Scottsdale man arrested in trailhead burglary- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Scottsdale man arrested in trailhead burglary

Punk...

Meatbomb
    Must be a big problem if the police are staking out the trail heads.

skilldest©
    bait car at work?

sandbagger
    looks like they may have rubbed his face in the dirt
    V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by airmiller44 View Post
    Probably just tweeker sores...

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    what when was this I saw a bunch of cops at tempe town lake on saturday with police tape and the whole 9 what happened?

Meatbomb
    put down the pipe and read the article.... no where near town lake.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    spot on with the tweaker sores. man, that guy looks like he is as good at personal hygiene as thievery.

Ridin bikes is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by airmiller44 View Post
    We can only hope.....
    Better than most, not as good as some.

Give it a crank
    Somebody's bike could be one of those "other" stolen items they also found. Good catch.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Glad they got the POS.

"No Clue Crew"
    Oh hell. I knew this was gonna happen.

Guys, this man is Grave9. I always thought he looked like a tweaker but hated to admit it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite39 View Post

Guys, this man is Grave9. I always thought he looked like a tweaker but hated to admit it.
    I thought it was Phillbo...
    -boom

Meatbomb
    I don't have that much hair .

live long and huck

We'll see if his tech skills serve him well in the joint. Elbows up, weight low, a$$ back as far as he can get it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Where do I find the artical phillbo

Meatbomb
    click on the link in the OP.....

mtbr member
    There was a similar problem at the Fantasy Island trailhead in Tucson. Its a logical place for a thief to hit. Trailheads are often in isolated areas and when you leave your car the thief knows you are going to be gone a long time.

Its important to not leave anything valuable in your car, especially visible. I Pods, phones, GPS, back pack, bike, watch, wallet, nice sunglasses, etc. If a thief sees that stuff sitting on your car seat, you will come back to a broken window and no stuff.

mtbr member
    I have found the best way to stop lurking thieves is to make eye contact. Several times at trailheads, I will see someone who just looks out of place. He doesn't look like he rides, he isn't wearing anything remotely looking like hiking/walking gear. No water with them etc. (yes I know, that we get lots of idiots who show up at the trails like this with the only intent seeming to be plucked off the mountain by the Phoenix Firebird lol).

EYE CONTACT- I make it with everyone- should they be there or not. It lets them know you that you have identified them. Guilty people don't like being ID'd. I have even bird dogged the hell out of them to include following them up the trail when they try to act like they belong there. If they do, they don't care that I am watching or think I am a creep-who cares. It won't stop everyone-but...

If we all made eye contact, acknowledged or even said hi to everyone you see on the trail- at worst you drive a thief away or at best you represent the MTB community. The cops don't have the resources to protect trailheads. They are our trails, let's protect ourselves. This also works with the Bush Monkeys who like to hang out around Dreamy Draw and Sodomy Gulch.

Also- for the unitiated- don't leave anything in your car. I even leave mine unlocked since I would rather they open the door and see nothing than break a window to do it. Glad they caught this guy. And keep the ranger number in your phone- contact them when ever you see anything out of the ordinary.

Here are some numbers:
    Papago/Camelback/Dreamy Draw/Piestewa/40th St: 602 261-8318

North Mountain/Shaw Butte/Lookout/Deem Hills/Sonoran Preserve: 602 262-7901

South Mountain: 602 262-7393

Rio Salado Habitat Area: 602 262-6863

Administration: 602 495-5458
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    whats a bush monkey? all the google results just compare the former president's facial expressions to chimpanzees...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    I have found the best way to stop lurking thieves is to make eye contact. Several times at trailheads, I will see someone who just looks out of place. He doesn't look like he rides, he isn't wearing anything remotely looking like hiking/walking gear. No water with them etc. (yes I know, that we get lots of idiots who show up at the trails like this with the only intent seeming to be plucked off the mountain by the Phoenix Firebird lol).

EYE CONTACT- I make it with everyone- should they be there or not. It lets them know you that you have identified them. Guilty people don't like being ID'd. I have even bird dogged the hell out of them to include following them up the trail when they try to act like they belong there. If they do, they don't care that I am watching or think I am a creep-who cares. It won't stop everyone-but...

If we all made eye contact, acknowledged or even said hi to everyone you see on the trail- at worst you drive a thief away or at best you represent the MTB community. The cops don't have the resources to protect trailheads. They are our trails, let's protect ourselves. This also works with the Bush Monkeys who like to hang out around Dreamy Draw and Sodomy Gulch.

