mtbr member

Sedona Double H ride (version EP) info

I'd like to lead/co-lead a Double H ride that starts at Bike and Bean at 10:00. This will be a
    pretty aggressive pace.

My plan is to roll out at 10:00 following this general route description:

Made in the Shade
    HL
    Baldwin
    Templeton
    HT, M8, M9 (whatever gets us under 179 and on to Little Horse)
    Little Horse
    Chicken Point/Broken Arrow
    High on the Hog
    Hog Wash
    Broken Arrow
    Possible Sub Rock diversion
    Chicken Point
    Little Horse
    Llama
    Back to Bike and Bean

I may do HO after this, but I'm not committing to that.

I'm looking for someone that's ridden both High on the Hog and Hog Wash to join the ride
    and help to get the group rolling those particular trails as planned.

Any interest in joining?
    Last edited by Evil Patrick; 03-10-2010 at 07:42 AM.
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

mtbr member
    (snipped from the HHH discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Epicrider
    HERE is a great Double H loop perfect for the flingers. Fairly easy to follow. I can send you a GPX file of the loop. Let me know.
    So, imagine that I'm heading up Broken Arrow from Chicken Point. Can you give me some
    visual clues to describe where High on the Hog starts and then where Hog Wash splits off?

PM me if you think this intel is more sensitive to forum-sweeping than the already
    published map (though at this point, I don't know that it matters).
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

mtbr member
    Just head left on slickrock instead of dropping down BA right after the trail climbs up and around the jeep playground (merry go round and the staircase). Make sense? You can also veer off the BA and tool around on the merry go round and then jump back on the trail on the north side of the jeep area and then it's 50 yds or so to the turnoff to High on the Hog. If you start dropping down a long techy section you'll know you've gone too far. Hog Wash is the first right after the pass.

Tucson, AZ
    Does anyone have the GPX file for the HH? Epicrider?

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick
    I'd like to lead/co-lead a Double H ride that starts at Bike and Bean at 9:00. This will be a
    pretty aggressive pace.

My plan is to roll out at 9:00 following this general route description:

Made in the Shade
    HL
    Baldwin
    Templeton
    HT, M8, M9 (whatever gets us under 179 and on to Little Horse)
    Little Horse
    Chicken Point/Broken Arrow
    High on the Hog
    Hog Wash
    Broken Arrow
    Possible Sub Rock diversion
    Chicken Point
    Little Horse
    Llama
    Back to Bike and Bean

I may do HO after this, but I'm not committing to that.

I'm looking for someone that's ridden both High on the Hog and Hog Wash to join the ride
    and help to get the group rolling those particular trails as planned.

Any interest in joining?
    This is pretty much exactly the ride I'd like to do on Saturday minus Sub Rx diversion. I know where the Hog turns are located. I have never been on H---E but I'm hoping that Dale's map will point the way. Thing is, I am not sure I care to start at 9AM and I know I cannot keep the pace you want to maintain. I'm all about taking my time, taking pictures, and soaking in the experience. OK... truth time...I'm in really lousy shape right now! I am not volunteering to lead a ride, but if anyone happens to be rolling from the same place that my carload starts (probably parking at IGA), then you are welcome to join my crew for a low-stress roll on Sedona trails

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    This is pretty much exactly the ride I'd like to do on Saturday minus Sub Rx diversion. I know where the Hog turns are located. I have never been on H---E but I'm hoping that Dale's map will point the way. Thing is, I am not sure I care to start at 9AM and I know I cannot keep the pace you want to maintain. I'm all about taking my time, taking pictures, and soaking in the experience. OK... truth time...I'm in really lousy shape right now! I am not volunteering to lead a ride, but if anyone happens to be rolling from the same place that my carload starts (probably parking at IGA), then you are welcome to join my crew for a low-stress roll on Sedona trails

OK! We're on!

See you at IGA.

What time? 10:00?
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

I love bike!
    Sounds like my cup o tea Love to join your group if you don't mind. Keep us posted on meet time/place if you decide to stick to your plan. Thanks DG for this cool option.

Dave
    I've been reading these threads about riding Sedona and I thought there needed to be a B ride. So KK I know where the turn off is and we ride at a very similar pace (camera's in tow) and I didn't want to ride at a A pace on Saturday anyway so it sounds like I'll be with you again. Yeah!! Dave you can definitly hang with me too. I'm glad you spoke up KK cause I was wondering about riding alone up there, seems to be a lot of pressure on the A pace this year. Not to offend anyone (A crowd).
    I need to ride more and work less.

Kathleen in AZ
    OK! We're on!

See you at IGA.

What time? 10:00?
    10ish @ IGA was what I had in mind. But I want to reiterate... I will not be bookin along at your typical Evil pace. If you think this ride is going to take you four hours, then it'll likely take me six. Pictures, snacks, gasping for air... all are on my agenda. Maybe even a nap or two You still sure you want to combine rides? I guess if need be, you can split off with a faster bunch after we do the Hogs (or before if someone else is along who knows the Hog turns).

zul
    Will Guide for Beer
    10ish @ IGA was what I had in mind. But I want to reiterate... I will not be bookin along at your typical Evil pace. If you think this ride is going to take you four hours, then it'll likely take me six. Pictures, snacks, gasping for air... all are on my agenda. Maybe even a nap or two You still sure you want to combine rides? I guess if need be, you can split off with a faster bunch after we do the Hogs (or before if someone else is along who knows the Hog turns).
    Perfect!! I hope you don't mind, I've added this ride to:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/poll.php?do=s...ts&pollid=2532

Maybe you could swing into the Bean before the ride to pick up any Caffeine Junkies? This will be a great loop!! Relaxed pace and likely the first to tap into the Beer stash. THANKS GUYS!!

