mtbr member
    Oct 2016

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates

So we have been getting updates on the Girdner trail reroutes by rockman and based on what he told me I went out today to check out his work. When I asked him if the section he worked was across Timís wash from the first reroute section he was not sure. It seemed logical thatís where the second reroute section should start.

When I rode the first reroute section it was showing lots of use and was getting packed in nicely. It rode much better than when I rode it last week. Thank god the Red Rock Ranger District allows mountain bikers to ride newly constructed trails as soon as they are constructed.

So today I check out the second reroute. section and I was happy to see some mountain bike tracks on it. As I thought the second section starts across Timís Wash and follows a steep contour above of the Dry Creek Wash below.

The new route is definitely not something the early sedona trail builders would have ever picked. It will cost a lot to build and it will need continuous maintenance due to heavy equestrian traffic. I told the FS previously that they should leave the old Girdner for the equestrians but they looked at me cross eyed when I suggested that.

What a Country!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-164cf67b-1e7d-4e19-860b-9a7c9b6950b4.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-8e8a8719-9ce3-4fdf-a26b-5963ff8a0c1d.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-942d1e82-469f-4d7b-9275-482432788bc4.jpg  

Ahhh the pain....
    Cool trails...bro.

banned
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade2 View Post
    So we have been getting updates on the Girdner trail reroutes by rockman and based on what he told me I went out today to check out his work. When I asked him if the section he worked was across Timís wash from the first reroute section he was not sure. It seemed logical thatís where the second reroute section should start.

When I rode the first reroute section it was showing lots of use and was getting packed in nicely. It rode much better than when I rode it last week. Thank god the Red Rock Ranger District allows mountain bikers to ride newly constructed trails as soon as they are constructed.

So today I check out the second reroute. section and I was happy to see some mountain bike tracks on it. As I thought the second section starts across Timís Wash and follows a steep contour above of the Dry Creek Wash below.

The new route is definitely not something the early sedona trail builders would have ever picked. It will cost a lot to build and it will need continuous maintenance due to heavy equestrian traffic. I told the FS previously that they should leave the old Girdner for the equestrians but they looked at me cross eyed when I suggested that.

What a Country!

Bro thank you for all your work bro, you clearly see a vision beyond what the forest circus is capable of bro, and way to to four there bro and get it done like a man bro

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Comeatmebro View Post
    Bro thank you for all your work bro, you clearly see a vision beyond what the forest circus is capable of bro, and way to to four there bro and get it done like a man bro
    Combro thanks for the positive post. I really don't deserve any brocredit. It was those passionate brobuilders that came up with the outstanding concepts and built them into bropieces. I only have given the brobuilders credit for their unselfish efforts. I have only created detailed maps for the riding public and S&R to rescue lost hikers. Those maps along with the new concepts and massive amounts of positive MTBR infoposts were instrumental in making Sedona a World Class mountain bike destination for brominded mountain bikers.

banned
    Mar 2018
    Combro thanks for the positive post. I really don't deserve any brocredit. It was those passionate brobuilders that came up with the outstanding concepts and built them into bropieces. I only have given the brobuilders credit for their unselfish efforts. I have only created detailed maps for the riding public and S&R to rescue lost hikers. Those maps along with the new concepts and massive amounts of positive MTBR infoposts were instrumental in making Sedona a World Class mountain bike destination for brominded mountain bikers.

Bro they truly are world class trails bro and they would continue to be world class for ebikes to enjoy bro as long as these mtbrs stop snitching on ebikes bro they will continue to be world class bro thanks for all the hours and hard work bro getting it done bro

mtbr member
    'Scuse me, I think I'm going to bro up.
    Veni vidi velo!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Do you even build trails Bro?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Apologies for the duplicate post, but want to get the word out.

