So many AZ forum posts - are we posers or for real?- Mtbr.com
    Fragile - must be Italian

So many AZ forum posts - are we posers or for real?

Hey fellow Zonies...

Did you notice that this forum is far busier than any other regional forum? And not by just a small margin...by a mile! So why are we posting so much? Are we just a bunch of posers who have nothing better to do than surf the internet? Or do we actually have enough passion to ride and still talk about it afterwards?

I don't know about the rest of you, but in now way could I be considered a poser. I spend at least 4-5 hours every weekend on my mountain bike, road bike, or both. And that doesn't include night rides that I occasionally throw in. I just love coming to this board on a regular basis to see what everybody else is doing.

How 'bout the rest of you?

Thx...Doug

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi
    Hey fellow Zonies...

Did you notice that this forum is far busier than any other regional forum? And not by just a small margin...by a mile! So why are we posting so much? Are we just a bunch of posers who have nothing better to do than surf the internet? Or do we actually have enough passion to ride and still talk about it afterwards?

I don't know about the rest of you, but in now way could I be considered a poser. I spend at least 4-5 hours every weekend on my mountain bike, road bike, or both. And that doesn't include night rides that I occasionally throw in. I just love coming to this board on a regular basis to see what everybody else is doing.

Thx...Doug
    If for nothing else, this state is THE state to ride in during the winter.....
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

I am Doctor Remulak

I'm a poser

and it's nice to have an AZ forum

MTBR Tool
    I think we'll see a different story when it hits 100+ every day.

Saucy Size
    Hey fellow Zonies...

Did you notice that this forum is far busier than any other regional forum?

My theory: no statewide club. SDMB's mailing list down in Tucson is pretty hoppin', so they are serving their "mountain biking community" needs. But as a state, ESPECIALLY in the Valley, there's no real unifying force at work. Lots of clusters of riders, but none of those clusters are really looking to grow their ranks.

Oh, and my followup theory: It's cuz we rock.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

Drugstore Trailrider

It's a pretty amusing topic actually...

I have been following the General Discussion, Passion, and (as an owner of a few Ellsworths) the Ellsworth Forum recently. There are some pretty contentious threads running out there (especially regarding Ellsworth), and periodically someone will attempt to kill a discussion with a slam about how everybody ought to be out riding rather than posting idiotic insults.

This seems to spark a lively new argument with a life of its own about who is spending how much time riding, and whos business it is anyway, and blah, blah, blah, and the mud really flies. I would like to admit just how funny it all is, but then I would have to embarrass myself by admitting how many times a day I log into this website.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I have the undisputed luxury of being able to ride everyday if I want to, and I have a hard time making myself take a break because it is just so damn much fun to ride.

My teammate and training partner for the MBAA racing season is the top Expert Woman in the 30-39 age group, exactly 20 years younger than myself. Friday morning she told me she wasn't riding Saturday, so I took the day off. This afternoon she let slip about her ride Saturday, and when I pointed out that she had lied to me, she said that she did it for my own good, because she felt I needed a day off to rest.

So I guess I'm not a poser (is that like a "drugstore trailrider"?), but there isn't much I can do about it if I am. I ride a bunch and I check this forum a bunch because I find almost all of you to be interesting, and often amusing folks, and I really enjoy riding with new people, which is what I hope this will all lead to at some point.

John W.
    Body Armor--Don't Leave Home Without It!

Steep Hill

... and if we just ... I'm not a real MTB rider, I just play one on TV

Papajohn hit the proverbial nail on the head as he pointed out how the AZ forum turned into a ghosttown Fri - Sun, a sign of the great riding that was awaiting outside out doors this weekend. I had a great ride today and would have ridden yesterday had my nephews not been visiting me. Could I ride more? Sure, but I got a life outside to live. Johnny says, "I walk the line" and I do my best. Later!

S

Skinny legged XC geek

[QUOTE=papajohn] "drugstore trailrider"

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn
    "drugstore trailrider"
    John W.
    Wouldn't that make a good handle! Hah! LOL.

Steep Hill

And here's a new avatar if you will need one...

Quote Originally Posted by pedalAZ
    Wouldn't that make a good handle! Hah! LOL.
    I'm not a real Drugstore Pharmacist, I just play one on the trail...
    Attached Images Attached Images

banned
    Feb 2004

AZ Rocks for serious riding ... Especially Tucson!

Anyone living in the Tucson basin, living right spack dab in the middle of five incredible mountain ranges and having 2250' to 9753' to play on, in temps that hit 120 with 3-6 percent humidity to harden you up like a block of 440 carbon SS has the absolute EPITOMY of eviromental essentials to train in and on.

