Eleven - it's one louder

Sedona trail suggestions?

The wife and I are looking to rent a cabin and spend a couple days in Sedona soon and spend at least one day riding. I'm getting some good ideas from the trails reviews section of this site but thought I'd post here, too. She's new to MTB, feels at home on the Pemberton Trail but over her head a little on the Competitive Loops at this point (she did fine but found some of the descents to be scary), so looking for something scenic, challenging from a fitness standpoint, but not too gnarly.

Anyone stay at the Forest House Resort cabins? Looks kinda cool. I stayed at Don Hoel's Cabins a couple of times but am sad to see they are no more. Other suggestions? We're primarily there to bike & hike, so don't need fancy ammenities. Thanks!
    Today's solid oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground. -Anonymous

rock crusher
    Aug 2008
    If Pemberton is her speed, try the Bell Rock Pathway near the Village of Oak Creek. Park at the Bell Rock Trailhead (or one of the local businesses), ride up the trail, turn around and come back. It is probably the easiest (and most traveled) non-vehicular route in town. The riding is tame, the views are always good. Go early, avoid the inevitable crowds, and get some java at the Bike and Bean when done. (~1hr) Lots of pristine singletrack options nearby, all more difficult.

Another relatively easy, lower traffic trail would be Turkey Creek trail at the end of Verde Valley School Rd. Easy, not intimidating, and a couple of hard to get lost-on singletrack loops off of the main trail (~1-2 hrs).

Passed by the Forest Houses innumerable times, but never stayed. Hoel's is still there, but you may have to purchase the whole property to stay there ... it has been for sale for a year or so.

Enjoy!

Members who have read this thread: 0