Sedona Weather - 11/15?- Mtbr.com
    Glutton for punishment

Sedona Weather - 11/15?

Anyone up in Sedona have a weather update? A couple of us were making a getaway to ride up there tomorrow - is it raining? Snowing? Should I bring hiking shoes?

Thanks

ScottN

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Weather is awesome here, off and on sprinkles yesterday, but should be good. Ive been wearing a short sleeve shirt, but bring a warmer layer cause it can get chilly. No snow tho, perfect time for riding. Go to wunderground.com for good up to date info.

Meatbomb
    Sunday
    Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly sunny. Highs 44 to 52. Light winds.

pedaller
    SoMo should be perfect Scott!
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    SoMo should be perfect Scott!
    Sedona weather was PERFECT today. Some of Phoenix's famous riders came up to enjoy the Secret Stash and I think they will be back for more.

TD

mtbr member
    yes, gorgeous day. And as they say, this thread is useless without pics.

Mrs. Rockman and Elrancho66 staying under the radar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sedona Weather - 11/15?-under-radar_1.jpg  

Sedona Weather - 11/15?-under-radar_2.jpg  

Glutton for punishment

It was an excellent day

My bro and I rode Hog today and Broken Arrow/Little Horse/Etc. Excellent bit of trail, outstanding weather. He's going in for shoulder surgery next week so this was a good send off before he's off the bike for a while.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman
    yes, gorgeous day. And as they say, this thread is useless without pics.

Mrs. Rockman and Elrancho66 staying under the radar.
    Rocky:

As usual you are keerect. That photo spot on UTR is exceptional. I tried to get a picture of my German buddies Jan (Juan) and Frank there last week. If you have ridden UTR previously you probably noticed a trail improvement on the climb, uphill of the anthill, near the beginning of the trail.

I think I spotted you guys on UUTR whooping at some old guy across the Carroll Canyon Wash on the Double D bypass trail. He had ridden H....E and was on his way to Sketch via New Rams Head.

Did you guys hit Cake Walk to Pyramid to Witch Doctor? If your wife enjoyed UTR and UUTR she would certainly love Pyramid to Witch Doctor.

Attached is a picture of Jan cleaning that impossible World Class uphill trail section about 150 yards below Chicken Pont on the Little Horse trail. I have NEVER seen anyone ever clean that section uphill. A high percentage of riders walk it in the downhill direction.

He also almost cleaned that last right hand switchback before reaching the top of the Damifino saddle. He made the right hand turn, but lost his mojo about 3' after the turn.

Let me know when you want to go exploring, you won't be disappointed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sedona Weather - 11/15?-jan.jpg  

Last edited by traildoc; 11-16-2009 at 08:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    Rocky:

As usual you are keerect. That photo spot on UTR is exceptional. I tried to get a picture of my German buddies Jan (Juan) and Frank there last week. If you have ridden UTR previously you probably noticed a trail improvement on the climb, uphill of the anthill, near the beginning of the trail.

I think I spotted you guys on UUTR whooping at some old guy across the Carroll Canyon Wash on the Double D bypass trail. He had ridden H....E and was on his way to Sketch via New Rams Head.

Did you guys hit Cake Walk to Pyramid to Witch Doctor? If your wife enjoyed UTR and UUTR she would certainly love Pyramid to Witch Doctor.

Attached is a picture of Jan cleaning that impossible World Class uphill trail section about 150 yards below Chicken Pont on the Little Horse trail. I have NEVER seen anyone ever clean that section uphill. A high percentage of riders walk it in the downhill direction.

He also almost cleaned that last right hand switchback before reaching the top of the Damifino saddle. He made the right hand turn, but lost his mojo about 3' after the turn.

Let me know when you want to go exploring, you won't be disappointed.
    Doc, was that you over there on Double D? I figured you headed up new Ram's Head. Thought about following but we had a date with secret slickrock and some pop tarts. I'm not sure what Cake Walk or Witch Doctor is but we didn't have time for Pyramid. Sketch was in nice shape. Next time I'm hoping to get back down tomorrow or wed. I'll shoot you a PM.

banned
    Doc, was that you over there on Double D? I figured you headed up new Ram's Head. Thought about following but we had a date with secret slickrock and some pop tarts. I'm not sure what Cake Walk or Witch Doctor is but we didn't have time for Pyramid. Sketch was in nice shape. Next time I'm hoping to get back down tomorrow or wed. I'll shoot you a PM.
    Rocky:

I look forward to it. I do remember you mentioning secret slickrock. I made that climb out of the wash on UTR for the first time in months last week and couldn't sleep all night, I was so proud of myself. Bikedoc gives me a bad time every time I don't make that climb.

Did you hear the FS is letting Mr. Fat Tire build a new trail to the east of Mystic? It is going to have natural jumps and drops and hopefully be the showpiece for new trails and trail building techniques in Sedona.

TD
    Last edited by traildoc; 11-16-2009 at 10:29 PM.

Kathleen in AZ

Did you hear the FS is letting Mr. Fat Tire build a new trail to the east of Mystic? It is going to have natural jumps and drops and hopefully be the showpiece for new trails and trail building techniques in Sedona.

TD
    Sounds very interesting!!

mtbr member
    Rocky:

I look forward to it. I do remember you mentioning secret slickrock. I made that climb out of the wash on UTR for the first time in months last week and couldn't sleep all night, I was so proud of myself. Bikedoc gives me a bad time every time I don't make that climb.

TD
    I didn't clean that move but here's a pic of Elrancho doing it on his 650B full squish ss.

I knew our friend from the north was up to something but didn't know where. That was part of the IMBA trail day on saturday?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sedona Weather - 11/15?-rancho.jpg  

Last edited by rockman; 11-17-2009 at 07:35 AM.

banned
    I didn't clean that move but here's a pic of Elrancho doing it on his 650B full squish ss.

I knew our friend from the north was up to something but didn't know where. That was part of the IMBA trail day on saturday?
    Rocky:

Once again great picture. That off-cant rock at the top of the climb is usually the show stopper for me. If I don't hit it with some momemtum my rear wheel normally kicks out when I apply too much torque to the rear wheel. There is a very small sweet spot on that rock and due to early sings of memory loss I forget where it is each time I ride it.

The work on the new trail was part of the IMBA visit to Sedona. It will be interesting in a go forward basis how many new trails will come out of the new relationship between Friends of the Forest, the FS, and the biking community.

The MTB tour owner that use to loose sleep over finding a well thought out new trail must really be conflicted now.

TD

Members who have read this thread: 0