I have spent many months (19) in this awesome enviorment, riding EVERY DAY, hitting three 2-3hrs serious rides M-F with atleast one 6-8hr weekend epic ... in the heat of the summer at 115-120 degrees and ... LOVING every single second of it!

Tucson, especially, is the Supreme Envirovent for TOTAL CONDITIONING ... IF, you are willing to answer the CALL TO DANCE WITH THE ROCKS, EVEVATIONS, CACTI, HEAT and mind boggling heart rates ... the True Personal Testing Ground Of Strength / Endurance and Skills.

For all of you who live in Tucson, you are the Fotunate, the ones who have it ALL, right at your feet ... the Haven of Cycling 24/7/365.

It made me hard as steel, ripped to shreds ... Liquid Metal and gave me a sustainable heart rate that I have never been able to match since leaving that supreme enviroment.
    We used to hit the unimaginable and climb for hours with heart rates hitting 200bms to stay in the saddle and keep pulling the elevations and technicals ... NIRVANA!!!

Not ONE day slipped by without "going to church" and praising that awesome creation of ROCK, GRAVITY, SPEED, AIR ... the Sky Ilands.

If you live there, you have the ZEN of Terrain ... Terra Firma Supreme; a Place to PLAY TO NO END ... in the REAL of the REAL!

I cannot imagine how anyone who truely LOVES cyling, especially hard core ROCK RIDING, could not put in 10-20 hrs a week there ... at V-O2 MAX ... and then some!

Not a day goes by that I do not think of the 'Ol Pueblo and the "magic" it holds for me and two wheels ... I look for it everywhere, everytime I ride ... STILL-

Hey (and LOVE) to everyone in AZ that has spent time with me out on the rocks!
    You guys are the BEST ... especially "Tim E. Now" Hogan (you are God!!!) and "Big Daddy Thigh Burn" Randy LaJune and Team Rhino Racing pals ... you guys are Hotter than the Desert will ever be!!!

Hey "Big Daddy" ... bout time for another Death Race in the Mojave, isn't it?
    Guess the USMC will have to send the "girls" in to compete against Us instead of thier "elite" RECON Team, eh?! (I am really laughing right now and I know you are too!)

An AZ ROCK Homey ... lookin' for "home" ... again-
    Breathe Deep ... Ride Far ... Live Well ...!

mr. wonderful

what I HATE about Arizona. . .

having to ride awful trails like National and Holbert in the dead of winter; rocks and hills and dirt and friends and the kind sure makes our existence here barely manageable. oh well, some of us have to suffer.

Occidental Tourist

What?

Me Ride? I never touch the stuff.....
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by crash test dummy
    Me Ride? I never touch the stuff.....
    You bunch of posers.

What? There you are...posing. For the camera. ;-)

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

I lean like a cholo!

Yes! Yes I Am!

I am a Poser and damn proud of it! All my clothes and bike accessories match perfectly. My bike is never dirty and always has the latest and greatest components. I have a plethora of pictures of myself near trailheads but not actually on the trail. I am the POSE MASTER!!!!
    ...and I used my strength to rip my blouse...

Steep Hill

Confused on what to wear....

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Con-fecal
    I am the POSE MASTER!!!!
    Dang Evil! After all that buildup you submitted no picture? We need to know what color of lycra is hot at all the trailheads this spring! Please do tell us your pose master secrets Evil!

mtbr member
    Speaking up for Colorado riders...yep, you're posers.

I love how biased we are towards riding in our own "back yards"!!

Riding in Colorado Springs is nearly year round...300 days of sunshine and 6,000ft to 14,000ft of elevation - a great and supportive community, abundant and awesome trails! Our temps certainly don't get near nuclear melt down here though...
    GoatRidesBikes.com
    Goat Rides Bikes @ YouTube
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me

MTBR Tool
    Myself - I am a poseur. You posers can speak for yourselves

banned
    Feb 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm What's with the Jeeezus Freak ... "stuff" ... Poser!

Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO
    Speaking up for Colorado riders...yep, you're posers.

I love how biased we are towards riding in our own "back yards"!!

Riding in Colorado Springs is nearly year round...300 days of sunshine and 6,000ft to 14,000ft of elevation - a great and supportive community, abundant and awesome trails! Our temps certainly don't get near nuclear melt down here though...
    Hey poser, what's up with the Jeeezus Freak crap ... do you really mean it, or, are you awake here and making light of the POSER horse-sh!t this fradulent religous BELIEF SYSTEM actually is.
    I hope it's the latter cuz you bring that "nonsense" with you to Tucson and we will have a good ol' time with you ... we have some "special" trails just for "believers".
    Try KNOWING ... instead ... works MUCH better-

mtbr member
    Nothing brings the angst out in some people like claiming to be a follower of Jesus Christ.