More choices.
    If lovin you is wrong, I don't wanna be right

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by azepicriderandrunner
    does this work for you
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/21639023

Can you read it
    Im new at this Chad
    I need to ride more and work less.

mtbr member
    If I make sedona....this is the ride I want to do and I've done it before so I should be great help getting us lost. =)
    b

Elitest thrill junkie
    I'll do this ride.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    JP throws his nuts in this can

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by zul
    Perfect!! I hope you don't mind, I've added this ride to:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/poll.php?do=s...ts&pollid=2532

Maybe you could swing into the Bean before the ride to pick up any Caffeine Junkies? This will be a great loop!! Relaxed pace and likely the first to tap into the Beer stash. THANKS GUYS!!

More choices.
    Hey, wait a minute! Mr. Zul, I see you overlooked the part of my post where I stated "I am not volunteering to lead a ride." How about I show up around 10, and the first 5-7 who happen to be there and want to tag along are welcome. Any more and I'm handing out Dale maps and saying good luck. Swing by the bean? I would rather that they head out as their own group if that's ok. Didn't you get the memo? I'm a downhiller now

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    JP throws his nuts in this can

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Sounds like a fun ride. I'll be there.

Happy trails

looks like DG is pulled into the mix once again..

Hey, wait a minute! Mr. Zul, I see you overlooked the part of my post where I stated "I am not volunteering to lead a ride." How about I show up around 10, and the first 5-7 who happen to be there and want to tag along are welcome. Any more and I'm handing out Dale maps and saying good luck. Swing by the bean? I would rather that they head out as their own group if that's ok. Didn't you get the memo? I'm a downhiller now
    So it's IGA,10ish then?Psuedo leader
    Not that familiar with some of the trails and routes mentioned and i've been wanting to try some new stuff this time up there.
    What bike to ride? Quasi or the El Rey? Do i dare consider the SS on this ride? Like I said,not sure what to expect.
    Aaron

Just another half mile...
    Here is my GPX file of the Double H loop with Sub Rock added

Quote Originally Posted by azepicriderandrunner
    Last edited by Epicrider; 03-10-2010 at 06:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FATTRAXX
    So it's IGA,10ish then?Psuedo leader
    Not that familiar with some of the trails and routes mentioned and i've been wanting to try some new stuff this time up there.
    What bike to ride? Quasi or the El Rey? Do i dare consider the SS on this ride? Like I said,not sure what to expect.
    H...E would be cool on an SS. nothing super huge on the route, so you could ride the El Rey, but some steep drop ins and at least one over 3 footer to slight up hill lading on HH.

I'll be on my Mach5 not my SS
    b

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Would like to come to an easier paced double H ride. If DG has room for 2 more (myself and friend) would love to join. If not, I can ride with some others but I am only semi-familiar with these routes and would be a lousy leader.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Patrick,

What are you thinking you're looking at as far as time and distance? It sound about right for for three of us from Albuquerque... I, for one, would probably also be up for HO at the end of the ride. Got room? As far as I can tell, you're still saying 10:00 at Bike & Bean.

mb

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    DG,

Love to tag along if you don't mind, esp. since i'm new to mtbr and would love to meet some of you guys.

DL

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Bikefix
    Patrick,

What are you thinking you're looking at as far as time and distance? It sound about right for for three of us from Albuquerque... I, for one, would probably also be up for HO at the end of the ride. Got room? As far as I can tell, you're still saying 10:00 at Bike & Bean.

mb
    [SWAG]

I'm not real sure on distance, but I'd guess it's around 20 miles and, with various stops, will
    take about 4 hours?

[/SWAG]

But as they say, "it's gonna be what it's gonna be."

We'll ride it. We'll love it. It'll be so much fun that we won't give a crap about a clock or an
    odometer.
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicrider
    Here is my GPX file of the Double H loop with Sub Rock added
    Not sure if it's the GPX file or something with my system but the elevation profile was completely jacked in that GPX file so I fixed it, here's the same route with corrected elevation.

click here to download new GPX
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    [SWAG]

I'm not real sure on distance, but I'd guess it's around 20 miles and, with various stops, will
    take about 4 hours?

[/SWAG]

But as they say, "it's gonna be what it's gonna be."

We'll ride it. We'll love it. It'll be so much fun that we won't give a crap about a clock or an
    odometer.

Sounds like a plan- I think that I can sell that!

BTW- if anyone wants anything from the bikefix store (store.bikefix.net), shoot me an e-mail by midday Friday and I'll bring it out... 20% off if you're paying cash money and I don't have to pack or mail it. We've got some awesome Swiftwick compression/recovery socks, wool riding socks and arm warmers. The e-mail address is on the website. See everyone on Saturday- I'm really looking forward to it!

marc

Members who have read this thread: 0