Smooth Rolling Riding in AZ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Smooth Rolling Riding in AZ?

Hello all,

Can anyone recommend some smooth, rolling trails around valley? Want something to take the wifes and kids. Nothing rocky and somethign that is fairly easy... just good rolling smooth trails. Canals are boring so looking for something a little more.

Thanks!

oooh, shiny...
    There is the "Family Fun Trail" off of Desert Classic. I know a few people who take their kids out there for a smooth, fun ride. I think you can get to it from 40th place and Western Star Blvd, not 100% on that one though.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    The sport loop at MMP is pretty smooth, but still fun up and down stuff. Provided the wife and kids had some riding experience, I wouldn't hesitate to take 'em there.

pedaller
    Usery Park in East Mesa (though there is still plenty of cacti) or the flats off of Desert Classic at Somo.

FYI: I always see rattlers out at Usery though. I don't know why that is.
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

ride more, blog less
    san tan state park.. very easy, family friendly
    i like these odds....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry-daddy
    There is the "Family Fun Trail" off of Desert Classic. I know a few people who take their kids out there for a smooth, fun ride. I think you can get to it from 40th place and Western Star Blvd, not 100% on that one though.
    Put in these coordinates to Google maps: 33.350579,-111.997056.

It's the starting location for this trail, which is E San Gabrial and 40th Pl. You can't park at the trailhead anymore, but you can at Western Star Park which is only 1 mile away.

I take my wife and kid (on a trail-a-bike) from here to the Desert Classic Water tower. It's very smooth and rolling, with only one wash at the beginning and you have the short climb at the water tower if you like. It's a 'side trail" to the main Desert Classic.

Members who have read this thread: 0