Sedona Singletrack Beartooth Publishing- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Sedona Singletrack Beartooth Publishing

Planning a few day trip to Sedona at the end of October. Is it necessary for me to purchase this guide book?
    https://www.beartoothpublishing.com/...a-singletrack/

Have researched a bunch online, have an iPhone and the capability to load up my Wahoo with maps. Let me know your thoughts and thank you.

Low speed, High Drag
    I've always just used Trailforks, and advice from this site to ride there. Lot easier to look at your phone, and ask people which trails are best for your riding ability.
    I need a cool saying to put here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    It's a sweet map.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by grubetown View Post
    Planning a few day trip to Sedona at the end of October. Is it necessary for me to purchase this guide book?

Have researched a bunch online, have an iPhone and the capability to load up my Wahoo with maps. Let me know your thoughts and thank you.
    Have you checked out the Trailforks database online with a tablet or laptop. They have numerous recommend rides and there database has all the popular mountain bike trails. Unlike Beartooth they also have many popular mountain bike trails not mentioned on Beartooth.

There Smart Phone app is the cats meow for navigating Sedona trails. You can orientate anywhere on your ride. The Sedona trail system has many intersections that make navigating somewhat challenging.

Note that many loops can be ridden in either direction, but some have a better direction due to the flow factor and difficult climbing sections.

Today I took my friend of mine from the Bay Area on a ride that no one has ever done before. At the end of the ride he thanked me for showing him the goods. Let me know what kind of a ride you are looking for and maybe I can help.

There are lots of other MTBR members that could also help. Rockman is probably the most knowledgeable because I taught him everything he knows about our trail system.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sedona Singletrack Beartooth Publishing-c653c7bb-1566-4745-a2c6-2ad0c26407dc.jpg  

mtbr member
    Thanks - I have definitely been looking at Trailforks and MTB project!
    I have my loops pretty much picked out. I am mainly interested if the map is worth the investment. Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Trailforks is all you need on the trail, but I still like looking at traditional maps when I'm planning trips. I have no experience with this particular guidebook.
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Thanks - I have definitely been looking at Trailforks and MTB project!
    I have my loops pretty much picked out. I am mainly interested if the map is worth the investment. Thanks again.
    Certainly the Bearthtooth Map is a quality product and purchasing it supports the local bikeshops. Spend away.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    The Beartooth map is a solid product. Waterproof & tear resistant. I have a ton of paper maps because I like to see an area as a whole sometimes, especially in the planning stage. Trailforks is awesome and I'll use that while out on the ground. They complement each other nicely.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Hey everyone. Thought id ask here or you can point me to the post that already answers my question. Heading out in Dec and am looking at VRBO houses. Any trail system/section of town better than another for the location? xc all day!

thanks!

Freezer
    I was in Sedona for a week last month, and was amazed at how well marked the trail junctions are, and how easy it is to navigate. Compared to riding in Norcal, it almost feels like the trails have streetsigns. Bottom line is with either Trailforks or a map, you'd have to try pretty hard to get lost.

As far as trail systems, there is West, East and South (AFAIK), and I'd guess that the longest drive to your selected trailhead would be maybe 20-25 minutes, and you'd be able to ride from the house with other trails. It would be worth your while to drop into one of two excellent bike shops in town: Over the Edge and Absolute Bikes.

C-H
    mtbr member
    Jan 2018

I was just in Sedona and got that exact same map. Highly recommended!
    It's printed on plastic so it is water, sweat and dirt safe. It also does not tear easily.
    You can get by with a smartphone and Trailforks but I personally like a map in my hand.