SingleSpeedingSedona- Mtbr.com
    Not at the table,Carlos!

SingleSpeedingSedona

Last edited by jusflo; 09-01-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Kathleen in AZ
    Movie is a little long for my tastes, but I'm liking the photo on your profile page HA!!!!

mtbr member
    Very Nice!

I need to get back up there and ride that trail again. not sure if i would SS it, but maybe I'll just have to give it a go.
    b

Trail Monger
    Kool vid. Where abouts? It looks pretty sketchy in the begining. The end looked easier and a pretty beaten path. How was the temps?

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by brilog
    Kool vid. Where abouts? It looks pretty sketchy in the begining. The end looked easier and a pretty beaten path. How was the temps?
    Looked like Cow Pies to Damifino to Huckabee, probably started by going up Munds Wagon judging by their ending point...

Shred...it's the new drug
    Nice! really makes me want to get up there and start checking trails off the list. Now that sunrise is closed I'll have a good excuse to actually get out and pedal! I like the quality of the vid...what camera was used? Shhhh...don't tell my DH friends, I'm thinking about converting my HT to a SS. Keep it on the D.L.

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    Nice! really makes me want to get up there and start checking trails off the list. Now that sunrise is closed I'll have a good excuse to actually get out and pedal! I like the quality of the vid...what camera was used? Shhhh...don't tell my DH friends, I'm thinking about converting my HT to a SS. Keep it on the D.L.
    Have you done Hangover yet Bob? Let's talk...

mtbr member

sedona vid

Kool vid. what trail(s) were in the vid.

mtbr member
    Very cool video, and some nice riding...enjoyed much!!! Thanks for posting...

zul
    Will Guide for Beer
    Props to anyone riding those sections on a SS. Good work. Rode it on my geared hard tail last week and it just wasn't as satisfying with the light bike. Doable? Yes. Wishing for rear suspension? Oh Yes.
    If lovin you is wrong, I don't wanna be right

Master Gardener
    Looks like footage from the Mars Rover. Nice vid.

Music is?

banned
    Flo:

Nice job on the video. But to be honest I was somewhat disappointed that most of the real technical sections on Cowpies, Damifino and Damifidont were left out. I assume that was because they were somewhat unrideable for you on a singlespeed and using good judgement was in your best interest.That last 200 yard section down to the Casner trail would have been cool to see on video. You also left out the world class climb up to the Saddle that should have been a piece of cake on a singlespeed.

I rode pretty much the same route last Sunday and I think if you rode it again it would be a little less terrifying.

TD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by traildoc; 09-02-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Not at the table,Carlos!
    Sorry to let you down Doc. We were glad it came out as well as it did. We had NO IDEA where we were going. Just winging it.

Not at the table,Carlos!
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Looked like Cow Pies to Damifino to Huckabee, probably started by going up Munds Wagon judging by their ending point...
    Good call, Dirtgirl.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jusflo
    Sorry to let you down Doc. We were glad it came out as well as it did. We had NO IDEA where we were going. Just winging it.
    flo:

Damfino is a little shetchy when you come out on the first slickrock shelf after leaving the Saddle. When you get down to the area where you rode the ridgeline overlooking Grasshopper Point you could have stayed on the slick rock (that you just rode down) and taken a 90 degree turn right (this is the Damifino, Damifido,Damifidont intersection) to do Damifido to Lavitra to the bottom of Killer Bee to Brew Pub to the lower section of Damifido which you rode down to the creek.

Those sections you missed would have extended your ride about 45 minutes and given you some pretty cool single speed trail with very little exposure.

Not at the table,Carlos!
    I'm thinking about converting my HT to a SS. Keep it on the D.L.
    I'm running a fox 36 on mine. I ride it everywhere. I'm even thinking about taking it to Bootleg.

Just be careful SSing is adictive.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Looked awesome! How long did it take to do that run? I live in Sedona, but haven't done that yet. Much respect on the ss and for putting the vid together.

I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
    I heard that Bob! Soon u will be wearing Lycra, and brightly colored skin tight shirts!
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

Trail Monger
    +1 ditto. I gotta try that. Traildoc, how 29er friendly is Sedona?

banned
    +1 ditto. I gotta try that. Traildoc, how 29er friendly is Sedona?
    I would say a 29er would work well here in the rocky sections, but I don't know about on the exposured sections due to having a possile higher center of gravity. Is the bottom bracket higher on a 29er than a 26"?

I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle

Looks like a Camcorder strapped to his head! Sweet video..Lokks like u found a great route with some good Downhill! Love the wreck...close cactus call!
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

Trail Monger
    Yes, the BB is higher than that of a 26" wheeled bike. I'm wondering if others are doing Sedona with 29ers. DHers don't seem to have much use for 29ers.

banned
    Yes, the BB is higher than that of a 26" wheeled bike. I'm wondering if others are doing Sedona with 29ers. DHers don't seem to have much use for 29ers.
    In the group I ride with I would say we are all riding 26" bikes. You might call Bike & Bean and ask for Chewy. He would know if anyone in that group uses a 29er. I am sure on non-exposed trail sections it would work fine.

I think a trail like Hangover would be a little more difficult if you were riding a medium frame trying to get under the rock outcroppings.

It would be interesting to have you ride the four mile long Ledge'n'Airy trail to really get your feedback as to how that ride went. That would be the ultimate 29er bike test. If you enjoyed that trail on the 29er I would say you were set to ride any other trail in Sedona.
    If you want to try out that trail I would be happy to show it to you.

TD

Members who have read this thread: 0