Sedona for a week.... thanksgiving...- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cajonezzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    171

    Sedona for a week.... thanksgiving...

    Anyone wanna do some riding in Sedona? I'll be there with the Fam, wife and nipper. I'll be riding all the usual suspects, albeit slow.

    21st-28th.



    cz

  2. #2
    RHRF!
    Reputation: titusbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,279
    I'll be up there Wed thru Sunday and I'll be able to do at least a couple of rides. PM me for contact details.
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

  3. #3
    RHRF!
    Reputation: titusbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,279

    Sedona T-Day Ride - AKA: Blood on the Rocks

    Although I didn't get the chance to ride with cajonezzz, I did hook up with Matt. He came all the way from Iowa so Greg (mcshred) and I tried to show him a good time for his first ever Sedona trail experience... and I hope we didn't disappoint.

    Temps were fantastic, with an overall high of 70 degrees. We did a 4-hour ride of Baldwin, Buddha Beach, Cathedral Rock, Templeton, HT, Little Horse, Chicken Point, Llama, Equestrian, and Bell Rock. I managed a good ride until two 'mishaps' right at the Chicken Point point - 1. slammed my shoulder into a tree going up to the point and 2. fell over sideways on the CP exit. Other than that, it was a great way to spend Thanksgiving morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

  4. #4
    RHRF!
    Reputation: titusbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,279

    A few more pics...

    more pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

  5. #5
    I am Walt
    Reputation: waltaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,478
    What a coincidence...a Matt from Iowa joined us on Friday on the Black Canyon Trail...how 'bout that!
    Ride more; post less...

  6. #6
    RHRF!
    Reputation: titusbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,279
    He's been a 'Lurker' on the AZ Board for sometime and I think we've shown him the light...

    Saw your pics of BCT - Looks like a perfect desert winter ride! Keep me posted on the next excursion. Speaking of Pass Mountain - I think it's about time for another dose of humility...
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

  7. #7
    I am Walt
    Reputation: waltaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,478
    Quote Originally Posted by titusbro
    He's been a 'Lurker' on the AZ Board for sometime and I think we've shown him the light...

    Saw your pics of BCT - Looks like a perfect desert winter ride! Keep me posted on the next excursion. Speaking of Pass Mountain - I think it's about time for another dose of humility...
    Hey Pat...nice wounds! (as usual...)

    You would dig Black Canyon...we're gonna do another ride out there soon.

    Also have some requests for another Bypass - Triple or Double - and we definitely have to do Pass Mountain. I'm waiting for the RIP9 for that - should be here this week. We also need to do the Hawes/Pass Mtn. epic.

    Let's see what we can work in around X-Mas parties, etc...
    Ride more; post less...

  8. #8
    2 wheel junkie
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1
    nice pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by titusbro
    more pics...

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cajonezzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    171
    Hey Pat!

    sorry i had to bail you guys... but I really would have slowed you down. I just couldn't say no the day before, and pretty much shot what legs i had.
    I ended up going to the west side today ( day 5 of riding!) and did Deadmans Pass-- Wonderful ride, check it out next time your here!

    One things for sure, I own one bike ( singlespeed) right now, and if i rode it for a month around here it would be history-
    Time to save for a new trail bike, I saw three different guys riding Nomads on the trails out there... I think it's an omen.

    anyhow... nice to meet you, and nice crash!!!

    cz

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    50
    Hi I am not trying to hijack your thread but I am planning to head to Sedona in March time for a week of riding. I have never been to the area and wanted to know how I would fair on a SS? Are the climbs really long or short and steep?

    Thanks

  11. #11
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz
    Hey Pat...nice wounds! (as usual...)

    You would dig Black Canyon...we're gonna do another ride out there soon.

    Also have some requests for another Bypass - Triple or Double - and we definitely have to do Pass Mountain. I'm waiting for the RIP9 for that - should be here this week. We also need to do the Hawes/Pass Mtn. epic.

    Let's see what we can work in around X-Mas parties, etc...
    I really want to do the Hawes/Pass mtn ride soon, while I still have my FOTP endurance legs. If not over the next few weeks then definitely over the holiday break!!

  12. #12
    Over the Hill
    Reputation: dstepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by hopster
    Hi I am not trying to hijack your thread but I am planning to head to Sedona in March time for a week of riding. I have never been to the area and wanted to know how I would fair on a SS? Are the climbs really long or short and steep?

    Thanks
    I like my SS alot in Sedona, no big climbs, lots of quick up and downs that a SS excells at. My SS is full rigid, some Sedona trails are on the tech side and sometimes I do miss the suspension.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cajonezzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by dstepper
    I like my SS alot in Sedona, no big climbs, lots of quick up and downs that a SS excells at. My SS is full rigid, some Sedona trails are on the tech side and sometimes I do miss the suspension.

    couldn't have said it better.... i just got done with 5 days there on my SS. I was wishing for some real suspension by the end of the week ( scalpel softtail )

    You'll be fine... very SS friendly.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.