A sense of well-being came over me...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Smile A sense of well-being came over me...

on my drive home from a ride earlier today i felt so good, much better 'buzz' than any drink or drug i have used. on todays ride i was able to climb 2 hills i usually have to walk(weak). sure, downhills are fun and scary all at once but cleaning a couple climbs is so self-satisfying. i plan on doing it again sometime soon.

hope y'all had as much fun this weekend.

Rita
    p.s. victory is sweet.

Jm.
    mtbr member
    it was a little wet in sedona, on a few climbs i usually clear no problem the wet rocks caused a few spin outs.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

Occidental Tourist

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by zer0
    on my drive home from a ride earlier today i felt so good, much better 'buzz' than any drink or drug i have used. on todays ride i was able to climb 2 hills i usually have to walk(weak). sure, downhills are fun and scary all at once but cleaning a couple climbs is so self-satisfying. i plan on doing it again sometime soon.

hope y'all had as much fun this weekend.

Rita
    p.s. victory is sweet.
    Had the same experience on Sunday - I cleaned all my climbs and didn't even stop for a breather on the two before dreamy draw going east. I just felt really good and stronger than I have in Months. I can't wait for Moab 10 days an counting!!!
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

Skinny legged XC geek

You're a climbing monster Crash Test!

Quote Originally Posted by crash test dummy
    Had the same experience on Sunday - I cleaned all my climbs and didn't even stop for a breather on the two before dreamy draw going east. I just felt really good and stronger than I have in Months. I can't wait for Moab 10 days an counting!!!
    Making that last climb before DD is so hard, especially the steps near the top. Way to go.

Next time, turn left at the bottom of the wash before you do the first of those 2 climbs, and try the steep route. I've seen 2 guys make it, but it's a beeyatch. Once over that steep section, the trail comes around the hill on its notheast side, meeting back up with T100 right before the tunnel.

Occidental Tourist

I've come down that way before

Quote Originally Posted by pedalAZ
    Making that last climb before DD is so hard, especially the steps near the top. Way to go.

Next time, turn left at the bottom of the wash before you do the first of those 2 climbs, and try the steep route. I've seen 2 guys make it, but it's a beeyatch. Once over that steep section, the trail comes around the hill on its notheast side, meeting back up with T100 right before the tunnel.
    ..but not up it. I'll have to try that next time. Got one of the new hooka hooka bells and broke it in on Sunday. It was pretty funny - got some pretty strange looks and even got a few people to start laughing...nothing gets your attention like the sound of a clown horn coming up behind you
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

Fragile - must be Italian

I've done that climb...

Quote Originally Posted by pedalAZ

...almost. Yes, it is a beeeeeyatch as you say. The very top of that hill has a nasty lip and I can NEVER clear it! The ground is pretty loose there and my tires spin out all the time.

And going the other direction is just as loose and I can never clear that lip either. Again, my damn tires loose traction and spin out.

On the Trail 100 itself, I can muster every climb with the exception of 1 - coming uphill from Cave Creek road (eastbound). There are 2 spots on that hill that are a mess, and I just can't clear those. But I did see one person who actually made it and I was very impressed.

Thx...Doug