Ripmo or Mojo 3 for Sedona?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Ripmo or Mojo 3 for Sedona?

Which would be better for Sedona assuming you have a choice of either and have no real preference between 29 and 275? Won't be riding the double blacks, mostly just blues and blacks (no Hangover, Hiline, etc). Decent rider but older so not interested in extreme exposure/ER visits. Maybe there's not enough fast/open spaces to take advantage of the 29" wheels? Or maybe the 29" wheels roll over the rocky sketch and wheel catchers better? Having a hard time deciding which to take out there in a couple weeks...
    Yeti SB100
    Ibis Ripmo
    Ibis Ripley LS V3
    Ibis Mojo HD4
    Pivot 429SL
    Pivot LES SS
    Some bikes with skinny tires

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by BmanInTheD View Post
    Which would be better for Sedona assuming you have a choice of either and have no real preference between 29 and 275? Won't be riding the double blacks, mostly just blues and blacks (no Hangover, Hiline, etc). Decent rider but older so not interested in extreme exposure/ER visits. Maybe there's not enough fast/open spaces to take advantage of the 29" wheels? Or maybe the 29" wheels roll over the rocky sketch and wheel catchers better? Having a hard time deciding which to take out there in a couple weeks...
    You might want to call Fat Tire Bike on Jordan Rd. in Sedona they are the largest IBIS dealer in Arizona.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade2 View Post
    You might want to call Fat Tire Bike on Jordan Rd. in Sedona they are the largest IBIS dealer in Arizona.
    You don't have an opinion? I was trying to get opinions from all available sources.
    Yeti SB100
    Ibis Ripmo
    Ibis Ripley LS V3
    Ibis Mojo HD4
    Pivot 429SL
    Pivot LES SS

Low speed, High Drag
    I'll let you know later this week!! Previously only been to Sedona on a 29'er. Last ride was a Mach 429. Taking my Transition Scout up this week to try it out. It's 27.5 wheeled.

I ride mostly the same trails, but we'll hit Mescal every now and then. The Pivot did good up there, and I have no complaints, other than I climb slow, and got the wagon wheel flop all the time!!

I don't think you'd regret taking either bike.
    I need a cool saying to put here.

Rocks belong
    Lots of square edge rocks in Sedona, so I would lean towards 29er. Minimal sustained climbing and not much high speed or rowdy descending... Don't need for all of the travel of the RipMo.

An Evil Following would be perfect there
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

Elitest thrill junkie
    Mojo3 for sure. If you were going bigger, like highline, hangover, etc., then you could maybe use the Ripmo, not necessary, but if you "like to huck" it'd be worth it. Without that, Mojo 3 will eat it all up. I was a little under-gunned doing those trails on my 429SL at the time of the Whiskey Off Road race. A 120mm fork and bigger tires would have helped immensely, but a 130mm bike like the M3 is damn near spot-on for Sedona.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    You don't have an opinion? I was trying to get opinions from all available sources.
    My opinion is that the best choice would be a Pivot Switchblade 27.5 with 2.8Ē Minions front and rear. Your original question was kind of stupid really.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Stupid question, stupid answer. Guess weíre even now. Thanks, mate.
    Yeti SB100
    Ibis Ripmo
    Ibis Ripley LS V3
    Ibis Mojo HD4
    Pivot 429SL
    Pivot LES SS

mtbr member
    My opinion is that the best choice would be a Pivot Switchblade 27.5 with 2.8Ē Minions front and rear. Your original question was kind of stupid really.

The Switch ALWAYS has an opinion. Even when he doesn't understand the question. From a non-answer, to missing the point of the question, to a tantrum. That's a diplomatic triple, Mr. Ambassador. Well done!
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Yeti SB100
    Ibis Ripmo
    Ibis Ripley LS V3
    Ibis Mojo HD4
    Pivot 429SL
    Pivot LES SS

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Mojo3 for sure. If you were going bigger, like highline, hangover, etc., then you could maybe use the Ripmo, not necessary, but if you "like to huck" it'd be worth it. Without that, Mojo 3 will eat it all up. I was a little under-gunned doing those trails on my 429SL at the time of the Whiskey Off Road race. A 120mm fork and bigger tires would have helped immensely, but a 130mm bike like the M3 is damn near spot-on for Sedona.
    Thanks. Good info.
    Yeti SB100
    Ibis Ripmo
    Ibis Ripley LS V3
    Ibis Mojo HD4
    Pivot 429SL
    Pivot LES SS