There are 11 more scheduled workdays through Feb 16th. Ten are sponsored by REI/Sedona Red Rock Trail Fund (providing pizza/cookies prize giveaways and hydration) and special aprŤs work day libations from Lagunitas Brewery generously donated to the VVCC. All workdays are posted on VVCC's website and begin at 8:30AM at the Girdner/Cultural Park Trailhead. Here's the schedule:

November 29th
    December 1st (sponsored by Friends of the Forest)
    December 6th
    December 15th
    December 20th
    January 10th
    January 19th
    January 31st
    February 2nd
    February 7th
    February 16th

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    This is great news. I rode the old Girdner about 15 years ago and have never been back. The day felt like a waste and there wasn't anything fun about that trail at all. This new bench cut looks rad.

mtbr member

When I rode the first reroute section it was showing lots of use and was getting packed in nicely. It rode much better than when I rode it last week. Thank god the Red Rock Ranger District expert professional dissertation writers group allows mountain bikers to ride newly constructed trails as soon as they are constructed.

What a Country!
    Looks awesome. This trail is my next planned destination. Have a couple of friends who are also willing to go. My usual (best ridden) trail is Inner Basin (and yes, it's a no go now).

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPsyche View Post
    Looks awesome. This trail is my next planned destination. Have a couple of friends who are also willing to go. My usual (best ridden) trail is Inner Basin (and yes, it's a no go now).
    The total Girdner reroute will be 4.3 miles long. So far they have approximately .75 miles completed with secret entrances and exits. Hopefully it will be completed when you get here.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Good news on the Girdner Reroute project. ACE has been out working on the re-route from Timís Wash to Color Cove. Have any MTBR viewers checked it out? Itís a nice option for lesser skilled riders looking for something new.

mtbr member
    Good news on the Girdner Reroute project. ACE has been out working on the re-route from Timís Wash to Color Cove. Have any MTBR viewers checked it out? Itís a nice option for lesser skilled riders looking for something new.
    Last I heard it's not open for business yet and the entrance to the reroute is hidden.

There are two 4 person ACE crews working in the area.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Last I heard it's not open for business yet and the entrance to the reroute is hidden.

There are two 4 person ACE crews working in the area.
    Fortunately in Sedona the USFS doesn't have a problem with mountain bikers riding trails under construction. They realize that in Sedona the newly constructed trails are in need of being packed in to improve the trail surface.

Riders just need to be aware they may be delayed in some sections that are considered dangerous to ride due to their lower skill level. In those sections walking is recommended.

The people constructing the like to be thanked for the hard work they are putting into the project. They realize people are curious about the new trail that is much easier to ride than the original trail.

What a Country!

mtbr member
    Right on Switch, that's why the entrance is hidden. To make sure users end up on a trail that get's progressively more difficult and then they HAB to make a connection with the trail it terminates at. Great idea.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Right on Switch, that's why the entrance is hidden. To make sure users end up on a trail that get's progressively more difficult and then they HAB to make a connection with the trail it terminates at. Great idea.
    Rock if two old women can ride that trail I would assume other riders can ride pretty easily. The trail has been nicely built from Timís Wash up to the long time Color Cove trail which has been around for over 20 years.

If riders donít like riding down Color Cove to Girdner they can do the ride as an out and back. When I built the Aerie trail everyday the section of trail I completed was rideable by my mountain bike buddies and I assume other curious riders.

I know itís hard for you to accept that riding in Sedona is different than Flagstaff and other destinations. We like to explore s lot and riding a new partially complete trail fits the exploration mode of mountain biking. We donít need signage and a totally pimped out trail surface.

I guess in Sedona we ride to the beat of a different drummer. Go into Lars Romigís Facebook page and you will watch that lots of his posts he is riding off trail. The guy was president of the VVCC bike club for many years he represents the extreme part of off trail riding in Sedona. The old women and grandmas represent the less extreme but they still like to explore.

Can anyone explain what happened to that sintori post? We got banana tree trail system completed. Tomorrow we are going to explore an upper trail in the trees.

What a Country!

mtbr member
    Yeah, whatever Switch. Unicorns and rainbows. Rode it today. Entrance is still hidden. Tread gradually becomes more and more primitive until petering out before you reach the old color cove connector. There's one spot that still needs crib work and some tread work. An intermediate would probably walk. The routing is killer. A 4-person ACE crew was working on it.

