Snow!?!...- Mtbr.com

Thread: Snow!?!...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Snow!?!...

...and I don't mean a white reggae rapper from Canada.(anybody else see 'I love 1992' last night?)

The clouds have been hiding the mountain most of the day, but as they swooped down into town to dump some rain down here, they revealed the top of the mountain covered in snow!!!

Anyways, it's really coming down in downtown Flag right now. Anybody else getting wet?

T.A.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tool man
    Anyways, it's really coming down in downtown Flag right now. Anybody else getting wet?
    Yep, I got soaked this a.m., but it has nothing to do with rain. I phucking hate this time of year (sorry Paul). Dry heat my ass.

Jm.
    mtbr member
    thank you for "informing" us on that.

yes, we are getting wet here in prescott again...
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by tool man
    ...and I don't mean a white reggae rapper from Canada.(anybody else see 'I love 1992' last night?)

The clouds have been hiding the mountain most of the day, but as they swooped down into town to dump some rain down here, they revealed the top of the mountain covered in snow!!!

T.A.
    We were thinking of going to Flag this weekend for biking/camping/hiking to escape the Phoenix heat... will we be sorry? Forecast is calling for sun up there on Saturday, but it looks like ya'll got lots of rain this week. Are the trails too wet? Was there really snow on the peaks?

thx for any advice, Kathleen

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    We were thinking of going to Flag this weekend for biking/camping/hiking to escape the Phoenix heat... will we be sorry? Forecast is calling for sun up there on Saturday, but it looks like ya'll got lots of rain this week. Are the trails too wet? Was there really snow on the peaks?

thx for any advice, Kathleen
    I'm thinking about riding flag on sunday, I have to drop some books off at NAU.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

wheeeee!!!

groaaannn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jm.
    thank you for "informing" us on that.

yes, we are getting wet here in prescott again...
    I don't know which is worse, that you made that awful joke, or that I got it.

mtbr member
    Hail on the peaks is more likely. It was marble-sized coming down yesterday as I cowered under a Kaibab limestone outcropping near the top of Little Bear. Trails are in great shape and won't be muddy. The benefits of volcanic dacite. There is supposed to be a bit of a drying trend on tap for the weekend but still a chance of monsoon thunderstorms. So far it looks like we're in the doughnut hole today. Storms everywhere but here.

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman
    Hail on the peaks is more likely. It was marble-sized coming down yesterday as I cowered under a Kaibab limestone outcropping near the top of Little Bear. Trails are in great shape and won't be muddy. The benefits of volcanic dacite. There is supposed to be a bit of a drying trend on tap for the weekend but still a chance of monsoon thunderstorms. So far it looks like we're in the doughnut hole today. Storms everywhere but here.
    Hey Rockman... you sound like a geologist! Glad to see someone else out there appreciating the rocks. The trails around Phoenix are all so different because of the unique geologic origin of each mtn island around the valley.

I'm hoping the weather holds in Flag for some weekend fun. Will pack the rain/hail gear!

mtbr member
    Hey Rockman... you sound like a geologist! Glad to see someone else out there appreciating the rocks. The trails around Phoenix are all so different because of the unique geologic origin of each mtn island around the valley.

I'm hoping the weather holds in Flag for some weekend fun. Will pack the rain/hail gear!
    I am that. And your oh so right about rock type and tread. Trail 4 north of Cave Creek comrs to mind. Dream ride turns to nightmare real quick when you turn the corner out of the canyon and run into the basalt boulder field.

Hope you got up here. Trails are in great shape.

Ouch, I am hot!

Not In Public

Isn't there a geologist website or something you guys can take this to? Skinny-Tire's joke was one thing, if not disgusting, but geology talk, my god man get a room.
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    Isn't there a geologist website or something you guys can take this to? Skinny-Tire's joke was one thing, if not disgusting, but geology talk, my god man get a room.
    What's really amazing is that there's sedementry rock wayyy up there on that dacite batholith. The eaolean butress on the east side of the massif is wonderful!

oh yeah, I remember being snowed on on the North Rim in July once!
    Last year we had sonw on the North Rim the last weekend in August.