Some Props- Mtbr.com

Thread: Some Props

mtbr member

Some Props

I had a good ride today and thought I'd float some props to people who deserve it.

First to Cactus Bike. Every time I'm in there I have a positive experience and the service on my MTB is always spot on. Here's an example. A couple months ago I was having some rear wheel issues. I took the MTB to another shop and they told me they were busy and couldn't look at it for at least 3 days and that if the fix required parts it would be an additional 7-10 days to fix. I said no thanks and took the bike to Cactus. I walked in the door explained the issue to Fish, he threw the bike on the stand and 10 minutes later the bike was fixed. I was there 10 minutes and he charged me $5. $5. 10 Minutes. Yeah this is why I will return to Cactus Bike. Keep up the great work and oh yeah get that foothills store open soon.

Now for the driver/drivers of the Wednesday morning shuttle crews. I don't shuttle but I see you every Wednesday. We're on the same schedule but I'm on my road bike. With road riders up and down the mountain and the shuttles running too you might think there'd be some conflict on the road. I've seen none. My experience has been one of total courtesy on the part of those shuttling and I've tried to reciprocate. Case in point, this morning I was descending as you were driving up. You started to pass another roadie who was climbing but quickly backed off when you noticed us coming downhill. It was a small move but a great gesture. The last thing any roadie wants to see as they come around a blind corner on a descent is the hood of van left of the yellow line. I truly appreciate you keeping the safety of all riders in mind when you’re out there. Well done and keep it up. Hope you had some great runs today too.

Thank you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
    I had a good ride today and thought I'd float some props to people who deserve it.

First to Cactus Bike. Every time I'm in there I have a positive experience and the service on my MTB is always spot on. Here's an example. A couple months ago I was having some rear wheel issues. I took the MTB to another shop and they told me they were busy and couldn't look at it for at least 3 days and that if the fix required parts it would be an additional 7-10 days to fix. I said no thanks and took the bike to Cactus. I walked in the door explained the issue to Fish, he threw the bike on the stand and 10 minutes later the bike was fixed. I was there 10 minutes and he charged me $5. $5. 10 Minutes. Yeah this is why I will return to Cactus Bike. Keep up the great work and oh yeah get that foothills store open soon.

Now for the driver/drivers of the Wednesday morning shuttle crews. I don't shuttle but I see you every Wednesday. We're on the same schedule but I'm on my road bike. With road riders up and down the mountain and the shuttles running too you might think there'd be some conflict on the road. I've seen none. My experience has been one of total courtesy on the part of those shuttling and I've tried to reciprocate. Case in point, this morning I was descending as you were driving up. You started to pass another roadie who was climbing but quickly backed off when you noticed us coming downhill. It was a small move but a great gesture. The last thing any roadie wants to see as they come around a blind corner on a descent is the hood of van left of the yellow line. I truly appreciate you keeping the safety of all riders in mind when you’re out there. Well done and keep it up. Hope you had some great runs today too.

Thank you.
    bumplove

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Word up.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

Kathleen in AZ
    Thanks for taking the time to write this positive note! It's really cool to see you guys every week hauling up and down the road on skinny wheels We all gotta watch out for each other so I'm happy to hear the care of the Gnargnar drivers has been noticed. And here's hoping Fish and crew will be back in business soon !!

Shred...it's the new drug
    Thanks for the positive feedback...love to hear this!!! We're stoked on anyone who rides any bike. Skinny tires or fat...we're all out there enjoying the mountain anyway we choose!

I enjoy every experience a Cactus bike and hope they can make a strong return!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    It was nice to see a post like this.

mtbr member
    I remember seeing you pass by us after this encounter on your well deserved way down the mountain. I prefer the ride in the van up to the top myself, but to each their own! Thanks for noticing the courtesy. We go out of our way to make the effort.

Cheers!
    Yeah, well, the Dude abides.

mtbr member
    Fish "get's it" I've experienced the $5 quick fix myself...That is true customer service...a guy that can actually fix something on the spot, and be courteous and respectful (well that may be pushing it, but hey...)

I hope they get re-opened soon, there are so many under serviced bikes stacking up in the SoMo area...
    Check my pulse...

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by 5bravobravo View Post
    Fish "get's it" I've experienced the $5 quick fix myself...That is true customer service...a guy that can actually fix something on the spot, and be courteous and respectful (well that may be pushing it, but hey...)

I hope they get re-opened soon, there are so many under serviced bikes stacking up in the SoMo area...
    is Fish doing any work now on his own while the shop is in transition?
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    is Fish doing any work now on his own while the shop is in transition?
    Yes. Hit him up.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarkos View Post
    Yes. Hit him up.
    Tmarkos, I heard you are doing your own film production work now under Legend Adult Video.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    Tmarkos, I heard you are doing your own film production work now under Legend Adult Video.
    South Mountain Mouth Mountin'

Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    South Mountain Mouth Mountin'
    now that's a different type of GNAR...

mtbr member
    Starring Paaaasch Bigalow.

mtbr member
    Pasch does all the acting. I'm just the stunt cock.

Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider View Post
    Starring Paaaasch Bigalow.
    Pasch Bigalow...Ahwatukee Gigalo

mtbr member
    Haha!
    Yeah, well, the Dude abides.