Scottsdale recognized for bike-friendliness- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,237

    Scottsdale recognized for bike-friendliness

    Nice article on Scottsdale's bike lanes, paths, etc.

    Bicycle-friendly Scottsdale earns 'gold' recognition

    Can't say much for the drivers, but I definitely agree and appreciate the infrastructure. As the article points out, it goes beyond bike lanes - my daughter's school had bike-to-school day last week, and it was a blast for her to ride with me to school in the morning and home at night.

    On an additional note, the 2 transportation planners cited in the article - Reed Kempton and Susan Conklu - are the people who I spoke with regarding the Hidden Hills easement closure (http://forums.mtbr.com/arizona/hidde...te-736615.html). They both were very nice and friendly, and its cool to see their efforts get recognized nationally. Thanks Scottsdale Planners for putting our tax dollars to good use!
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  2. #2
    Give it a crank
    Reputation: Mtn-Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,995
    Cool, thanks for sharing!

  3. #3
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,338
    but but but ....snobbsdale is the evil empire to be hated by all. im confused.

  4. #4
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    but but but ....snobbsdale is the evil empire to be hated by all. im confused.
    i've arrived at a more subtle understanding, summarized thusly: great place to live, but full of wankers.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  5. #5
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,338
    I've been a wanker since 1969


    and Tuesday is exotic dancer day at Safeway

  6. #6
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I've been a wanker since 1969


    and Tuesday is exotic dancer day at Safeway
    which Safeway?
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  7. #7
    Fragile - must be Italian
    Reputation: dgangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,308
    Ya...Scottsdale and Tucson have had the "Gold" designation for a few years now. Now if only one (or both) of them can bump up into the "Platinum" category, that would be outstanding.

    It's really nice to see the impact both cities have on cycling in the state.

    For what it's worth -- Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler are all on the list in lower categories. In other words, for a city of 4 million people, we are generally doing pretty well in the "bike friendly" category.

    Now only if we could elect politicians who could earn a "Gold".

    Thx...Doug

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    but but but ....snobbsdale is the evil empire to be hated by all. im confused.
    Something tells me being snobby and being bike-friendly are not mutually exclusive. As a matter of fact, this is just one more thing to be snobby about.

    Although I will say, the folks at the Performance Bikes (if you're into corporations MAAAAAAANNNNNNNN....) in Snobbsdale are a million times nicer and more helpful than those that work at the one on the west side. Not intuitive......but true.......

    Oh yeah....thanks for the open space.....

    Something tell me, if that vote on bike access had gone the other way.....we'd be having a much different thread.....

  9. #9
    Fragile - must be Italian
    Reputation: dgangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,308
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem View Post
    Although I will say, the folks at the Performance Bikes (if you're into corporations MAAAAAAANNNNNNNN....) in Snobbsdale are a million times nicer and more helpful than those that work at the one on the west side. Not intuitive......but true.......
    ?? What ??

    The jokers that run that Scottsdale Performance store are complete a$$holes. They should detonate the entire place and start fresh...

    Thx...Doug

  10. #10
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi View Post
    ?? What ??

    The jokers that run that Scottsdale Performance store are complete a$$holes. They should detonate the entire place and start fresh...

    Thx...Doug
    Hey Doug....how's that boutique bike workin' out for you....I hear it's so fast that you can backpedal out of anything...including previous comments about boutiquey bikes....




  11. #11
    Fragile - must be Italian
    Reputation: dgangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    Hey Doug....how's that boutique bike workin' out for you....I hear it's so fast that you can backpedal out of anything...including previous comments about boutiquey bikes....
    My Asian-made boutique bike? It's working out great -- thanks for asking! Thankfully it's better than my last Asian-made boutique bike -- my old Titus Motolite.

    And if you're curious...mew new Asian-made boutique bike sits pretty comfortably next to my Asian-made Iron Horse, Asian-made Kona, and Asian-made Bianchi.

    Turns out the only "true" boutique bike I own is my Gunnar Street Dog fixie (hand made by Waterford in Wisconsin)...which I've owned for a few years now.

    Wait a minute...so what was your point in asking...?

    (BTW -- you know I love you guys...just having some Thursday morning fun)

    Thx...Doug

  12. #12
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi View Post
    My Asian-made boutique bike? It's working out great -- thanks for asking! Thankfully it's better than my last Asian-made boutique bike -- my old Titus Motolite.

