Occidental Tourist

and on the sabbath he rode...

....and it was good. went to somo for sunday morning service. the difference between Sat and Sunday was like good and evil.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

Occidental Tourist

amen

I got to telegraph and thought I was out of water in my pack but it was all ice so I was still good. wanted to ride Alta since i'd only seen it on C2C death marches. it was nice - short but nice. then it was back up the road to BV and back to Pima Cyn.
    And where to go after such a great service? eat of course! at a little place I learned from durtgirl -mmm chorizo and eggs
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by YuriB; 07-11-2005 at 06:32 AM.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

mtbr member

Day of Rest

Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    ....and it was good. went to somo for sunday morning service. the difference between Sat and Sunday was like good and evil.
    I am pretty sure that God created some mountains specifically for mountain biking or at least for our enjoyment. The day of rest was a gift to keep us from working all the time, and to allow us time to remember the one who created everything.

Nice pictures.

John

I railed it like Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by wezzhead
    I am pretty sure that God created some mountains specifically for mountain biking or at least for our enjoyment. The day of rest was a gift to keep us from working all the time, and to allow us time to remember the one who created everything.

Nice pictures.

John
    I'll second that. Nice pics Yuri- Thanks.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

MFC
    mtbr member
    I got to telegraph and thought I was out of water in my pack but it was all ice so I was still good. wanted to ride Alta since i'd only seen it on C2C death marches. it was nice - short but nice.
    You sure you rode Alta? From those last pictures and your description of the route, it looks and sounds more like Ranger.

Occidental Tourist
    Quote Originally Posted by MFC
    You sure you rode Alta? From those last pictures and your description of the route, it looks and sounds more like Ranger.
    Right you are - good call. I coulda sworn the signs said Alta...I'll have to look at my pics again tonight. Funny cuz I know where Alta is...maybe it was hotter than I thought on Sunday

Saucy Size
    Right you are - good call. I coulda sworn the signs said Alta...I'll have to look at my pics again tonight. Funny cuz I know where Alta is...maybe it was hotter than I thought on Sunday
    Heck, it was hot in Flagstaff on Sunday. Hot enough that I had my first real-live bonk in five years.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

Occidental Tourist
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    Heck, it was hot in Flagstaff on Sunday. Hot enough that I had my first real-live bonk in five years.

p.
    That bad huh?
    I think I was done with my ride when you were starting yours...
    I've got a new anti-bonk food - saladitos, mmmmmm salty goodness

mtbr member

agree

I discovered those bad boys (saladitos) last year when riding over the top of Mt. Lemmon. When I was at the little grocery store in Oracle, I saw the saladitos bought some and they were awesome. Now, I keep a bag around for during and after rides.

Occidental Tourist
    Quote Originally Posted by scanjok
    I discovered those bad boys (saladitos) last year when riding over the top of Mt. Lemmon. When I was at the little grocery store in Oracle, I saw the saladitos bought some and they were awesome. Now, I keep a bag around for during and after rides.
    I actually ate a ton of them when I was a kid (growing up in the barrio a block from Jerry's Lee Ho Market you eat all kinds of strange stuff) but it never occured to me to use them for anti-bonking. Hmm I wonder if tamarindos would help.....

Saucy Size
    That bad huh?
    I think I was done with my ride when you were starting yours...
    We started riding around 10:30 or so. Felt really good all the way to the top of Sunset, felt pretty good at the top of Jedi, then started feeling really demoralized and unambitious about attempting the numerous log rollers. Took a 15 minute nap at the top of Weatherford, and then fell apart coming down Lookout/Ricochet/Hotshot/whatever you want to call it. Couldn't keep the bike going at speed...heck, I babied it down Schultz for heaven's sake.

They say even a bad ride is pretty good (like pizza, sex, etc.), but yesterday had me wondering.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

Scott in Tucson

Nice

That's my kind of Sunday service. Thanks for the pics.

Seems like I've seen that blue bag somewhere before, though...

Members who have read this thread: 0