Skinny's First Turn of the Pedals in 3 Months- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Skinny's First Turn of the Pedals in 3 Months

After two months of being almost completely sedentary (at least in terms of doing anything that resembles cardio), and 3 months since I've been on a bike, I was finally allowed to turn the pedals. Albeit, it was on a stationary bike....for about 12 mins...on level 4...and I was completely drenched afterwards. It's amazing how hard it is when you first get started back up. The lactic build up after just a couple mins was amazing. I was sincerely embarrassed; trying to play it cool when the PT asked how I was doing (trying hard to hide my heavy breathing). Ugh!!!!!!!!!! Being out of shape sucks!!!!!

My goal of riding the 24HiOP is a lofty one, considering that I don't even go back to the doc--who has no idea I ditched the crutches just 4 weeks after surgery (about 4 weeks earlier than he told me to)--until Feb. 20. And my goal of doing 10 laps? I'm going to tone that down a bit...by about 8 laps.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

wretch
    Hey congrats man, I looked forward to that damn recumbent bike every week for PT and I'd always be sweating buckets and breathing heavy after. . . whilst all the other patients usually OAP's were quietly and not so sweatily doing their exercises. I'd never ridden a spin bike before but that's something to look forward to as well.

Where are you doing your PT?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash
    Hey congrats man, I looked forward to that damn recumbent bike every week for PT and I'd always be sweating buckets and breathing heavy after. . . whilst all the other patients usually OAP's were quietly and not so sweatily doing their exercises. I'd never ridden a spin bike before but that's something to look forward to as well.

Where are you doing your PT?
    Hhmmmm, I'm not sure of the name, but it's a place near where I work. To be honest, so far the PT has been pretty standard: Push foot down, pull up, move side to side, pull back with band, massage heel.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Members who have read this thread: 0