Also- for the unitiated- don't leave anything in your car. I even leave mine unlocked since I would rather they open the door and see nothing than break a window to do it. Glad they caught this guy. And keep the ranger number in your phone- contact them when ever you see anything out of the ordinary.

Here are some numbers:
    Papago/Camelback/Dreamy Draw/Piestewa/40th St: 602 261-8318

North Mountain/Shaw Butte/Lookout/Deem Hills/Sonoran Preserve: 602 262-7901

South Mountain: 602 262-7393

Rio Salado Habitat Area: 602 262-6863

Administration: 602 495-5458
    I would add that if you really suspect someone, and they have a vehicle, note the license plate number. If you come back and your sh*t's gone, at least you will have a suspect.

Registered Bike Offender

Kinda messed up he's a fellow mtb'r.
    "Grab life by the bars"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    whats a bush monkey? all the google results just compare the former president's facial expressions to chimpanzees...
    I actually lifted that from a friend who is gay when I asked years ago (pre-Bush II) what was up with the creepers at the parks. Bush Monkey was the term he and his friends used to describe the usually not gay men who perused the parks looking for some action. As a side note, a park worker in Glendale I met clued me in on another thing, the dudes backed into a parking spot (in thier car you sickos) hanging out were trolling monkeys too. That is why some city parks in Glendale have signs saying "No Backing into Parking Spaces".

**Reminder- those terms are not to be considered gay bashing. I have lots of close friends and family who are gay/lesbian. Most of the creepers/bush monkeys I have been told by multiple sources, including law enforcement, that a great majority of these men are married, consider themselves straight and/or are perverts etc. I think they are just conflicted and maybe can't or won't reveal there true tendencies. Some also are true creeps. Anyone remember the dude at Papago who nabbed a young boy at the ponds there while fishing with his family?

Anyway-to get back on topic (sorry for the hijack), glad they caught a criminal in the act!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I actually lifted that from a friend who is gay when I asked years ago (pre-Bush II) what was up with the creepers at the parks. Bush Monkey was the term he and his friends used to describe the usually not gay men who perused the parks looking for some action. As a side note, a park worker in Glendale I met clued me in on another thing, the dudes backed into a parking spot (in thier car you sickos) hanging out were trolling monkeys too. That is why some city parks in Glendale have signs saying "No Backing into Parking Spaces".

**Reminder- those terms are not to be considered gay bashing. I have lots of close friends and family who are gay/lesbian. Most of the creepers/bush monkeys I have been told by multiple sources, including law enforcement, that a great majority of these men are married, consider themselves straight and/or are perverts etc. I think they are just conflicted and maybe can't or won't reveal there true tendencies. Some also are true creeps. Anyone remember the dude at Papago who nabbed a young boy at the ponds there while fishing with his family?

Anyway-to get back on topic (sorry for the hijack), glad they caught a criminal in the act!
    I just heard about this issue in the last week. I though I had noticed some weirdos around the Dreamy Draw lot recently. I have since made sure I park head in all the time now. Bush Monkey is a new term to me though.

Meatbomb
    Bush Monkey was the term he and his friends used to describe the usually not gay men who perused the parks looking for some action.

LOL... if they are looking for that kind of action, they're gay.

Meatbomb
    Also- for the unitiated- don't leave anything in your car. I even leave mine unlocked since I would rather they open the door and see nothing than break a window to do it.
    Same here ... nothing worth more than a phone charger is left in my truck and it's always unlocked. The one time it did get broken into the idiot jimmied the lock anyways when he did not need to. He got probably $8.00 in change I throw in the door and a jimmy buffet CD. I wanted to put a straight edge razor blade in the door panel for the next one

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Same here ... nothing worth more than a phone charger is left in my truck and it's always unlocked. The one time it did get broken into the idiot jimmied the lock anyways when he did not need to. He got probably $8.00 in change I throw in the door and a jimmy buffet CD. I wanted to put a straight edge razor blade in the door panel for the next one
    Those Parrotheads can't help themselves........

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Must be a big problem if the police are staking out the trail heads.
    Trai heads have been popular for years for thefts. The hawes trail head was hit more then a few times as well as behind walgreens. Don't leave anything valuable in your car the time the got my truck the alarm scared them off before they dug too far to find the custom stereo but they still got my bike toolbox with its 10yr collection of bike stickers on it and the faceplate to my stereo.
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner:nono:

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fast29er View Post
    Kinda messed up he's a fellow mtb'r.
    I was just kidding, it's not Grave9. Grave9 is definitely a stand up guy.

