Some riding stoke !- Mtbr.com
    dirt visionary

Good job! Some riding stoke !

This is from last weekend..Sixshooter is prime with a few trees down before HAB after that smooth sailing ..Plus trees that are down aren't in bad spots. Also headsup lower sixshooter after the forest road is now clean and clear once again.Its been a couple years but its rocking all the way to the CCC. Check dam has also gotten work .

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Just awesome, I could not stop watching...................really nice terrain out there!!! Gotta get out there with you guys soon................

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Looks fun

dirt visionary
    Thanks it was fun!

mtbr member
    Is this pinal mountain area? where do you find the trail head. Nice vid, Looked like some sweet flow, thanks for offering up.
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGHORN LEW View Post
    Is this pinal mountain area? where do you find the trail head. Nice vid, Looked like some sweet flow, thanks for offering up.
    This is my only map
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    thanks for the great map. I know the area fairly well. I have camped next to the Kellner canyon trailhead a number of times, but never rode any of the trails. has anyone ever rolled the kellner canyon trail?? what's there? thanks
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

live long and huck
    How long is the trail? Looks like a blast, by the way. Would you want to attempt climbing it, or do you shuttle?
    Low and slack.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGHORN LEW View Post
    thanks for the great map. I know the area fairly well. I have camped next to the Kellner canyon trailhead a number of times, but never rode any of the trails. has anyone ever rolled the kellner canyon trail?? what's there? thanks
    Only Ice House and Six Shooter for me. Road was grated last week so it's pretty smooth.

dirt visionary
    Kellner is funthe begining is a rockfest but once to the old saw mill site its golden some fast , some tech, some climbing in spots I would say the super d of the mountain..Sixer is 7miles depending on ending point and it also IMO is super d like..with one HAB plenty of fun flow..Ice house is a bit beatup but techie dh no climbs.Kellner dumps out onto old icehouse road which would dump you on pioneer pass rd north of the ccc.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

cool vid

looks awesome! I'm am going to ride this trail a few weeks.

I am Walt

Sixshooter Fire?

Did this fire affect the trail at all?
    InciWeb the Incident Information System: Sixshooter Fire
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz View Post
    Did this fire affect the trail at all?
    InciWeb the Incident Information System: Sixshooter Fire
    My heart just sank. Looks ok though. 2 acres and 100% contained. Looks like it was between 6 shooter and Telephone. Come on rain!

mtbr member
    Clockwork~ A few friends were talking about going and checking this out this month or early November but we are really XC riders and one friend rides a fully rigid 29er. I am just wondering what your thoughts are on taking HT bikes down this. We will likely be slower but I didn't see anything that really looked like you had to have a DH bike ot FS. Thoughts?

Dirt Bike Craig
    I'm very interested in checking out these trails also. Thanks for the stoke brah! Where do you start from on the map? Do you pedal uphill or shuttle it? Cheers!
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I'd love to check this out if anyone wants to join up and do it on a weekend. I have a DH as well as an XC and am happy to take either (depending on what youre bringing). I have a truck we can use if we want to do the shuttle thing.

Still consider myself a beginner at DH, so you gotta be newb friendly! Although it looks pretty easy.
    Last edited by juggles; 10-17-2012 at 10:17 AM.
    "This fish who keeps on swimming, is the first to chill upstream" - 311

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I cant stop watching this and pretending to be there instead of in this office!
    "This fish who keeps on swimming, is the first to chill upstream" - 311

Dirt Bike Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by juggles View Post
    I cant stop watching this and pretending to be there instead of in this office!
    That's the only way I make it through, week after week
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

dirt visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by AzKennedy View Post
    Clockwork~ A few friends were talking about going and checking this out this month or early November but we are really XC riders and one friend rides a fully rigid 29er. I am just wondering what your thoughts are on taking HT bikes down this. We will likely be slower but I didn't see anything that really looked like you had to have a DH bike ot FS. Thoughts?
    Nope not at all as I always say bring what you got and have fun the trail is fine on any bike . I know a 69 year old guy who rides sixshooter and sqaw springs on a walmart next FS bike and he holds his own for that age . Its just the more travel you do have the faster you can go and the more forgiveness you have . 2 weekends ago we nailed sixer in 1hr30 mins and that was all the way into town to the FS office plus our time BSing HAB and resting ..When I first started riding it back in 05 it took 2.5hrs the first time and was an adventure. Now its just a sweet run but I know it like the back of my hand. There might be a few of us doing it this weekend again . But towards the end of the day .

Quote Originally Posted by FMX_DBC View Post
    I'm very interested in checking out these trails also. Thanks for the stoke brah! Where do you start from on the map? Do you pedal uphill or shuttle it? Cheers!
    Thanks ! The starting point can be one of 4 lol ..To make it simpler there are 2 main ones we use . The top peak above the campgrounds adds 3/4 mile of more trail with a couple nice features although grown over good but easy to follow it ends up at ferndell and you can all start from the ferndell parking area also . I prefer from the peak and after a short climb take right that heads down into sixshooter just past the normal gate everyone must pass thru..Beware after the short up and the right its downhill and there is a barbed wire gate also that sneaks up on you.

mtbr member
    a bit over grown.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Some riding stoke !-img_1004_opt.jpg  

dirt visionary
    Lol ya just a tad

Members who have read this thread: 0