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by veloborealis View Post
    The Switch ALWAYS has an opinion. Even when he doesn't understand the question. From a non-answer, to missing the point of the question, to a tantrum. That's a diplomatic triple, Mr. Ambassador. Well done!
    Yes, it's lovely to be insulted indirectly AND directly so early in the morning...
    Yeti SB100
    Ibis Ripmo
    Ibis Ripley LS V3
    Ibis Mojo HD4
    Pivot 429SL
    Pivot LES SS

mtbr member
    Do you only ride in Sedona? The Ripmo is definitely intended to be ridden downill so if don't see yourself riding more aggressive and/or high speed terrain at all maybe the better question is Mojo 3 vs Ripley?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rynomx785 View Post
    Do you only ride in Sedona? The Ripmo is definitely intended to be ridden downill so if don't see yourself riding more aggressive and/or high speed terrain at all maybe the better question is Mojo 3 vs Ripley?
    No, I'm visiting in a couple of weeks for a few days. I also ride in TX, Seattle, Park City, Colorado, etc. I have access to a Ripley LS as well, would that be better than the Ripmo or Mojo 3 since you brought that up?
    Yeti SB100
    Ibis Ripmo
    Ibis Ripley LS V3
    Ibis Mojo HD4
    Pivot 429SL
    Pivot LES SS

mtbr member
    No, I'm visiting in a couple of weeks for a few days. I also ride in TX, Seattle, Park City, Colorado, etc. I have access to a Ripley LS as well, would that be better than the Ripmo or Mojo 3 since you brought that up?
    Better is definitely relative there but the Mojo 3 compares to the Ripley better than it does Ripmo as they are both short travel trail bikes where the Ripmo is a mid travel enduro bike. Ripmo seems like over kill based on how you described your riding.

As far as 27.5 vs 29 goes, I prefer a more poppy/fun/playful bike so my nod goes to the Mojo 3.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Better is definitely relative there but the Mojo 3 compares to the Ripley better than it does Ripmo as they are both short travel trail bikes where the Ripmo is a mid travel enduro bike. Ripmo seems like over kill based on how you described your riding.

As far as 27.5 vs 29 goes, I prefer a more poppy/fun/playful bike so my nod goes to the Mojo 3.
    Thanks for the info. My riding is generally decently fast and I'll usually ride most anything, I just don't need catastrophic consequences at my age (60 next year) for a mis-placed tire or cleat that is in no position to want to release on some of those seriously exposed sections of the H's. I can take full advantage of the Ripmo in the PNW and Deer Valley where the other 2 are just not nearly as much fun.
    Yeti SB100
    Ibis Ripmo
    Ibis Ripley LS V3
    Ibis Mojo HD4
    Pivot 429SL
    Pivot LES SS

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Having ridden the Ripmo n the Mojo3 and having ridden Sedona for 20+ years I would definitely recommend the Ripmo. Even the blue/black trails Secret, Thunder mt, Llama, chicken point have a lot of bigger ledges and the Ripmo takes less effort to get thru them. Yes lots have people have ridden these trails on hardtails, I even did some on fully ridged but it's a lot more fun on a great pedaling mid travel 29er

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. My riding is generally decently fast and I'll usually ride most anything, I just don't need catastrophic consequences at my age (60 next year) for a mis-placed tire or cleat that is in no position to want to release on some of those seriously exposed sections of the H's. I can take full advantage of the Ripmo in the PNW and Deer Valley where the other 2 are just not nearly as much fun.
    Okay so I was approaching it from the wrong direction. The HD4 is a better comparison to the Ripmo than the Mojo 3. I love my HD4. I chose the HD4 over the Ripmo for the same reasons I stated in my last post about 27.5 vs 29.

