mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Riding closed section

I was riding the White Tanks Compition trail. I noticed just before getting to the parking lot where there use to be a trail to take a short cut to the parking lot. The park closed it off & put a sign up area closed.
    There was fresh Mtn bike tracks on the trail that is closed. As Mtn bikers we need to be responsible on the trails. Be good stewards. If not well be losing our trails.

No Clue Crew
    Good luck with that. A lot of us are good stewards. The rest are just dicks that do what they want regardless...

There's a thread here somewhere about cheater line shaming. Calling out the losers that can't follow some simple rules and trails.

There will always be jerks ruining it for the rest of us.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    There's a thread here somewhere about cheater line shaming.

Yes, cheater line shaming. ++

TR

banned
    Mar 2018
    They cant close them all and its only closed if you obey

Ahhh the pain....
    I was out at PMP and the trails are so effed that I've started to create new lines.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Agreed. As usual, PMP has been mostly reset. Happens every few years... sometimes a little more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybum View Post
    I was out at PMP and the trails are so effed that I've started to create new lines.
    Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
    I may not be very fast...but I sure am slow!!!

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybum View Post
    Well, shit... I had no idea that after a rain it's a free for all. I wish I would have known years ago...

Meatbomb
    That was more than just a 'rain'. PMP has been reset as mentioned above.

mtbr member
    The main trails are still there at PMP, but many of the old lines on the wider bits of trail are pretty much gone. So you will need to create new lines in places. Not really new trails, but the place is reset. Can't attack the trails like you used to since there are kinds of new "features".
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

No Clue Crew
    This "reset" happens at least once every other year. Sometimes each year and sometimes even a couple times a season. That's not a license to do whatever we want. It's precisely whey so many sections of trail in just the last 6 or so years have gone from single track to a Jeep road.

Yeah, the trails are obviously not sustainable. Making them LESS sustainable by creating your own lines and trails doesn't help the problem. It does help our ego and Strava times so I guess I get it...

Meatbomb
    I'm old and slow so I don't have a strava ego.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    This "reset" happens at least once every other year. Sometimes each year and sometimes even a couple times a season. That's not a license to do whatever we want. It's precisely whey so many sections of trail in just the last 6 or so years have gone from single track to a Jeep road.

Yeah, the trails are obviously not sustainable. Making them LESS sustainable by creating your own lines and trails doesn't help the problem. It does help our ego and Strava times so I guess I get it...
    Alot of PMP is and has been wider than single track trails. And it is good the trail changes. It creates new challenges. Some spots get easier and others harder. When I rode there monday I created zero new trail, but did have to adjust many lines as the "best way through" changed with rains.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    Alot of PMP is and has been wider than single track trails. And it is good the trail changes. It creates new challenges. Some spots get easier and others harder. When I rode there monday I created zero new trail, but did have to adjust many lines as the "best way through" changed with rains.
    Yeah, it's not all single track. I could spend hours out there taking photos of trails where the rain put a bunch of scree in the trail and everyone created lines around it. Some changes are good. Most of 'em are just easy ways to get around a section of trail that got too hard.