Should I visit Sedona in Oct or Nov?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Should I visit Sedona in Oct or Nov?

I'm looking at either mid Oct (15th-22nd) or Thanksgiving week.
    What will give the best weather for riding and hiking? Will be bringing the family, which includes 70 year olds and a 7 year old. I think they can all handle some decent hiking. Also looking to do a day trip to Grand Canyon at the same time too, but I'm worried there might be a little complaining if it gets too cold.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfony78 View Post
    I'm looking at either mid Oct (15th-22nd) or Thanksgiving week.
    What will give the best weather for riding and hiking? Will be bringing the family, which includes 70 year olds and a 7 year old. I think they can all handle some decent hiking. Also looking to do a day trip to Grand Canyon at the same time too, but I'm worried there might be a little complaining if it gets too cold.

Thanks
    yes
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Oct 15th-22nd is all you then.

My other ride is your mom
    I think it might be too cold for some, too hot for others. I advise you flip a coin and roll with it.

mtbr member
    It's perfect. Neither Sedona nor GC will be too cold during the day.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Let me check my crystal ball.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Too cold in November. In my experience, the weather starts changing at the end of October. If you catch some glorious 70 degree October weather, you'll love it.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by happyriding View Post
    Too cold in November. In my experience, the weather starts changing at the end of October. If you catch some glorious 70 degree October weather, you'll love it.
    Yeah, it might be 60-70 degrees in November and the sun will make it feel even warmer (if there's no clouds). October is decent too.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    It all depends on where you are coming from from Phoenix and Nov is way too cold from a human to live. From Colorado then Nov is way to hot for any human to live

mtbr member
    Yeah but how do you tell who really lives in Sedona? I mean, if I wanted to I could buy some funky sandals, reek of patchouli and wear rainbow tie-dye. Oh wait, that is the tourists, right? And yeah, super hot from about October 15th to the 19th. Then it gets mega cold and snows like crazy from Oct. 20-22. It gets perfect right before and right after that time though according to any website that shows average temperatures of a given city when searched in google. Actually, the only reason we are being jerks is that our state is so much more awesome than yours we really only keep track of dates so we don't forget our significant others birthdays. We get up in the morning, watch the news and ride where ever it is not snowing or scorching at that moment.
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

Members who have read this thread: 0