Riding Weekend plans- Mtbr.com
    Dave

Riding Weekend plans

ANyone riding this weekend? Sedona, Prescott, Tucson?????
    I need to ride more and work less.

wretch
    We're considering a maiden voyage up to Sedona or perhaps Prescott. . .depends on the weather (im in either way) the lady isn't such a fan of it.

Dave
    Weather, oh yeah i forgot it was supposed to rain. You and your wife ride? You look for steep vertical on your big squishy bike, or do you just ride XC? We ride ride mostly XC, I'm running on a Dosniner with 80mm up front and about 50mm out back, wife has 100mm F&R on her Trek Fuel EX8. We've done Sedona a number of times. Everything close to the Bell rock area mostly.

mtbr member
    Ry-Daddy has proposed the inaugural CPR ride.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by u2metoo
    Ry-Daddy has proposed the inaugural CPR ride.
    Yes I saw that. I'm a little tired of SoMo at the moment. We (wife and I) went back to Sunrise and Bell passes this past Monday, for a nice 7 hr ride. She made it up and over both. The weather will really make it or break it.
    How have you been? I see you went skiing the last weekend. We went snowshoeing this past weekend in Flag.

wretch
    Quote Originally Posted by liteandfast
    We went snowshoeing this past weekend in Flag.
    Hey where'd ya go? I've got a non snowboardable knee but I'd love to get up in the snow, just not familiar with what would be a good trek out there. . . I know the mtb trails more or less but have no idea about the winter cover. Care to share?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    We (wife and I) went back to Sunrise and Bell passes this past Monday, for a nice 7 hr ride. She made it up and over both.
    Well done!

How have you been?
    Feeling good, but I kinda messed up my timing with the snow. I'd like some freshies, but I won't be heading up.

mtbr member
    Hey TT,

I haven't looked to see what the snow elevation is gonna be, but perhaps Pinal Mt. might get some. Perhaps the Globe ranger office might give an idea if any snow is up on top.

wretch
    U2 thanks, I think i'd rather make a trip out of it to flagg, little bit nicer of a town than globe, . . . it's the ladies birthday this weekend. . . I'd rather not hang out with the critters from "The Hills Have Eye's" (no offense to the Globe folk )

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash
    Hey where'd ya go? I've got a non snowboardable knee but I'd love to get up in the snow, just not familiar with what would be a good trek out there. . . I know the mtb trails more or less but have no idea about the winter cover. Care to share?

Thanks!
    Just off the Rt180 outside of town. When you make the last left at the light (Humpreys Rd?) after going by the park in town, plus another mile or so up Rt180 and we turned left onto a dirt road and went up that til the pipeline got real close then we parked, jumped a fence, and hiked up the pipeline. Sorry can't be more specific. The snow was good on the north side of the road. No powder but still nice and white. I'm a New England boy so it was nice to get back to the snow covered forest for a change. Hope this helps.
    Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0