Snow!?!...- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Snow!?!...

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    39

    Snow!?!...

    ...and I don't mean a white reggae rapper from Canada.(anybody else see 'I love 1992' last night?)

    The clouds have been hiding the mountain most of the day, but as they swooped down into town to dump some rain down here, they revealed the top of the mountain covered in snow!!!

    Anyways, it's really coming down in downtown Flag right now. Anybody else getting wet?

    T.A.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Quote Originally Posted by tool man
    Anyways, it's really coming down in downtown Flag right now. Anybody else getting wet?
    Yep, I got soaked this a.m., but it has nothing to do with rain. I phucking hate this time of year (sorry Paul). Dry heat my ass.

  3. #3
    Jm.
    Jm. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jm.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,131
    thank you for "informing" us on that.

    yes, we are getting wet here in prescott again...
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

  4. #4
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,178
    Quote Originally Posted by tool man
    ...and I don't mean a white reggae rapper from Canada.(anybody else see 'I love 1992' last night?)

    The clouds have been hiding the mountain most of the day, but as they swooped down into town to dump some rain down here, they revealed the top of the mountain covered in snow!!!

    Anyways, it's really coming down in downtown Flag right now. Anybody else getting wet?

    T.A.
    We were thinking of going to Flag this weekend for biking/camping/hiking to escape the Phoenix heat... will we be sorry? Forecast is calling for sun up there on Saturday, but it looks like ya'll got lots of rain this week. Are the trails too wet? Was there really snow on the peaks?

    thx for any advice, Kathleen

  5. #5
    Jm.
    Jm. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jm.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,131
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    We were thinking of going to Flag this weekend for biking/camping/hiking to escape the Phoenix heat... will we be sorry? Forecast is calling for sun up there on Saturday, but it looks like ya'll got lots of rain this week. Are the trails too wet? Was there really snow on the peaks?

    thx for any advice, Kathleen
    I'm thinking about riding flag on sunday, I have to drop some books off at NAU.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

  6. #6
    wheeeee!!!
    Reputation: butocabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    360

    groaaannn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jm.
    thank you for "informing" us on that.

    yes, we are getting wet here in prescott again...
    I don't know which is worse, that you made that awful joke, or that I got it.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,846
    Hail on the peaks is more likely. It was marble-sized coming down yesterday as I cowered under a Kaibab limestone outcropping near the top of Little Bear. Trails are in great shape and won't be muddy. The benefits of volcanic dacite. There is supposed to be a bit of a drying trend on tap for the weekend but still a chance of monsoon thunderstorms. So far it looks like we're in the doughnut hole today. Storms everywhere but here.

  8. #8
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,178
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman
    Hail on the peaks is more likely. It was marble-sized coming down yesterday as I cowered under a Kaibab limestone outcropping near the top of Little Bear. Trails are in great shape and won't be muddy. The benefits of volcanic dacite. There is supposed to be a bit of a drying trend on tap for the weekend but still a chance of monsoon thunderstorms. So far it looks like we're in the doughnut hole today. Storms everywhere but here.
    Hey Rockman... you sound like a geologist! Glad to see someone else out there appreciating the rocks. The trails around Phoenix are all so different because of the unique geologic origin of each mtn island around the valley.

    I'm hoping the weather holds in Flag for some weekend fun. Will pack the rain/hail gear!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,846
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Hey Rockman... you sound like a geologist! Glad to see someone else out there appreciating the rocks. The trails around Phoenix are all so different because of the unique geologic origin of each mtn island around the valley.

    I'm hoping the weather holds in Flag for some weekend fun. Will pack the rain/hail gear!
    I am that. And your oh so right about rock type and tread. Trail 4 north of Cave Creek comrs to mind. Dream ride turns to nightmare real quick when you turn the corner out of the canyon and run into the basalt boulder field.

    Hope you got up here. Trails are in great shape.

  10. #10
    Ouch, I am hot!
    Reputation: Dirdir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,764

    Not In Public

    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Hey Rockman... you sound like a geologist! Glad to see someone else out there appreciating the rocks. The trails around Phoenix are all so different because of the unique geologic origin of each mtn island around the valley.

    I'm hoping the weather holds in Flag for some weekend fun. Will pack the rain/hail gear!
    Isn't there a geologist website or something you guys can take this to? Skinny-Tire's joke was one thing, if not disgusting, but geology talk, my god man get a room.
    I AM JUST A JERK

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rollin'in'Zona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    Isn't there a geologist website or something you guys can take this to? Skinny-Tire's joke was one thing, if not disgusting, but geology talk, my god man get a room.
    What's really amazing is that there's sedementry rock wayyy up there on that dacite batholith. The eaolean butress on the east side of the massif is wonderful!



    oh yeah, I remember being snowed on on the North Rim in July once!
    Last year we had sonw on the North Rim the last weekend in August.

Similar Threads

  1. semi-high-country snow and trail report
    By jasonb in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2004, 02:33 PM
  2. Let it snow, let it snow........
    By ibmkidIII in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 09:14 AM
  3. Some N Ga snow pics, altho abit OT
    By Duckman in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 08:20 AM
  4. snow
    By NRTH SHORE in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 07:53 PM
  5. OT: Q for the snow skiers
    By Pirate Girl in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 02:49 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.