mtbr member
    Oct 2016

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates

So we have been getting updates on the Girdner trail reroutes by rockman and based on what he told me I went out today to check out his work. When I asked him if the section he worked was across Timís wash from the first reroute section he was not sure. It seemed logical thatís where the second reroute section should start.

When I rode the first reroute section it was showing lots of use and was getting packed in nicely. It rode much better than when I rode it last week. Thank god the Red Rock Ranger District allows mountain bikers to ride newly constructed trails as soon as they are constructed.

So today I check out the second reroute. section and I was happy to see some mountain bike tracks on it. As I thought the second section starts across Timís Wash and follows a steep contour above of the Dry Creek Wash below.

The new route is definitely not something the early sedona trail builders would have ever picked. It will cost a lot to build and it will need continuous maintenance due to heavy equestrian traffic. I told the FS previously that they should leave the old Girdner for the equestrians but they looked at me cross eyed when I suggested that.

What a Country!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-164cf67b-1e7d-4e19-860b-9a7c9b6950b4.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-8e8a8719-9ce3-4fdf-a26b-5963ff8a0c1d.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-942d1e82-469f-4d7b-9275-482432788bc4.jpg  

Ahhh the pain....
    Cool trails...bro.

banned
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade2 View Post
    So we have been getting updates on the Girdner trail reroutes by rockman and based on what he told me I went out today to check out his work. When I asked him if the section he worked was across Timís wash from the first reroute section he was not sure. It seemed logical thatís where the second reroute section should start.

When I rode the first reroute section it was showing lots of use and was getting packed in nicely. It rode much better than when I rode it last week. Thank god the Red Rock Ranger District allows mountain bikers to ride newly constructed trails as soon as they are constructed.

So today I check out the second reroute. section and I was happy to see some mountain bike tracks on it. As I thought the second section starts across Timís Wash and follows a steep contour above of the Dry Creek Wash below.

The new route is definitely not something the early sedona trail builders would have ever picked. It will cost a lot to build and it will need continuous maintenance due to heavy equestrian traffic. I told the FS previously that they should leave the old Girdner for the equestrians but they looked at me cross eyed when I suggested that.

What a Country!

Bro thank you for all your work bro, you clearly see a vision beyond what the forest circus is capable of bro, and way to to four there bro and get it done like a man bro

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Comeatmebro View Post
    Bro thank you for all your work bro, you clearly see a vision beyond what the forest circus is capable of bro, and way to to four there bro and get it done like a man bro
    Combro thanks for the positive post. I really don't deserve any brocredit. It was those passionate brobuilders that came up with the outstanding concepts and built them into bropieces. I only have given the brobuilders credit for their unselfish efforts. I have only created detailed maps for the riding public and S&R to rescue lost hikers. Those maps along with the new concepts and massive amounts of positive MTBR infoposts were instrumental in making Sedona a World Class mountain bike destination for brominded mountain bikers.

banned
    Mar 2018
    Combro thanks for the positive post. I really don't deserve any brocredit. It was those passionate brobuilders that came up with the outstanding concepts and built them into bropieces. I only have given the brobuilders credit for their unselfish efforts. I have only created detailed maps for the riding public and S&R to rescue lost hikers. Those maps along with the new concepts and massive amounts of positive MTBR infoposts were instrumental in making Sedona a World Class mountain bike destination for brominded mountain bikers.

Bro they truly are world class trails bro and they would continue to be world class for ebikes to enjoy bro as long as these mtbrs stop snitching on ebikes bro they will continue to be world class bro thanks for all the hours and hard work bro getting it done bro

mtbr member
    'Scuse me, I think I'm going to bro up.
    Veni vidi velo!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Do you even build trails Bro?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Apologies for the duplicate post, but want to get the word out.

There are 11 more scheduled workdays through Feb 16th. Ten are sponsored by REI/Sedona Red Rock Trail Fund (providing pizza/cookies prize giveaways and hydration) and special aprŤs work day libations from Lagunitas Brewery generously donated to the VVCC. All workdays are posted on VVCC's website and begin at 8:30AM at the Girdner/Cultural Park Trailhead. Here's the schedule:

November 29th
    December 1st (sponsored by Friends of the Forest)
    December 6th
    December 15th
    December 20th
    January 10th
    January 19th
    January 31st
    February 2nd
    February 7th
    February 16th

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    This is great news. I rode the old Girdner about 15 years ago and have never been back. The day felt like a waste and there wasn't anything fun about that trail at all. This new bench cut looks rad.

mtbr member

When I rode the first reroute section it was showing lots of use and was getting packed in nicely. It rode much better than when I rode it last week. Thank god the Red Rock Ranger District expert professional dissertation writers group allows mountain bikers to ride newly constructed trails as soon as they are constructed.

What a Country!
    Looks awesome. This trail is my next planned destination. Have a couple of friends who are also willing to go. My usual (best ridden) trail is Inner Basin (and yes, it's a no go now).

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPsyche View Post
    Looks awesome. This trail is my next planned destination. Have a couple of friends who are also willing to go. My usual (best ridden) trail is Inner Basin (and yes, it's a no go now).
    The total Girdner reroute will be 4.3 miles long. So far they have approximately .75 miles completed with secret entrances and exits. Hopefully it will be completed when you get here.