The guy in the photo looks like he has more charisma and better riding skills than Grave9 for sure, though.

live long and huck
    I was just kidding, it's not Grave9. Grave9 is definitely a stand up guy.

The guy in the photo looks like he has more charisma and better riding skills than Grave9 for sure, though.
    Some of those lines Grave9 takes kinda makes you wonder if he is stoned though.

mtbr member
    That's pretty interesting. So it looks to me like he had some kind of business problem last October, maybe lost his business? Then gets caught tapping in to the neighbros gas line cuz his was shut off, and now caught being a low life thief. Going down the tubes fast!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    cstem: good stuff, especially like that Bush Monkey one! Your disclaimer is good too..........now maybe the cops can bait a Bush Monkey thief with lube left in an open car or maybe some HGTV vids left on the seat? Oh well, back to the topic...........................

No Clue Crew
    **Reminder- those terms are not to be considered gay bashing!
    You're only gay bashing when calling yourself a [email protected] on your own video. There's no excuse for that...

I was just kidding, it's not Grave9. Grave9 is definitely a stand up guy. The guy in the photo looks like he has more charisma and better riding skills than Grave9 for sure, though.
    Hell, you've got more riding skills than G9...

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Some of those lines Grave9 takes kinda makes you wonder if he is stoned though.
    Oh, definitely. Stoned or stupid. Then he pulls them off...

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post

Hell, you've got more riding skills than G9...

HAHA !! Yeah, Grave9 sucks so bad that even I have better riding skills !

Wait... WHAT ???

Thank you Cstem for my first laugh of the day -

"I have found the best way to stop lurking thieves is to make eye contact."

Are you a super hero, or did a thief actually tell you that you looking at him/her changed his/her mind about robbing you?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself Your points are valid, and make sense to me, but it is still funny

While on this topic, I find it amusing when I back the truck in at DD to get creepy eye contacts from dudes sitting in their vehicles. If I park next to AzDog I'll usually drop the visors and throw the wipers out.
    I ride the ShortBus to school.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swmpthng View Post
    Thank you Cstem for my first laugh of the day -

"I have found the best way to stop lurking thieves is to make eye contact."

Are you a super hero, or did a thief actually tell you that you looking at him/her changed his/her mind about robbing you?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself Your points are valid, and make sense to me, but it is still funny

While on this topic, I find it amusing when I back the truck in at DD to get creepy eye contacts from dudes sitting in their vehicles. If I park next to AzDog I'll usually drop the visors and throw the wipers out.
    Not sure if you are just jabbing me but... I make eye contact with everyone. You never know if they are a potential friend or foe. Potential friend- you'll never know if you don't try. Potential foe- lurking crooks do not like to be noticed. Once they are, they will leave. Long story shorter, when in the Marines a group of us were trained in covert operations for our job with a Secret Service agent as the instructor-that's where I learned it so I guess take it for what it's worth.

There is nothing tough about looking another human in the eyes, saying hi, or doing something else to acknowledge they are there. If nothing else you make a friend I am always amazed what I find with eyes and ears wide open even though I am sure I have creeped out a few innocent people who just don't like to be noticed!

Yea, I was just messin' with you, bro I couldn't agree more about your points on making eye contact with people. It's one of the most effective ways of avoiding an accident in a vehicle, when and if both parties are close enough for it. I was however, right about one thing. Covert ops Marine = Super Hero. I know, because I was merely a snipe on FFG-61.
    I ride the ShortBus to school.

live long and huck
    OoRah!! cstem.

mtbr member
    Semper Fi! Maybe we can pool our resources, buy some bad ass paint ball guns with pepper spray balls. I'll do intel and ID the thug, Swamp can knock 'em down from afar while wearing an old Klein MTB as a Gillie Suit and Optimus can swoop in and use the poor dudes body as a tech section. We get Big-O Mike to film and edit it and then sit back and enjoy. Just that thought made my morning today, being unemployed isn't all bad!

live long and huck
    Back in the fall, my wife and I were doing some hiking out at Picket Post, we were the only car in the TH. We were maybe 3/4 of a mile into the trail, I looked back for some reason and saw somebody by our car. I immediately hauled a$$ back to the TH, found the guy lacing up his hiking shoes, just so happened that where he was parked was not visible from where we were on the trail and when I saw him he was heading back from the bathroom. Oh well, I got a little bit of extra exercise that day.
    Low and slack.

Members who have read this thread: 0