mtbr member
    Ripmo or Mojo 3 for Sedona?-hd4-pickle.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    B like I said previously the bike of choice would be the Switchblade. You say your only 60 and you have access to a number of cool bikes. We are all envious of the bikes you could bring to Sedona to ride the wimpy trails. I am 69 and do just fine on all the triple Hís on the Switchblade. Why not bring all the Ibisís that you have access to so you wonít end up having made the wrong choice.
    Last edited by Switchblade2; 10-10-2018 at 05:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Thanks again for another great idea! You are so helpful!
    Yeti SB100
    Ibis Ripmo
    Ibis Ripley LS V3
    Ibis Mojo HD4
    Pivot 429SL
    Pivot LES SS

mtbr member
    Iím not too far behind you in age and definitely prefer 27.5 bikes in Sedona. That being said, I ride all those ďHĒ trails every trip. I feel the 27.5 set-up reacts better to the quickly changing terrain features out there, especially on the Hogs trail system. Iíve ridden a Tallboy, Tallboy LT and my Primer out there so have some 29er experiences as well. I just preferred my 5010. Iíll be taking the new SB5 out there in December. Iíd take the Mojo 3,
    2019 Yeti SB5C
    2018 Intense Tracer
    2017 Intense Primer

mtbr member
    I have ridden Hiline on a 26" HT. It is better on a bigger bike, but it not that bad really. The steep chute is tough, but can be walked and that is only short section of a very good trail. Don't discount it for that.

29" wheels are good at sedona to deal with a lot of rocky step up ledges. I have found that 29" wheels go up steps better than 27.5 due to the rollover. Now of the bikes in my stable I will bring my 27.5 SC 5010. Why? it is my 5" travel bike with a dropper post and is good for playing around on the rockier bits. Heck I can think I can clean the Hiline chute on that. Last time I got about 75% and chickened out in a few spots. Where the bigger wheels help are the step up moves. My two other bikes are more XC. SS 29HT and FS Epic. The Epic is really good all over and climbs really well, but is not ideal if I want challenge myself on the descents. If I am looking to ride west sedona and the more mellow trails at more speed then Epic is perfect. If want to play on tech I will bring the 5010. Now I might like a 5" 29er instead of the 5010, but it simply not in the budget.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    I have ridden Hiline on a 26" HT. It is better on a bigger bike, but it not that bad really. The steep chute is tough, but can be walked and that is only short section of a very good trail. Don't discount it for that.

29" wheels are good at sedona to deal with a lot of rocky step up ledges. I have found that 29" wheels go up steps better than 27.5 due to the rollover. Now of the bikes in my stable I will bring my 27.5 SC 5010. Why? it is my 5" travel bike with a dropper post and is good for playing around on the rockier bits. Heck I can think I can clean the Hiline chute on that. Last time I got about 75% and chickened out in a few spots. Where the bigger wheels help are the step up moves. My two other bikes are more XC. SS 29HT and FS Epic. The Epic is really good all over and climbs really well, but is not ideal if I want challenge myself on the descents. If I am looking to ride west sedona and the more mellow trails at more speed then Epic is perfect. If want to play on tech I will bring the 5010. Now I might like a 5" 29er instead of the 5010, but it simply not in the budget.
    Thanks, Joe. Good info. Howíre those wheels workin out for you?
    Yeti SB100
    Ibis Ripmo
    Ibis Ripley LS V3
    Ibis Mojo HD4
    Pivot 429SL
    Pivot LES SS

mtbr member
    Thanks, Joe. Good info. Howíre those wheels workin out for you?
    Love them! Light and stiff and tough emogh that I don't worry about them when riding. Thanks so much.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

Closekids.com
    29er 120-140 front travel...matching back.
    But you can easily do 100 front and back if you are staying on greens and blues.
    Me to my riding buddy, "Want to ride this afternoon?"
    Him, "I can't. I have to chop this guys foot off at 2".

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I'm on a HD3 (27.5) and its been a great match in Sedona. Been riding there for 25 yrs. I've ridden both Ripmo and M3 (plus other brands/models)- both will work great there, but I feel if you prefer the lesser technical trails, the Ripmo will float like a butterfly. I feel that for the switchbacks and more tech like Highline where lifts get you through some rough stuff, the 27.5 bikes with shorter wheelbases make the trails 100% achievable and fun. Either way - you will have a great time. I'll be there tomorrow on my HD3.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Well, the Mojo 3 was stellar last week in Sedona. The perfect blend of wheel size and travel for the trails we rode. We stayed off of Highline and Hangover but the Hogs stuff and Thunder Mountain is pretty technical as well and the M3 handled it all perfectly. Thanks for the good tips from some of you guys, I had an absolute blast riding there.

