Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Somebody should fire ever weather forecaster in this God-foresaken city.

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  silversurfer 
#1 ·
Come on, slight chance of early a.m. showers? Give me a break. Geez, it's like Portland out there. In addition to Ultimate Frisbeen being cancelled, it's too miserable to go out for a ride. To top it off, it's suppsed to be awesome this weekend (of course we'll have to see about that since you can't trust these weathermen and women further--or is it farther--than you can throw them), but becasue of all this friggin rain, I know for a fact I'm going to be stuch pulling all these god damn weeds and won't get to ride (assuming the trails are dry and that ark on T100 is gone). Mother Nature, you are a BEEEAAACCCCHHHHH (sp?)!!!!

Okay, rant over :)

#3 ·
Flashback: "Am I back in Seattle?"

Today's conditions would be a decent commute in my previous life up in Seattle, so I must believe that #500 days of very decent weather has spoiled me rotten. Tonight, my wife and I make a pizza, open a bottle of wine, and sit in front of a roaring fireplace. I might even have some NetFlix to catch up on. Thanks for the pizza recipe Rex!

Cheers

#4 ·
we've had a few showers all day, although I was standing in the flight-dispatch office watching the radar loop on the 50" flatscreen and all that yellow that was moving through phoenix-thinking; "wow....sucks to be them".

Too much snow/wet up here to really ride yet, give it a few days of sun(supposedly forecast) and we'll be back to normal.

#5 ·
it sucks. i planned a ride today, too. can anyone tell me, is desert classic going to be rideable tomorrow or should i just plan on the trainer? god, i hate the trainer, all i can keep thinking is, this will make my next real ride better...

just saw the weather, looks like south phoenix is staying dry. the question is, will it stay that way??? grrrrr.

Rita

#6 ·
bunch of crying weenies!!

oh come on-get your butts out their you bunch of whining wimps!!

it's cold, it's wet, its windy, its dirty, my shoes might get muddy. BOO HOO!!

what's all this about portland and seattle too? contrary to popular myth, it doesn't rain in portland, it drips-all year long. except of course in july, august, and september, which are a just a little bit of heaven. the up side is that, if you like to turn-em, all the rain in winter=about 20' of accumulated snow in winter.

this weather reminds me of the old days, riding with fenders and gore-tex all winter, poaching the maple trail in forest park in the mornings before work. now i look at those pics of guys riding in snow and what not. no thanks, i'll stick with the 160 degrees blast furnace we call summer.

#9 ·
skinny-tire said:
Come on, slight chance of early a.m. showers? Give me a break. Geez, it's like Portland out there.
Dude. Stop. Seriously.

I had to do a goddamned TOUR out in that shiit this afternoon. Very nice, very understanding guy -- but there's only so much you can do when there's a flash flood and lightning bearing down on you.

Good times,

p.

#10 · (Edited)
The trail gods were nice to us today

Call it luck, call it fortune, call it what you like but we were able to put in a nice 12 mile SS ride on Desert Classic between 4:30-5:30 with nary a drop of rain. It was SWEEET! The soil was just moist enough to provide great traction without causing any ruts. A few more baby head rocks showed up but all in all, a great ride. The big BLACK ominous cloud was sitting just north of us and waited until we finished before delivering its punch. Wow, what a punch! My yards have about 4-6" of hail stacked up against the walls! Here is a shot during the chaos.

#13 ·
dirtbag said:
any chance that new pony of yours will see some action this weekend? hawes is the place for the SS buba, especially hell-gasp-grunt-groan-hill!

i'll be sportin' some new hoops. yeeeeeehaaaaa!
New hoops! Cool. I'm still working on Brother "Christmas". He's thinking National on Sunday. What do you want to do? I'm thinking about checking out the Titus line-up Saturday at the ramadas.

#16 ·
Buncha whiners!

Paul B said:
Dude. Stop. Seriously.

I had to do a goddamned TOUR out in that shiit this afternoon. Very nice, very understanding guy -- but there's only so much you can do when there's a flash flood and lightning bearing down on you.

Good times,

p.
WAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Well, at least you were riding! Everyone else, bah!!! Wimps! I was sitting on top of the north ridge of South Mountain, watching a wall of near black clouds covering downtown PHX over to the East Valley. Kinda like the Nothing in the Neverending Story. :(

I had a good run down Mormon to 24th. What is it with me, that trail, and lightning storms? Funny how fast you can ride that trail with thoughts of being a knobby-tired shishkabob in your head. Oh well. I got home to about four inches of pea sized hail on my front porch.

Not a bad day for an slow, out of shape guy!

brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.