banned

Sedona Riders BEWARE OF CRAZED LOT OWNER

A month or so ago during the AZSF, Chad had indicated that he was routing his BIG FRIGGIN LOOP thru a lot recently purchased by a new owner. The lot has been vacant for 1,000's of years and riders have been transiting it for at least 20 years.

I told Chad that the new owner seemed to be not happy with riders who were riding through his newly purchased property, and he put up signs and road blocks to try and keep riders, hikers and equestrians from continuing to transit through the lot.

Many weekends I have seen him camped out on the property and the word has been that he is in the process of getting a feel of where to position his new home and what the home should look like.

Well today the inevitable happened, an unsuspecting cyclist tried to transit through the property and he was attacked by the new property owner. I don't believe the cyyclist was seriously injured, but the police were called in and the word is the owner is going to be prosecuted by the cyclist.

It will be interesting how this turns out, maybe the arm chair attorneys on the forum will be able to give their POV.

Fortunately for me because of all the trail improvements I have done in the area one of the neighbors in that area has given me exclusive permission to ride through their property so I can avoid getting attacked.

Let the games begin

TD

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    A month or so ago during the AZSF, Chad had indicated that he was routing his BIG FRIGGEN LOOP thru a lot recently purchased by a new owner. The lot has been vacant for 1,000 of years and riders have been transiting it for at least 20 years.

I told Chad that the new owner seemed to be not happy with riders who were riding through his newly purchased property, and he put up signs and road blocks to try and keep riders, hikers and equestrians from continuing to transit through the lot.

Many weekends I have seen him camped out on the property and the word has been that he is in the process of getting a feel of where to position his new home and what the home should look like.

Well today the inevitable happened, an unsuspecting cyclist tried to transit through the property and he was attacked by the new property owner. I don't believe he was seriously injured, but the police were called in and the word is the owner is going to be prosecuted by the cyclist.

It will be interesting how this turns out, maybe the arm chair attorneys on the forum will be able to give their POV. Let the games begin

Fortunately for me because of all the trail improvements I have done in the area one of the neighbors in that area has given me exclusive permission to ride through their property so I can avoid getting attacked.

TD
    Please provide police report and exact location of said lot.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Please provide police report and exact location of said lot.
    Maybe Chad has some of that Intel.

TD

Shovel Ready
    Could you please provide a video of said attack. So we may judge the abilities of said attacker.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle64
    Could you please provide a video of said attack. So we may judge the abilities of said attacker.
    The new video just went through the edit download and should be uploaded in YouTube in about 30 minutes. I think the attack took place at about
    N34 52.646 W111 49.247.

TD

mtbr member
    Wow as the self apointed ambassador I would have thought you would discourage illegal trail building and tresspassing and would have tried to work with the new land owner, but I guess my interpretation of ambassador is off. At least you did your part and named the person responsible for the construction of the trail.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

Shovel Ready
    The new video just went through the edit download and should be uploaded in YouTube in about 30 minutes. I think the attack took place at about
    N34 52.646 W111 49.247.

TD
    Been a hour post the link please.

locked - time out
    Nov 2010
    Lesson:

messing with a man's land, or a Man's ride, can result in consequences.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Did Mike Vandeman move to Sedona?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

dirt visionary
    TD needs a frigging life ....Getting tired of seeing his posts.

I would rather deal with the jrock crazyness.

Hey TD don't you have another easter weekend thread to post. I see you miss a few forums...

Begining to think TD just likes to gloat,stroke and poke.
    Last edited by clockwork; 04-16-2011 at 11:07 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

banned
    Been a hour post the link please.
    64:

The YouTube download blew-up here is the Everytrail description, HAPPY NEW YEAR.

http://www.everytrail.com/tell_story...rip_id=1044970

Will have the video shortly

TD

Shovel Ready
    64:

The YouTube download blew-up here is the Everytrail description, HAPPY NEW YEAR.

http://www.everytrail.com/tell_story...rip_id=1044970

Will have the video shortly

TD
    TD fantasy land presents.

banned
    TD fantasy land presents.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLTo_s3EmJg

Maybe the IMBA crew could come down after their seminar and check out the BRAND NEW New Years Wash. It took about 500,000 years to build this trail and it is a duzy.