Oh, and we saw a guy that was with a group on a Switchblade who was hell-bent on blocking our van on the way up the road to the Mescal area near a construction zone. My guide says that guy always shows up on guided rides and makes fun of the riders in the tour. Wonder if it was the same guy who gave me such friendly advice above? lol
    Yeti SB100
    Ibis Ripmo
    Ibis Ripley LS V3
    Ibis Mojo HD4
    Pivot 429SL
    Pivot LES SS

Meatbomb
    Probably Fail Cock......Did he ask you a bunch of questions?

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Well, the Mojo 3 was stellar last week in Sedona. The perfect blend of wheel size and travel for the trails we rode. We stayed off of Highline and Hangover but the Hogs stuff and Thunder Mountain is pretty technical as well and the M3 handled it all perfectly. Thanks for the good tips from some of you guys, I had an absolute blast riding there.

Oh, and we saw a guy that was with a group on a Switchblade who was hell-bent on blocking our van on the way up the road to the Mescal area near a construction zone. My guide says that guy always shows up on guided rides and makes fun of the riders in the tour. Wonder if it was the same guy who gave me such friendly advice above? lol
    B good to hear you had a good time in Sedona. Itís a very special place to ride. Traildoc has spent thousands of hours doing trail improvements to make a fun user experience for mountain bikers.

Let us know if you ever come back to ride. We have a bunch of new trails that will start being constructed this coming Thursday. What a Country!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Thanks! Hope to be back at least annually.
    Yeti SB100
    Ibis Ripmo
    Ibis Ripley LS V3
    Ibis Mojo HD4
    Pivot 429SL
    Pivot LES SS

mtbr member
    B good to hear you had a good time in Sedona. Itís a very special place to ride. Traildoc has spent thousands of hours doing trail improvements to make a fun user experience for mountain bikers.

Let us know if you ever come back to ride. We have a bunch of new trails that will start being constructed this coming Thursday. What a Country!
    Transcept on Saturday. How awesome is that?

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Transcept on Saturday. How awesome is that?
    Rockman the whole Sedona adoption of userbuilt trails is pretty amazing. I donít know of any other area that the user created trails have dominated the overall creation of new system trail additions. Itís been a true joy seeing what is possible. The PROCESS is chugging right along nicely. What a Country!

mtbr member
    Rockman the whole Sedona adoption of userbuilt trails is pretty amazing. I donít know of any other area that the user created trails have dominated the overall creation of new system trail additions. Itís been a true joy seeing what is possible. The PROCESS is chugging right along nicely. What a Country!
    Maybe so but it hasn't all been a bowl of cherries. Transcept has been closed to mtn bikes for 6 years. Same for Catwalk and that might never be adopted. If not for the marketing and exposure we'd probably still be riding Tomahawk, Damifino, Brewpub, Lavitra, and Killer Bee. All closed to bikes. The PROCESS takes it's victims as well don't you think?

Ripmo all the way. I'd rather be over-biked than under-biked in Sedona any day of the week. Not that the Mojo 3 is that under-biked but the more travel that pedals decently the better for anything advanced.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Maybe so but it hasn't all been a bowl of cherries. Transcept has been closed to mtn bikes for 6 years. Same for Catwalk and that might never be adopted. If not for the marketing and exposure we'd probably still be riding Tomahawk, Damifino, Brewpub, Lavitra, and Killer Bee. All closed to bikes. The PROCESS takes it's victims as well don't you think?

Ripmo all the way. I'd rather be over-biked than under-biked in Sedona any day of the week. Not that the Mojo 3 is that under-biked but the more travel that pedals decently the better for anything advanced.
    Rockman my understanding is that when they went to adopt Hangover they checked there maps and realized it was next to an AZ Cypress Study Area that only 15 people are allowed in each day. We all know that they will never study the AZ Cypress trees because if they did they would see all the AZ Cypress trees grow much faster next to all those abandoned trails.

Originally when the Sedona Wilderness was created that Study Area was forgotten about. Then someone realized the screw up and made a Study Area to limit the total users in that area.

I canít wait to see all the Western Gateway trails get adopted. It is always rewarding to see the PROCESS moving forward.
    Last edited by Switchblade2; 11-06-2018 at 10:26 PM.

The .05 percent

Loose lips sank Tomahawk. RIP

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj View Post
    Loose lips sank Tomahawk. RIP
    Fond Memory

mtbr member
    Fond Memory

So what trail at the end was the Forest Service reviewing? Was it ever adopted? Hard to follow along with you guys that have personally experienced the history of Sedona's trail system.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    So what trail at the end was the Forest Service reviewing? Was it ever adopted? Hard to follow along with you guys that have personally experienced the history of Sedona's trail system.
    Ry we are not sure what you mean by reviewing? Now that Trancept is being brought back into a system status anything is possible. Now you can double up the enjoyment of the Hiline ride with an out and back ride on Transcept which is a totally different ride, then drop down the backside of Hiline to Baldwin.

Hiline has always been the number one challenging ride and with the addition of the Transcapt segment it will skyrocket in popularity. Thanks to Plumber Phil and the Phantom Sedonaís status in the World Class category will even climb higher.

The Sedona Bike Festival shuttle to Yavapai Pt. or Red Rock Crossing will be very popular this year. You have to wonder if Red Rock Crossing will get adopted in the near future? That trail has been around for at least 600 years. What a Country!

mtbr member
    Ry we are not sure what you mean by reviewing? Now that Trancept is being brought back into a system status anything is possible. Now you can double up the enjoyment of the Hiline ride with an out and back ride on Transcept which is a totally different ride, then drop down the backside of Hiline to Baldwin.

Hiline has always been the number one challenging ride and with the addition of the Transcapt segment it will skyrocket in popularity. Thanks to Plumber Phil and the Phantom Sedonaís status in the World Class category will even climb higher.

The Sedona Bike Festival shuttle to Yavapai Pt. or Red Rock Crossing will be very popular this year. You have to wonder if Red Rock Crossing will get adopted in the near future? That trail has been around for at least 600 years. What a Country!
    The description of the video you posted said, "The last clip is of a trail the FS will be reviewing for potential adoption in the future."

Obviously an old video but I was just curious if the FS had generally been open to adding trails in the area over the last few years.

mtbr member
    The description of the video you posted said, "The last clip is of a trail the FS will be reviewing for potential adoption in the future."

Obviously an old video but I was just curious if the FS had generally been open to adding trails in the area over the last few years.
    The last clip is from Hangover. Unfortunately all the other trails in that vid were closed and naturalized in 2013. If you really want the back story here's just one of many threads. http://forums.mtbr.com/arizona/sedon...ry-838712.html

mtbr member
    The last clip is from Hangover. Unfortunately all the other trails in that vid were closed and naturalized in 2013. If you really want the back story here's just one of many threads. http://forums.mtbr.com/arizona/sedon...ry-838712.html
    Thanks Rockman.

mtbr member
    Well, that was an interesting read. lol

So, how many social or illegal (whatever you want to call them) were closed? Were any of them able to to be made official?

My problem with the Forest Service is they agency with pretty much limitless power over public lands and they answer to know one. An agency that in charge of public lands should be ran by an elected official. More importantly, the Feds have no business owning the amount of land that they do in the Southwest.

mtbr member
    Well, that was an interesting read. lol

So, how many social or illegal (whatever you want to call them) were closed? Were any of them able to to be made official?

My problem with the Forest Service is they agency with pretty much limitless power over public lands and they answer to know one. An agency that in charge of public lands should be ran by an elected official. More importantly, the Feds have no business owning the amount of land that they do in the Southwest.
    If the state owned the land it probably would have been sold off for development long ago so consider that. Anyhow, politics aside the answer to your question depends on what part of Sedona you talking about. More than a dozen wildcat trails have been adopted. Some were closed and then re-opened with reroutes. Others will never be adopted, primarily because they were located in an area of resource concern like the Casner Canyon Special Study Area, some were just poorly aligned (like Tequila Sunrise) and others that make total sense (like Cakewalk) but are not being considered for reasons unknown.
    Last edited by rockman; 11-08-2018 at 12:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    If the state owned the land it probably would have been sold off for development long ago so consider that. Anyhow, politics aside the answer to your question depends on what part of Sedona you talking about. More than a dozen wildcat trails have been adopted. Some were closed and then re-opened with reroutes. Others will never be adopted, primarily because they were located in an area of resource concern like the Casner Canyon Special Study Area, some were just poorly aligned (like Tequila Sunrise) and others that make total sense (like Catwalk) but are not being considered for reasons unknown.
    This is the list of trails that were user created and have been adopted: Adobe Jack, Airport Loop, Anaconda, Ant Hill, Bandit, Canyon of Fools, Chuck Wagon (aka: Lost Watch, Touron, Gunslinger), Coconino, Crusty, Easy Breezy, Grand Central, Hangover, High on the Hog, Hiline, Hog Heaven, Hogwash, Lama, Lower Lizardhead, Made in the Shade. Mescal, Plunge, Ramshead, Special Ed, Shorty, Sketch, Slim Shady, Snake, To Long Canyon and Under the Radar.

Trails to be adopted under Western Gateway Project: Western Civilization, Last Frontier, LedgeíníAiry, Transcept, Upper Necessity, Drano, Easy Rider, Girdner, Broken Arrow and Templeton.
    Last edited by Switchblade2; 11-08-2018 at 06:37 PM.

mtbr member
    This is the list of trails that were user created and have been adopted: Adobe Jack, Airport Loop, Anaconda, Ant Hill, Bandit, Canyon of Fools, Chuck Wagon (aka: Lost Watch, Touron, Gunslinger), Coconino, Crusty, Easy Breezy, Grand Central, Hangover, High on the Hog, Hiline, Hog Heaven, Hogwash, Lama, Lower Lizardhead, Made in the Shade. Mescal, Plunge, Ramshead, Special Ed, Shorty, Sketch, Slim Shady, Snake, To Long Canyon and Under the Radar.

Trails to be adopted under Western Gateway Project: Western Civilization, Last Frontier, LedgeíníAiry, Transcept, Upper Necessity, Drano, Easy Rider, and Cakewalk (maybe).
    Cakewalk isn't included in any preferred action at the moment but I hope it get's in.

Templeton was never built by the FS and was user created. Same as Little Horse and Broken Arrow. All were trails user built in the late 80s or early 90s and then incorporated into the system with realignments. In fact I have a hard time recalling any trails "officially" built by the FS in the 90s or early 2000s except for Herkenham and Huckabee.

The entire system with the exception of a couple of trails in the last decade has been user-built. Quite the legacy for the Sedona trail builders.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Cakewalk isn't included in any preferred action at the moment but I hope it get's in.

Templeton was never built by the FS and was user created. Same as Little Horse and Broken Arrow. All were trails user built in the late 80s or early 90s and then incorporated into the system with realignments. In fact I have a hard time recalling any trails "officially" built by the FS in the 90s or early 2000s except for Herkenham and Huckabee.

The entire system with the exception of a couple of trails in the last decade has been user-built. Quite the legacy for the Sedona trail builders.
    Thanks for the clarification. I think parts of Girdner were also user created. Now they are going to do a 4.3 mile reroute starting tomorrow. What a Country!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the clarification. I think parts of Girdner were also user created. Now they are going to do a 4.3 mile reroute starting tomorrow. What a Country!
    Yep, Girdner got burned in from what is now the cultural center to the intersection with Rupp in the mid 90s. The north end of Girdner was there in the late 80s when I started riding Sedona.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    FWIW, my buddy who is older, but an incredible bike handler, who lives in Sedona, and who rides several times a week, can't wait to get his hands on a Ripmo.

He won't shut up about the six inches of travel.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by myt1 View Post
    FWIW, my buddy who is older, but an incredible bike handler, who lives in Sedona, and who rides several times a week, can't wait to get his hands on a Ripmo.

He won't shut up about the six inches of travel.
    Yeah those older riders need that extra travel

Saw a Ripmo today at Absolute Bikes in VOC. And of course you can rent one at Fat Tire in uptown.