mtbr member

So many trips to BC this summer

There must be some local expert advice for the riches the lie in wait in the north country.
    I too am heading out to the far northern hinterlands.
    Only unlike DG and Ken and others, I am going all the way through to AK.

Anyone else been to BC, the Yukon, or further and done a great ride? Tell me please. Spread the love.

I am asking for trail and camp spot advice in Canada that I can hit along the route. I won't be spending two nights in one place (or even latitude) except the big W, so all the good advice out there would be greatly appreciated.

I will certainly miss the ripperz, the OP, and AZ in general, but F this heat.
    Thanks, Adam

Enjoy the pics of 50 year trail and Anchorage goodness. What a contrast!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pivotal figure
    Love that first shot, nothing soft to land on there
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Downhill Spokesmodel
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrobinson
    There must be some local expert advice for the riches the lie in wait in the north country.
    I too am heading out to the far northern hinterlands.
    Only unlike DG and Ken and others, I am going all the way through to AK.

Anyone else been to BC, the Yukon, or further and done a great ride? Tell me please. Spread the love.

I am asking for trail and camp spot advice in Canada that I can hit along the route. I won't be spending two nights in one place (or even latitude) except the big W, so all the good advice out there would be greatly appreciated.
    My wife and I honeymooned on an Alaska cruise/tour last year. It was the second best trip of my life (first was Whistler about 5 yrs ago). First three days were spent on the boat from Vancouver. We disembarked in Skagway, AK and took the train to the Canadian border. From the border we boarded a bus headed to Fairbanks. From Fairbanks we took the Alaska Railroad through Denali to Anchorage.
    On the first night of the bus tour, we stayed in Whitehorse, YT. Before we left in the morning I noticed a bike/coffee shop across the street from the hotel we stayed in. I went across the street to check it out. The shop had wrought iron security bars on the windows that was make into scenes of bikers in full face helmets riding stunts and stuff. The bike shop was closed, but the coffee shop was open so I asked them about the local trails. They said that they had some of the best trails around and had been written up in several magazines. Checked out Google when I got home and found all kinds of info including a cool article from Mountain Bike UK which I downloaded in PDF.

Have fun and let us know what gems you discover up north.
    James
    Now I DRIVE the short bus!!

Help increase ShortBus' rep

pedaller
    Whistler 5 years ago was better than your honeymoon last year?

Oops, I mean

What happens in MTBR stays in MTBR...
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    [QUOTE]They said that they had some of the best trails around and had been written up in several magazines. Have fun and let us know what gems you discover up north.[QUOTE]

Thanks. I too have heard that Whitehorse is the Mecca of the north. Check this out:
    http://www.imba.com/resources/successes/yukon.html

I'd also still appreciate more help from folks about trails between the border and Whitehorse. That's along way and gorgeous country to pass by without riding.

We'll see; I'll certainly try to send out some pics or vids or something once I resettle. Folks in AZ have to know that it is a big, beautiful world and not everywhere is nature in full attack mode.

mtbr member
    Check out Squamish if you're passing that way. Trails, camping, and the city in general are awesome.
    Binary Transition Bikes Demon Dirt

Members who have read this thread: 0