Snow on the Peaks over the Weekend- Mtbr.com
    My other ride is your mom

Snow on the Peaks over the Weekend

Not sure what to say about this...summer never lasts as long as I want, but neither does winter. So what do you prefer: winter desert riding or summer pine riding?

pedaller
    So what do you prefer: winter desert riding or summer pine riding?
    YES!

Seriously, as much as I love riding in the pines in Flag in the summer, you can't beat the technical riding the valley has to offer in the winter...and the best part is knowing that while everyone else is battling the winter elements, we're getting sunburnt!

The best part about living in AZ is that we get to do BOTH!
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

wretch
    How about winter pine riding snow and dirt. I'm itching to move back to Tahoe in a month. I can snowboard all morning and drive just about an hour for some killer bike trails.

But here. . . Just rode Flag for the first time last weekend, loved it. I only wish I could have made up there more this summer.

Kathleen in AZ
    Actually, I prefer summer desert riding.

I also like winter desert riding, fall desert riding, and spring desert riding.

Summer riding in the pines is super fine too.

Riding in the snow or below 55ish degrees? Not for me

I love bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Actually, I prefer summer desert riding.
    Seriously? I can't ride in anything over 100 degrees or I feel like my head will explode . Not to mention waking up at 4:30 to get to trails by the crack of dawn . Just doesn't do it for me.

I guess I like summer in the high country and winter in the valley about the same. Wish I could've got up north more this summer as my one trip to Flag was a hoot.

Pivotal figure
    The heat is good for you; it keeps all the fairweather athletes away so you don't stress out riding on a trail during rush hour traffic. My head hasn't exploded either (yet...). Of course I also like to get in a couple of snow rides each winter so maybe I'm not the best example to cite
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

My other ride is your mom
    I have to say...I learned to manage the heat this summer....then I rode today and the high of 92 felt downright pleasant, especially with the nice breeze. It's been a while since I've been out on my bike for more than 4 hours in the middle of the day down in the desert. Still....there's something about the smell of the ponderosa...

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash
    I'm itching to move back to Tahoe in a month. I can snowboard all morning and drive just about an hour for some killer bike trails.
    16 to 24 expected saturday night

slow uphill
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash
    How about winter pine riding snow and dirt. I'm itching to move back to Tahoe in a month. I can snowboard all morning and drive just about an hour for some killer bike trails.
    Enjoy - I moved from that area a few years back - Phoenix and Flagstaff have nice stuff to offer but nothing like up there. Moving back has crossed my mind.

Members who have read this thread: 0