SoCal to CO roadtrip- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

SoCal to CO roadtrip

Hey guys,

I'm driving from Pasadena back to Boulder in a few weeks, and trying to plan out my trip. I've got the Moab and Rockies portion figured out, but wondering what to do on the way there.
    I'm leaning towards cruising through Joshua Tree, then Flagstaff. Any must-hit trails through Arizona? Anyone want to join me on a ride Sunday-Wednesday (Aug 19-22) or so?

Besides my mountain bike I'll also have a kayak, harness, etc. so suggestions in that realm are welcome too.

Thanks!

Tucson, AZ
    The Kaibab on the North Rim of the GC is a must-do. You can veer from 89A after you leave Flagstaff and head there via Jacob Lake. AZ Trail/East Mesa View is first choice, then hit up the Rainbow Rim trail (if you have time).

Pics from my recent trips (with some kayaking on the CO River here) Chad's Bikepacking Diary: Search results for Kaibab

Give it a crank
    Don't miss a trail or two in Sedona. Stop by the Bike and Bean shop for tips or a group ride. Ask about Highline Trail.

Huffy Rider
    Gonna be pretty hot for Sedona, but Flagstaff is pretty fun. PM me, I may be up for a ride in the trees. AZ trail is a newer trail and very fun.

My other ride is your mom
    ^^^^^What she said!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0