a call to the shop that they work is in order. If i see the little bastards, I'll take them over my knee. That's no way to treat a women. Suffice to say that if those were men that were in their way, the Dhers probably would have acted differently. I like the elbows idea...
    it's not DH v. XC or anything like that. it's just about treating others as *you* would like to be treated. you can't just pay your IMBA dues & then act like puds. and they are not employees........

A plethora of pinatas
    Major lameness! Sorry to hear this happened to your wife and friend.

Are some of these guys the same players from last summer's "race sabotage incidents"?
    Marty

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoplea

Are some of these guys the same players from last summer's "race sabotage incidents"?
    NO - not at all.

"No Clue Crew"
    PLAY THAT CARD!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Call them out and do us all a favor-can't belive all the inconsiderate douchebags on the trail latley! Only by calling them out can we teach some type of responsibility-their parents obviously never did that-probably "time out kids".............. From douchebag parents come douchebag kids..............................

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=cm374]Unfortunately bad things happen on the trails and people are often rude, but why make a post about it? QUOTE]

I have had this thought before on the trail: "I better yield, I could get called out on MTBR."

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    http://flagstaff.craigslist.org/bik/1522249577.html

Like this? He makes this guy sound like a terrorist.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Unfortunately bad things happen on the trails and people are often rude, but why make a post about it? These threads pop-up ALL the time and it gets really old really fast. Ya, they were out of line but what can you do? They were dis-respectful and all you can really do is to continue to be courteous and practice proper etiquette, like a majority of cyclists do. Keep doin' your thing and don't dwell on the negative, there's no need!
    By talking about it here, hopefully we are raising awareness among the newbies or the uninformed that don't know what proper mtn biking etiquette is.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeman1243
    By talking about it here, hopefully we are raising awareness among the newbies or the uninformed that don't know what proper mtn biking etiquette is.
    Maybe we need a sticky then instead of a passive-aggressive post in which the OP threatens to call out those who snubbed him but then retracts and never will.

"Lurkers R us"
    Can we get back to how to elbow? I'm not real good at that yet. I still have to do my Christmas shopping.

mtbr member
    Owners??

Quote Originally Posted by coconinocycles
    it's not DH v. XC or anything like that. it's just about treating others as *you* would like to be treated. you can't just pay your IMBA dues & then act like puds. and they are not employees........

mtbr member
    builders?

mtbr member
    classic lameness but hey america is just flat out rude anyways..something I hate and I woulda shoved a stick in his tire..I def agree with the few that say call thier rude a$$ out and put them in the corner after a whoppin..but hey thats just me..hell I hold the door open for ppl and dont get a thanx then they get a rude "your welcome" and yet I still hold the door open to rude america but I'm not affraid to call 'em out..but hey each his own and hopefully those guys see this thread and realize how rude they were and change that..sorry it had to happen to your wife and friend..
    SixSixOne,Hayes,Azonic,Steel Optics,Oneal,Manitou,Sun Ringle,Tag Metals,Sunline
    work to live,live to ride

rip the line
    Jun 2006
    I don't mind these threads. Keeps folks aware of the simplicity of trail manners and refreshes the need to be cool out there.
    "I tried to live always free and above board like you" Cool Hand Luke

Members who have read this thread: 0