Too many Sedonuts...

Riding in the land of Oz

Australia, that is. It's almost winter here...50-ish degrees. 85% humidity makes it feel colder. Bummer that I'm going to miss an AZ summer this year.

Caught a few pics today before it really started to rain. Of course, the rain really started coming down as I was at the furthest point in the loop from the car. This is from Lysterfield state park in Victoria, near Melbourne:

The Ti Diva, 9000 miles from home:

Option A, or Option B:

No matter where you are in the world, this view brings joy to my soul:

Didn't Mad Max drive one of these?

More to come...heading out to the You-Yangs tomorrow, the Victorian version of Bootleg, from what I can tell...

-JB
    When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusJoe
    Australia, that is. It's almost winter here...50-ish degrees. 85% humidity makes it feel colder. Bummer that I'm going to miss an AZ summer this year.

-JB
    Hey JB, what are you doing Down Under? Love the pic of the shaggin' wagon.

Kathleen in AZ
    love it! Enjoy your summer down under and be sure to keep us posted with lots of pictures.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I'll gladly pay you tuesday for a VB today!

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    The one place in the world I'd truly love to visit. To bad I don't like flying.

More details on your trip, please.

My other ride is your mom
    Luckeeeee!

!@#$%&!
    That looks awesome! I've been a lot of places in the world (Army) but Australia is somewhere I'd actually LIKE to visit.

We are dodging rattlesnakes and gila monsters out here right now. What kind of nasty critters have you seen or been warned about on the trails down there?

I am Doctor Remulak
    Sweet wagon! Good to see you're getting a chance to ride

Fragile - must be Italian
    Glad you are finally able to get out and ride. I've been to Oz 3 times and never ridden there (once to Melbourne and twice to Sydney). The terrain is pretty damn flat...though Mt Bollard area should have some decent trails since it's the only ski area around.

BTW - that red wagon is a Holden HX from the early 70's. And yes, there were plenty of old Holden's in the Mad Max movies.

Thx...Doug

Too many Sedonuts...
    Well I'm stuck down here for work for 3 more months, and now that I have my bike with me, I should have more opportunity to snap some good pics of local singletrack. Should be a nice contrast to the 100+ degree temps y'all are dealing with now..

Lots of good urban trails, but I'm more interested in the ones further out where there is some actual elevation gain. Will see how that pans out over the next few weeks...
    When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    actually 85% humidity would make it feel warmer...
    in mopstly saturated air, the evaporation rate is slower, and it is the evaporation that causes the cooling on your skin.

moist air also takes longer to heat up and longer to cool down,, that is why you wont have the wild day/night temp differences like you do in the dry desert..

is that red car the same type that the ghostbusters drove?

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusJoe
    Well I'm stuck down here for work for 3 more months, and now that I have my bike with me, I should have more opportunity to snap some good pics of local singletrack. Should be a nice contrast to the 100+ degree temps y'all are dealing with now..

Lots of good urban trails, but I'm more interested in the ones further out where there is some actual elevation gain. Will see how that pans out over the next few weeks...
    hope you and the Diva have fun - just get out man, even if its around town!
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

Members who have read this thread: 0