Pics courtesy of raisingarizona.

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-girdner_2.jpg

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-girdner_1.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Yeah, whatever Switch. Unicorns and rainbows. Rode it today. Entrance is still hidden. Tread gradually becomes more and more primitive until petering out before you reach the old color cove connector. There's one spot that still needs crib work and some tread work. An intermediate would probably walk. The routing is killer. A 4-person ACE crew was working on it.

Pics courtesy of raisingarizona.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Girdner_2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	424.9 KB 
ID:	1235270

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Girdner_1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	308.7 KB 
ID:	1235271
    Rock I figured I could get you to go out and ride it. My 66 year old wife enjoyed riding it with her grandma girl friend. Itís interesting to see what $75,000+ gets you these days. I am surprised there still is work to be done on the first section. The guy who built Hangover would have knocked that out in one day. What a Country!

mtbr member
    Rock I figured I could get you to go out and ride it. My 66 year old wife enjoyed riding it with her grandma girl friend. Itís interesting to see what $75,000+ gets you these days. I am surprised there still is work to be done on the first section. The guy who built Hangover would have knocked that out in one day. What a Country!
    Maybe so but he wasn't building for equestrian use.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Maybe so but he wasn't building for equestrian use.
    Are you saying the rock work couldnít be done by a volunteer who has done rock work for many years? How about Plumber Phil could he do the work? Why canít ACE do it? How about your mobile trail crew? Now that the government shutdown is over those problem areas should be fixed in short order? There is tons of money for this project, so money should not be an issue.

IPA tester
    Thread derailment in 3, 2,.....

mtbr member
    Are you saying the rock work couldnít be done by a volunteer who has done rock work for many years? How about Plumber Phil could he do the work? Why canít ACE do it? How about your mobile trail crew? Now that the government shutdown is over those problem areas should be fixed in short order? There is tons of money for this project, so money should not be an issue.
    If only you were in charge. Western Gateway would be done by now. I checked it out like you asked. But by all means keep asking more questions perseverator.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    If only you were in charge. Western Gateway would be done by now. I checked it out like you asked. But by all means keep asking more questions perseverator.
    No doubt we would be further along with the project. I am headed up to check out the alignment of the new Costa Rica highline. Will let your know what I come up with. Get Er Done!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Ok today I heard the Sedona Sunday ride group went out and rode the new Girdner route my wife said it rode well and from the bottom of the Color Cove trail they headed out to some of the other trails being adopted under the Western Gateway proposal.

Today I ended up help build about 150 yards of new trail outside of the banana plantation. It was difficult clearing the heavy vegetation, but I believe the finished trail be fun to ride.
    I took this picture of my trail building buddies at the end of the day at sunset.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-8f45b5c4-59df-488f-a71d-8fc50c2116bb.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-0162e93c-8365-44b1-826c-57c196f693ff.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Looks like the Singletracks online Blog is talking about Sedonabeing in the top twelve destinations for mountain biking. I like that they are talking about all the new trails the VVCC has completed for the up coming FESTIVAL. One National Forest with two different approaches to recreation. What a Country!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-45947f8c-65d6-48d0-9676-d40a9f13076b.jpg  

mtbr member
    One National Forest with two different approaches to recreation. What a Country!
    Gloating doesn't become you.

The .05 percent
    Thought that was the point of this entire thread?

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Rock I am curious if you have emailed Singletrack and told them the new 2.8 mile Girdner trail ISNíT FINISHED? You would think they would know that. Where are the other beginner intermediate trails they are talking about.

I told the FS they should have built those first, but they never listen to me.

mtbr member
    Rock I am curious if you have emailed Singletrack and told them the new 2.8 mile Girdner trail ISNíT FINISHED? You would think they would know that. Where are the other beginner intermediate trails they are talking about.

I told the FS they should have built those first, but they never listen to me.
    Nope. Send them an email yourself. I can tell you that the trail day tomorrow is on Outer Limits trail.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Nope. Send them an email yourself. I can tell you that the trail day tomorrow is on Outer Limits trail.
    I am happy to have Singletracks market the Girdner Reroute, so I wonít be letting them know it isnít completed. I like to give riders a better description of the trail as it progresses. My wife said it extends north of the Color Cove trail som so I will ride it when I get back from CR.

So which new trail is going to be Outer Limits?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-b140a333-7ecf-4259-bda8-efeec6d7115e.jpg  

mtbr member
    I am happy to have Singletracks market the Girdner Reroute, so I wonít be letting them know it isnít completed. I like to give riders a better description of the trail as it progresses. My wife said it extends north of the Color Cove trail som so I will ride it when I get back from CR.

So which new trail is going to be Outer Limits?
    Why don't you ask your wife?

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Why don't you ask your wife?
    Rock I did as you requested and asked the 66 year old women I am married to. She said they had 60 volunteers show up and they built one mile in the LedgeíníAiry corridor. Shoulda like it was a productive day.

That LedgeíníAiry trail is pretty challenging I wonder who came up with that concept? What a Country!

mtbr member
    Rock I did as you requested and asked the 66 year old women I am married to. She said they had 60 volunteers show up and they built one mile in the LedgeíníAiry corridor. Shoulda like it was a productive day.

That LedgeíníAiry trail is pretty challenging I wonder who came up with that concept? What a Country!
    A different Doc than Traildoc as I recall.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    If you get to Costa Rica check out this new trail I just built.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-17ae1be3-402b-48ae-a7fd-988180ca6eca.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    If you get to Costa Rica check out this new trail I just built.
    I have been chomping at the bit to get out and check out the status of the Girdner Reroute and it was rain yesterday so I had to wait until today. I started at the south end just past Timís Wash. as I rode the trail I noticed it could use some fine tuning with some outsloping. Hopefully this will happen while the soil is easy to work with.

The section Rockman said needed cribwall work was completed without any cribwall and the crew just bench cut that section. I also thought the cribwall technique would be less work, but thatís not how it was done.

While riding past the difficult bench section, I heard a chain saw up a head. Along the trail I saw a bunch of trees and limbs that had been freshly cut. I am assuming this was being done to make the pathway easier for equestrians. I rode a little further and saw two FS guys who were working on the cutting. They seemed surprised to see someone riding the new trail. I smiled and rode by them before reaching the Color Cove trail.

When I made it to the Color Cove trail I was happy to see the trail had continued on towards the last 3/5th of the reroute. I noticed fresh tracks on the trail, so I assumed a crew would be up ahead. I noticed the trail was being constructed narrower than the previous section. As I rode I could see the FS crew up ahead working on a real steep rocky section. They were building that section much narrower than the steep rocky section that had no crib wall. I asked the crew leader if they were going to make the trail wider for equestrians and he said it would be made barely rideable. That was fine with me because it was within my skill level. I asked the guy if I could pass through and he told me it was to rocky and brushy for me. So I turned around and found and easier route to ride around the crew to continue along. A much easier routing could have been made to avoid the steep rocky section but I am assuming the trail router was trying for the shortest distance through that hard to build section.

As I rode ahead it intersected the blue and yellow markers that showed where the trail was being routed. At a certain point I ran into a barbed wire fence, that runs all the way up to Rupp where the user built trail is being adopted. I have ridden the fenced section previously trying to find where the Girdner Reroute is being routed. Forest told me the reroute was totally flagged but I couldnít find the flags.

Anyway the flag line I was following seemed to low and eventually I ran into another steep build section. Rather than follow that difficult build section, I hike-a-biked to the top of the steep build section and found a different bunch of blue flags that followed the ridge line above the steep build section.

From the top of the ridge the flagging followed an easy desending section down to a wash that is ridden by the locals that enjoy challenging wash riding. The reroute crosses the wash and heads up a slope to intersect the Girdner trail that was rerouted by Jennifer and Lars about three years ago.

I dropped down the wash and intersected Dry Creek which was ripping. I got the feeling that if the FS was going to get the Girdner Reroute finished for the March 1-3 festival they were going to need more help. I think possibly ACE wasnít working today due to the weather up in Flagg. Unfortunately it is a long walk out to the worksite and the crews probably donít get more than five hours of work in.

What a Country!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-845fafa4-b791-4db3-94bc-9be045ca3546.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-75d1b9b6-4aef-44c8-a27d-1c59e9e23c6e.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-ca7681c0-7a99-4b0d-a70c-066c3a64d8c0.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-23f4a72a-0a1e-4302-86eb-2fee56c02832.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    OK long story made short. I saw Plumber Phil at the Cultural Center in his Ford Expedition today. He stopped and told me the Girdner Reroute was kind of done.

He was covered with dirt like he had been working his butt off. He said the last section was built old style. I told him congratulations and I went out to check out the work. To say the least I was impressed with how much was built since I was out there a couple days ago.

Basicly the trail is rideable by the 33%íers and my 66 year old wife.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-60b59c07-78f5-4590-8cf9-1b8144825e78.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-48c59485-9675-44ef-acaf-3ffd90934047.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-bafd584c-8c52-4ee5-97aa-afa88159a50d.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-887812f3-ef1d-44c6-af4b-58f1b0c5389f.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-25ecc2d8-9ad8-4c68-9f94-20d1f5d3d96a.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-2e03b240-9735-4af4-a6a6-e754ec789675.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-45853986-9dfc-4401-bc5d-a28390f564fb.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-dd252c54-345d-4e04-90f6-cfb7caa4997f.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-6ec14166-d119-49c8-917c-eba56b500998.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-d4b5ebee-6e66-4233-9a97-62df6c705fad.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-85a1fb63-0f6c-4ca1-a3dc-2517aa6ec2fb.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-8e022aa2-a93f-4c8d-8a37-409098b5dfba.jpg  

Meatbomb
    WTF is a 33%'er? And why do you come up with these numbers?

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    WTF is a 33%'er? And why do you come up with these numbers?
    Itís an estimate of the percentage of riders who ride in Sedona that would be able to ride the trail with a smile on their face. Not all riders enjoy riding a partially completed trail. I spoke with one of the FS trail builders who was walking out and he said he thought the reroute would be totally completed to the FS standard next week.

The FS standard is much higher than what is required by the 33%íers. The 33%íers enjoy a more challenging ride on a partially completed trail. Once the trail is completed I would estimate 89% of the people who ride in Sedona would be skilled enough to ride the route. I hope that answers your questions.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    So today was the weekly Johnnyís Garage ride. We had two visitors from Phoenix joining us for one of our extra special adventure ride. We started on the Two Fences trail and headed to the next Girdner Reroute trail. There were fourteen riders in our group so it would be a good test on how people liked the recently completed trail.

Two of our group started out late so we waited for them were the Girdner Reroute crosses a significant was on the north end. While we were waiting for the two riders two hikers hiked up to our break spot. I asked them how they heard about the new trail and they said they just saw the blue flags.

When our two buddies showed up we headed south on the reroute. At several spots we took picture of the great views. Halfway through the reroute we came across two more hikers.

When we exited the reroute at Timís Wash we took another break. At that point we decided to ride cross country on Philís blue flag line to Western Civ. We tried to follow the blue tape, but much of the time we ended up in the wash boarding the proposed trail that takes riders up to Western Civ. Our visitors from Phoenix were walking a lot of the wash that the 66 year old female in our group was riding.

We took another break before riding up a hillside to Western Civ. Eventually we ended up on Rupp then headed over to the AzCypress Alternate trail. From there we rode up Az Cypress to Girdner and then Two Fences. I cleaned Two Fences which doesnít happen very often.

What a Country!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-c871685c-362a-4cf0-b6b6-a9a45b7472e0.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-6fd81b2d-a766-400a-9c56-fe086f94d5b5.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-ff83fa47-23ed-41b9-8fd3-054c8758c89a.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-e8719866-7d74-4a1a-99db-81c4551c72b9.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-fc123d02-192e-4886-b0f1-5aaa1ed3656c.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-edfb9c59-ac6c-4376-9f21-2c5e92c5786d.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-1c092f32-afd9-4775-91a9-b12a384b747e.jpg  

Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-fa876e40-f338-4a5f-a764-cdd817590d40.jpg  

Last edited by Switchblade2; 1 Week Ago at 10:26 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    The white trail is the new Girdner Reroute. The turquoise trail is the existing Girdner trail that crosses Dry Creek Wash six times. The new white route doesnít cross Dry Creek any time, so during heavy wet periods the new reroute is a great option. The 2.4 mile reroute is definitely much less challenging than the original Girdner trail.

It will be interesting how many hikers and horses will use the new trail. On the narrow exposed sections there will definitely be some user conflicts with equestrians. Hopefully the FS will leave the old Girdner reroute as it is, so the equestrians can use it rather than the new reroute. I think equestrians really like riding that trail since it has an old western type feel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-c6076c99-ffe1-4e86-8f2e-6b0811e657b9.jpg  

mtbr member
    It will be interesting how many hikers and horses will use the new trail. On the narrow exposed sections there will definitely be some user conflicts with equestrians.
    Geez, it sucks to share trails.

Hopefully the FS will leave the old Girdner reroute as it is, so the equestrians can use it rather than the new reroute.
    They might continue to use it anyway but it will be closed and naturalized, same as other trails in the project area that were not adopted or system trails that were realigned.

mtbr member
    so if I approach from the south, will it be obvious how to get onto the new trail section... I would hate to end up on the old section. I hate that section of trail..

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun44 View Post
    so if I approach from the south, will it be obvious how to get onto the new trail section... I would hate to end up on the old section. I hate that section of trail..
    Rah I could send you and others the gpx track. The south entrance is not totally completed as of yesterday. It is pretty easy to find though. Timís Wash crosses the existing Girdner trail at the very bottom of the Girdner trail. At that point you will see many bike tracks going up the entrance to the new reroute. The actual official entrance will be after you start climbing the Girdner trail past Timís Wash and before you cross Dry Creek. If you get to Dry Creek you have ridden about 50 yards too far.

I am looking forward to the build on the new entrance. It will require some big excavation to make the climb enjoyable for lesser skilled riders, but it is totally doable.

You will have to do about a twenty yard hike a bike. To get to the rideable spot.

When you get to the north end the Reroute might not be completed to the existing Girdner trail. Just ride straight ahead from the existing reroute and you will run into Girdner. I am hoping rockman will come down and ride the trail to give his impression. I am going out today to see if ACE or the FS is out working on the trail today.

I also plan on checking out the new Outer Limit reroute.

What a Country!

mtbr member
    No way the skiing is too good. Besides I hear the trails are too muddy and I hate to be THAT GUY.

There really should be a plaque of some kind installed at MAGA viewpoint where you spy on the trail crews.
    Last edited by rockman; 1 Week Ago at 06:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    No way the skiing is too good. Besides I hear the trails are too muddy and I hate to be THAT GUY.

There really should be a plague of some kind installed at MAGA viewpoint where you spy on the trail crews.
    MAGA VIEWPOINT where is that? Is that the area that Plumber Phil is routing his new trail next to Miss Kitty. There are a lot of equestrian trails out in the new Girdner Reroute area since that trail is located adjacent to Color Cove equestrian community. There are equestrian user created trails all over out there. I am curious if the FS will naturalize all those trails used mainly by the equestrians? I hope not because they will be very unhappy if they have to trailer their horses to the Once Cultural Centet to ride Girdner from the south end.

When I rode the new reroute today I couldnít find any workers on the new trail finishing it up for the lesser skilled riders. I think they have off Sunday and Monday. There are a few wet spots on some of the trails, but nothing that stops me and some of my older friends from riding. All the washes are good to go no matter what weather is going on.
    Did you see my 66 year old wife up skiing today. She is ripping up Snow Bowl due to the fantastic conditions.

I gave a bunch of firewood to the Hopi Tribe today. Some Good Smaritons are hauling it up to the Res to help the needy stay warm.

What a Country!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sedona Girdner Trail Reroute Updates-fb189244-e9ff-470c-904a-7a1d47a26316.jpg