    And if you're curious...mew new Asian-made boutique bike sits pretty comfortably next to my Asian-made Iron Horse, Asian-made Kona, and Asian-made Bianchi.

    Turns out the only "true" boutique bike I own is my Gunnar Street Dog fixie (hand made by Waterford in Wisconsin)...which I've owned for a few years now.

    Wait a minute...so what was your point in asking...?

    (BTW -- you know I love you guys...just having some Thursday morning fun)

    Thx...Doug

    So are you the bike mechanic from Bangkock who called looking for 12 pedal washers for sale?

    Oh....your fixie bike is ugly....




  13. #13
    Fragile - must be Italian
    Reputation: dgangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    Oh....your fixie bike is ugly....
    What? My fixie is a sex machine. No swoopy tubing here...

    Thx...Doug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scottsdale recognized for bike-friendliness-img_1538.jpg  


  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brianc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi View Post
    What? My fixie is a sex machine. No swoopy tubing here...

    Thx...Doug


    IF you only posed it next to your garage or on your couch....then THAT would be sexy!
    b

  15. #15
    Fragile - must be Italian
    Reputation: dgangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,308
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc View Post
    IF you only posed it next to your garage or on your couch....then THAT would be sexy!
    Sorry B...but my modeling agency doesn't allow me to post sexy pics of myself online without proper authorization...


    Thx...Doug

  16. #16
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,237
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem View Post
    Something tells me being snobby and being bike-friendly are not mutually exclusive. As a matter of fact, this is just one more thing to be snobby about.

    ............

    Something tell me, if that vote on bike access had gone the other way.....we'd be having a much different thread.....
    you may be on to something. Snobbiness in Scottsdale is not like east-coast old-money class-system snobbiness (i saw waaaaaaaaaay too much of that in college). Its more a combination of self-absorption and status symbol fixation. Its a fine line between being busy, motivated, and proud vs. tuning out your decency and being totally vapid. Most people in Scottsdale are pretty nice 1-on-1. But something about being in impersonal environments like their cars or the gym brings out the peacock in a lot of people. The 'competitiveness' is much more intense than in Mesa where I used to live. I don't care for the posing, but its nice to have neighbors who keep up their houses and are employed, support parks and libraries and such.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  17. #17
    Fragile - must be Italian
    Reputation: dgangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,308
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    I don't care for the posing, but its nice to have neighbors who keep up their houses and are employed, support parks and libraries and such.
    It's also nice to have 40-something neighbor MILFs who keep their bodies in tip top shape and like to show them off...

    ...but I digress. This thread was about bike friendliness...not ogling thy neighbor.

    Thx...Doug

  18. #18
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,237
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi View Post
    It's also nice to have 40-something neighbor MILFs who keep their bodies in tip top shape and like to show them off...

    ...but I digress. This thread was about bike friendliness...not ogling thy neighbor.

    Thx...Doug
    m'eh. barely worth the headaches.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chongoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I've been a wanker since 1969


    and Tuesday is exotic dancer day at Safeway
    I knocked the false teeth out of a retired exotic dancer with an elbow when she was taking too long in line at a Scottsdale Safeway.

  20. #20
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,338
    well done by you !! elbow toss

  21. #21
    Fragile - must be Italian
    Reputation: dgangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,308
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    m'eh. barely worth the headaches.
    Headaches? Those ladies are about as headache-free as the female gender gets.

    Oh wait...nevermind. Nothing to see here. Please move on.


    Thx...Doug

  22. #22
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,237
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi View Post
    Headaches? Those ladies are about as headache-free as the female gender gets.

    Oh wait...nevermind. Nothing to see here. Please move on.


    Thx...Doug
    clearly, you've never dated a hot girl


    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

Similar Threads

  1. Bike Rentals/Scottsdale
    By Cospie in forum Arizona
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
  2. Scottsdale 2/2 - - Bike rental? / ride?
    By bullymadison in forum Arizona
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 03:56 PM
  3. Scottsdale bike rentals and trails
    By Gruzovik in forum Arizona
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 12:58 PM
  4. Coming to Scottsdale in April - need a bike
    By johnmre in forum Arizona
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 02:26 PM
  5. New Performance Bike in Scottsdale
    By dgangi in forum Arizona
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 10:59 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.