Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: metalaficionado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,001

    Riding a bike just plain sucks !

    So I went for a ride today and these headphone wearing aholes would not yield on my climb and the freakin' trail is only like 10 feet wide. I mean what the hell do they want me to do, ride exposure? There is a freaking cactus on a side too.

    And ****ing horsecrap is everywhere, hate the damn horses I mean why do people have to ride horses? And if you bring a dog, leash the beast and don't kick the poop the side. I can still see it and it makes me nauseaous.

    And what the hell is up with these damn cholla balls and thorns everywhere. Why can't someone just that clean that shit up. I pay my taxes where is the clean up crew.

    And these rocks? Some bastard must have put it there. ****ing ******* hikers. I almost ****ing crashed in to a damn cactus on a side. They really should take the damn thing out.

    ****ing rattlers too, can't go 100 miles without running one over. They reaaaallly don't belong in CITY PARKS. THESE are city parks ! HOW MANY CITY PARKS HAVE ****ING RATTLE SNAKES roaming around. Fumigate that shit !

    And why isn't my triple ring compatible with a 11 speed cassette. I really could use that 22-46 for those climbs in Brown's ranch. That place is climb central. They should flatten that shit.

    I wish I had a fat bike with 1600 gram wheels on a full suspension and rearview mirror with dice.

    **** ! Biking SUCKS !

  2. #2
    DFL>DNF>DNS
    Reputation: schillingsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,073
    Sounds like you were running the wrong tires out there...start a new thread for a few suggestions.
    My Two Schillingsworth


    Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zicked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    121
    Tomorrow should only be half as bad.
    Please don't mistake my enthusiasm for mountain biking as an indication of my skill level.

  4. #4
    Ahhh the pain....
    Reputation: Raybum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,494
    Whoa, and I thought "I" was angry.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    518
    The only way from here is up...


    Right?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GR1822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,094
    All of the threads you are hilariously lampooning are what I call White People Problems

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    381
    OP,
    Thank You.
    Like many have said before: its just bike riding, have fun, and don't be a dick.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    130
    First world problems...

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tysonnemb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,090
    “Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world.”
-Grant Petersen

  10. #10
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,290
    You forgot the blue bags of poo...

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: metalaficionado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    You forgot the blue bags of poo...
    Oh yeah, run them over for 10 points.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: metalaficionado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by freeskier46 View Post
    Sounds like you were running the wrong tires out there...start a new thread for a few suggestions.
    Nah, I finally found a set of tires with grip for daaaaaaaayyys for the gnarliest of gnar.

    Riding a bike just plain sucks !-carbide-spikes.jpg

  13. #13
    Addicted to 2 wheels
    Reputation: SugarHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    958
    I am just glad it is not hot anymore. That is heat is just the worst. Why do people live here?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: targnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,802
    I wish the f-ing sun would shine for more than 8 hrs!! I'm f-ing tired of mud all up in my grill!!

    -----------------------------------------------------------
    'Yes! I'm an opinionated Mofo... Next question'.
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,345
    this whole first world thing can be so frustrating.

    All of those poor people in third world countries just don't know how good they actually have it. I envy that simplicity, it seems like it would be so nice if the only real worry every day was figuring out how to find food so you and your child don't starve to death.

    Less can truly be so much more. sigh.....

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11
    I'd put a bell on my bike, but it just weighs sooo much. Why can't people just look behind them and see that i'm riding.

  17. #17
    STEEL IS REAL
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,913
    Quote Originally Posted by metalaficionado View Post
    So I went for a ride today and these headphone wearing aholes would not yield on my climb and the freakin' trail is only like 10 feet wide. I mean what the hell do they want me to do, ride exposure? There is a freaking cactus on a side too.

    And ****ing horsecrap is everywhere, hate the damn horses I mean why do people have to ride horses? And if you bring a dog, leash the beast and don't kick the poop the side. I can still see it and it makes me nauseaous.

    And what the hell is up with these damn cholla balls and thorns everywhere. Why can't someone just that clean that shit up. I pay my taxes where is the clean up crew.

    And these rocks? