life is a barrel o'fun

Sedona events in late May?

Just wondering if anything's going on late this month in the area. Haven't been there in eight years or so. Will pack Elmer's glue and SPF 50 sunblock.
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine
    Just wondering if anything's going on late this month in the area. Haven't been there in eight years or so. Will pack Elmer's glue and SPF 50 sunblock.
    Very, very little has changed in Sedona since you last visited.

(BTW, I'm the sarcastic one of the group.)

Paging TrailDoc, your services are requested.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

My other ride is your mom
    The AES Casner Dirty Century Ride is happening this weekend....many are doing the half....come join us.

Linky for the MTBR thread is here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=703643

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    SAMBA (Southern AZ Mtn Bike Assn) will be there this Memorial weekend. Most days there will be 2 ride options as I'll bring dogs and keep them off popular trails. Camping will most likely be 'down by the river'!
    PM me if interested.
    agmtb

Elitest thrill junkie
    There are LOTS of great new trails compared to 8 years ago. These include Highline, Hangover, High on the Hog, Chuck Wagon, and others. You can make some fairly large rides now with these trails, as well as they offer amazing scenery and challenge (nothing too crazy, maybe a few sections to walk, but well worth it). Due to these trails and many others, Sedona is a much better riding destination than it was a few years ago. Be sure to hook up with a guide or someone that can take you on a few of these trails.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Very, very little has changed in Sedona since you last visited.

(BTW, I'm the sarcastic one of the group.)

Paging TrailDoc, your services are requested.
    Amazing, you even explicitly said it was sarcastic and the sarcasm was still lost on some.

drink coffee, ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    There are LOTS of great new trails compared to 8 years ago. These include Highline, Hangover, High on the Hog, Chuck Wagon, and others. You can make some fairly large rides now with these trails, as well as they offer amazing scenery and challenge (nothing too crazy, maybe a few sections to walk, but well worth it). Due to these trails and many others, Sedona is a much better riding destination than it was a few years ago. Be sure to hook up with a guide or someone that can take you on a few of these trails.
    agreed -
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=705132

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Yep, what they all said. Elmer's glue???

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiedough
    cd:

I have made up some Topo Fusion Sedona Maps that divide Sedona into five sections to try and get a more detailed map with trail names included. The maps are about 1.2 mb each so they don't download into MTBR w/o having to resize them.

I am trying to figure out where to post them so I could provide a link to those individuals who want to check out a Sedona map with about 96% of all the current mountain biking trails. As time permits I will be adding Sedona rides and loops that I enjoy doing to give riders an opptional ride that they may have not done previously.

If anyone could suggest a site to download them onto I am all ears.

TD

Give it a crank
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    If anyone could suggest a site to download them onto I am all ears.

TD
    You'll likely want a website where you can easily make updates as often as needed to keep your maps current. I'd suggest Google Sites to easily do that right in your web browser. There are many other options too.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn-Rider
    You'll likely want a website where you can easily make updates as often as needed to keep your maps current. I'd suggest Google Sites to easily do that right in your web browser. There are many other options too.
    MR:

Thanks for the suggestion: https://sites.google.com/site/sedona...ingtrails/home

TD

life is a barrel o'fun
    So we're in town and have been riding the stuff near Bell Rock, through Carroll Canyon, up near the heritage sites, etc. etc. Will post more eventually. One more day of riding left.

The most intense ride was from near Bike & Bean, through Crescent Moon Park, on Ridge up to West Sedona for lunch, then back (a slightly shorter way.) Great stuff!!

John was just chatting with a local who described Hangover, which was enough for us to nix that idea! We were watching videos of the White Line yesterday- that's another one we'll skip, thankyouverymuch.

Last time I was here, we had been driving around and sampling trails in Phoenix, Tuscon and Sedona. Don't have the same luxury of time this time around!
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

Members who have read this thread: 0