Yes I really mean it.

Religion sucks...the very word "christianity" sucks. Did you know that Jesus never called himself a Christian? The word "Christian" was a slanderous label placed on the early followers and believers in Jesus Christ...the early "church".

In more modern times, the word "Christian" has been *******ized and ruined by so many bozos, back stabbers, liers, thiefs, pigs and certainly HYPOCRITES! I do my best to avoid like the plague these ill begotten fools that have tarnished the image of what it means to ME to be a "christian".

Religion is what got Jesus killed...religious zealots that were wrapped up in their own pompous laws and ways that didn't want to hear and believe what Jesus taught. Things like equality, love and compasion for ALL human beings at ALL times regardless of their behavior, culture, color or ways of life.

I believe in Jesus - I will NOT try to force you to believe it, I will not try to make you think you're wrong and I'm right. I'll certainly share my beliefs with you in conversation if that interests you.

So - I am a Follower of Jesus Christ. I'm a human being just like you that happens to have a different world view - I don't think any less of you for thinking differently than I do. I put on my biking shorts one leg at a time just like you do.

Poser/poseur - I was KIDDING, lighten up a little.

And I'm certainly not going to slander YOUR belief system and/or the things you stand for without knowing squat about you.

I'd love to come down there and ride - I've heard some fantastic things about the trails and the terrain...and I've seen a few vids too (thanks Pete F.). Unfortunately it probably won't be in the cards for quite some time due to other planned trips.
    GoatRidesBikes.com

Steep Hill

Political-Socio-Economic-Religion

[QUOTE=bikeCOLORADO]Nothing brings the angst out in some people like claiming to be a follower of Jesus Christ.QUOTE]

Good Vibrations,

When you reply to bikeCOLORADO, could you post a new thread in the "Political-Socio-Economic-Religion" section?

Add a link to this thread or whatever, but please don't use the other forums. I suspect most MTBRers respect your beliefs whatever they may be. I welcome our friends from CO anytime (as I will be in Durango this June!). Then Tuscon is a mecca in it's own right. Think positive, there is room for us all on the trail.

AZClydesdale

I lean like a cholo!

Behold the Avatar!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZClydesdale
    Dang Evil! After all that buildup you submitted no picture? We need to know what color of lycra is hot at all the trailheads this spring! Please do tell us your pose master secrets Evil!
    That is the latest and greatest lycra fashoin. Actually I own very little lycra, but due to the anonimous nature of the internet I can be...
    THE POSE MASTER!!!!! At least in cyberspace.

mtbr member
    A flaming slam deserves a solid defense regardless of where the thread is - I appreciate your desire to keep the thread on track though! I return this thread from whence it was temporarily hijacked...
    GoatRidesBikes.com

Steep Hill

... and if we just ... Capes and Ascots

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Con-fecal
    Behold, the avatar
    Very nice accessorizing Evil. Do you normally add a contrasting ascot while posing at busy trailheads? Does your cape have a function other than adding a 'Elvis, the Vegas Years' theme to your trailhead persona? Are you able to maintain access to your hydration system and/or tools hidden under the cape? Do your motorcycle boots come with eggbeaters or standard Shimano clips?

Whoops, we're posers...it doesn't matter! :-)

I lean like a cholo!

Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by AZClydesdale
    Very nice accessorizing Evil. Do you normally add a contrasting ascot while posing at busy trailheads? Does your cape have a function other than adding a 'Elvis, the Vegas Years' theme to your trailhead persona? Are you able to maintain access to your hydration system and/or tools hidden under the cape? Do your motorcycle boots come with eggbeaters or standard Shimano clips?

Whoops, we're posers...it doesn't matter! :-)
    Note; Nothing that is extremely functional is very fashonable!

banned
    Feb 2004

Idea! Sorry Zonies ... was trying to clear the air here; just in case-

[QUOTE=AZClydesdale]
    Nothing brings the angst out in some people like claiming to be a follower of Jesus Christ.QUOTE]

Good Vibrations,

When you reply to bikeCOLORADO, could you post a new thread in the "Political-Socio-Economic-Religion" section?

Add a link to this thread or whatever, but please don't use the other forums. I suspect most MTBRers respect your beliefs whatever they may be. I welcome our friends from CO anytime (as I will be in Durango this June!). Then Tuscon is a mecca in it's own right. Think positive, there is room for us all on the trail.