TD

My other ride is your mom
    Hey TD, constructive suggestion for your videos: Use different music/bands for each one....I get confused watching your videos because you keep using U2....just a thought.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    Hey TD, constructive suggestion for your videos: Use different music/bands for each one....I get confused watching your videos because you keep using U2....just a thought.
    Mad:

No one is forcing you to watch my videos. Just turn the volume down and put on your own music. I personally have never purchased any music and I failed music in junior high, so I am not a music kind of guy. Got A's in auto shop though, hope I get the Taurus running soon.

TD

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    TD needs a frigging life ....Getting tired of seeing his posts.

I would rather deal with the jrock crazyness.

Hey TD don't you have another easter weekend thread to post. I see you miss a few forums...

Begining to think TD just likes to gloat,stroke and poke.
    cw:

My whole misson is to improve the user experience for the majority of mountain bikers. I believe the results speak for themselves. You just can't stand that my efforts to give riders great loop options and working with the FS to create the best trails in the southwest is working. Is Donal Trump gloating?.

TD

TD....I'm not attacking you here on your videos....soften up....I really meant that as a constructive observation. Seriously, try something else for a change; you'll like the results and the viewer experience will be better.

Again....I'm not pickin a fight here.....

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    TD, I don't much care one way or another about your political/religious/sock color beliefs, but I do enjoy your videos. I also applaud your trail work involvement. Keep up the good work. Good luck on the Taurus, need videos when you get it going.
    The question isn't who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me.

mtbr member
    TD....I'm not attacking you here on your videos
    Come on, you know better.

meow
    It's that loud sucking sound again.

dirt visionary
    cw:

My whole misson is to improve the user experience for the majority of mountain bikers. I believe the results speak for themselves. You just can't stand that my efforts to give riders great loop options and working with the FS to create the best trails in the southwest is working. Is Donal Trump gloating?.

TD

your not the only one in this state improving the riding for the majority or working with the forest service to do so . But you are the only one taking it too far .
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

It rains here. :(

Don't let u2metoo see this.
    07 GF Rig

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Mad:

No one is forcing you to watch my videos. Just turn the volume down and put on your own music. I personally have never purchased any music and I failed music in junior high, so I am not a music kind of guy. Got A's in auto shop though, hope I get the Taurus running soon.

TD
    I've kept my opinion of you quite neutral, as others' opinions of you really run the gamut. You might be doing mtbers a favor, or maybe not. I haven't seen your work, so I don't comment. But this comment easily pushed you over towards the dooosher side. Clearly he's been watching your vids, and this is how you keep his viewership? I think I'll pass on the next one too. Maybe we'll meet one day and this will change. Until then, I'll be looking through not-so-rosey colored glasses.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

locked - time out
    Nov 2010

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dag Nabbit
    I've kept my opinion of you quite neutral, as others' opinions of you really run the gamut. You might be doing mtbers a favor, or maybe not. I haven't seen your work, so I don't comment. But this comment easily pushed you over towards the dooosher side. Clearly he's been watching your vids, and this is how you keep his viewership? I think I'll pass on the next one too. Maybe we'll meet one day and this will change. Until then, I'll be looking through not-so-rosey colored glasses.

DN:

What is a dooosher? Is it a good thing? I never purchased any music, so I could invest those dollars in Cali realestate 40 years ago. Now I can afford to do videos and volunteer trail improvements in Sedona.

TD

mtbr member
    DN:

What is a dooosher? Is it a good thing? I never purchased any music, so I could invest those dollars in Cali realestate 40 years ago. Now I can afford to do videos and volunteer trail improvements in Sedona.

TD
    I think he meant "douchier" and I think his comments had more to do with your response to Maad, not to your taste in music.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    DN:

TD
    Its a collision between between a water and vinegar truck. I once stayed at a Motel 6, but slept through most of the experience, so I don't remember a lot of it. At least I had money left to go to Denny's and by a Grand Slam, but it wasn't that good so I sent it back and just asked for the 3 RBI Triple, not that I've ever paid for a baseball ticket though.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

yes and yes....TD, relax....not everyone is out to get you

Fight the Kakistocracy!

Lol

Holy crap, I actually laughed out loud in real life on this one. Brought back some memoried of old newsgroups and several lengthy email correspondences with the Vandemaniac. I think he might have been the reason that any email service allows users to block someone, that guy wouldn't quit, and he still lost his battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Did Mike Vandeman move to Sedona?
    veelz

Gravity, not just a good idea, it's a law.
    The only one consistently and constantly applied, no exceptions.

Members who have read this thread: 0