AZClydesdale
    My appologies to everyone, if appropriate-
    I was only trying to clear the "air", in case this individual was headed in the "direction" that simply doesn't "belong" here.
    It is my observations that most of us who spend time in Nature, connecting with physicality, as we do In The Church Of Rocks, seem to have a "clarity" of what IS ... a intimate sense of the ALL That Is; unified awareness.
    I don't do well with the "unreal" juxtaposed as the "real" ... I expect to See; to Know ... not merely to "believe".
    I have found that beyond "hope" there is "belief" and, beyond "belief", awaits Knowing; Nous.
    This is what appears we are all essentially seeking to actualize ... knowledge of the SELF;
    Being.
    Please forgive Me if what I have presented here is not appreciated as this Mind cannot accept and pretend ... Life is way too precious to waste; "i" want to KNOW IT.
    peace-

mtbr member
    I appreciate your definition of "know" or "knowing", perhaps I chose the wrong word - maybe it's a "religious cultural" thing (I struggle to avoid that and obviously fail at times) to use the word "believe". If you look up the definition of the words know and believe - they're pretty darned close...I guess you could say for me that to "believe" is to KNOW in the sense you described to know. I know that my faith is real and valid and the I know Jesus Christ.

I appreciate the intelectual engagement - thank you.

So...back to posing in Arizona...
    GoatRidesBikes.com

banned
    Feb 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm Church Of The ROCKS ... is OPEN ... Let's RIDE; Let's DANCE !!!

I appreciate your definition of "know" or "knowing", perhaps I chose the wrong word - maybe it's a "religious cultural" thing (I struggle to avoid that and obviously fail at times) to use the word "believe". If you look up the definition of the words know and believe - they're pretty darned close...I guess you could say for me that to "believe" is to KNOW in the sense you described to know. I know that my faith is real and valid and the I know Jesus Christ.

I appreciate the intelectual engagement - thank you.

So...back to posing in Arizona...
    How bout that 23,000 miles quest I offered you, solo, remember?
    Well ... where is your "faith", now ... when it comes down to the Real of the REAL ???
    If this personal challenge of "confirmation" is more than you can bear ... just try the "Death Race", instead.
    It's a "worthy" test ... too.
    Look it up on the net and be sure to check the stats of TEAM ONE for 2000 ... yep, that's Me there; fill-in team mate to retain the Title from 1999 with TEAM ONE, AZ Trail Blazers.

Best in the world shows up for this brutal event in the Mojave Desert, military, para-military and world-class caliber athletes, which for some, was their last event in physicality.
    Test such as these require Knowing, not "belief" ... not ego; no margin for ignorances ... unless you are an "active member" of the Hemlock Society, of course-

Well capt. "marvel" ... which is going to be, solo trip around the world or, the Death Race?

Waiting to here from Jeezus ... on this???
    Look in the mirror ... the "answer" you are expecting is There; in case you haven't recognised this .................................................. .................................................. yet.

AZ Rocks and Rolls-
    "Dances With LIFE"

Drugstore Trailrider

New question here. DOUG, Did you know it was going to come to this?...

Hey fellow Zonies...

Thx...Doug
    It is just a guess, but I'll bet that three days ago you never imagined your thread would come to this point...

mtbr member
    No doubt...someone else stealthily slipped a hand grenade in between the lines of my first resonse...I only meant to ad a little humorous jab from the great riding state of Colorado. I didn't mean to kick off WWIII.
    GoatRidesBikes.com

Drugstore Trailrider

WWIII? No, this is NOTHING compared to the Ellsworth threads...

No doubt...someone else stealthily slipped a hand grenade in between the lines of my first resonse...I only meant to ad a little humorous jab from the great riding state of Colorado. I didn't mean to kick off WWIII.
    If you haven't been following them, I don't necessarily suggest you go there, but if you have hours of time on your hands, follow the Ellsworth Warranty, and related threads the past two weeks. A guy who posts as "Damion" started one of them, with what I believe was decent intentions, but if there was ever a point to it all it has been lost (at least on me) in all the personal attacks and profane insults among some of the participants who seem to have unending stamina and energy.

It is the kind of thing that I had been pleased to see was not happening (not yet at least) on the Arizona Forum.

John W.

Fragile - must be Italian

Thread explosion

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn
    It is just a guess, but I'll bet that three days ago you never imagined your thread would come to this point...
    No kidding - I had no idea it would come to this. I thought my original post would result in a few replies, but nothing further.

Oh well. I guess this proves the all the sunshine and heat in AZ makes us (a) crazy enough to reply to these threads even though we really don't care, (b) cranky enough to make sure our voice is heard, (c) overly friendly and talkative, or (d) just a bunch of bumbling fools.

Personally, I think I have a combination of all of the above

Thx...Doug

Steep Hill

Ka-BOOM!

No kidding - I had no idea it would come to this. I thought my original post would result in a few replies, but nothing further.
    Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for starting it Doug. I will be posing out at the Hawes Pass trailhead off of Power this Saturday at 8am if anyone is interested. 'Srexy' may come pose too.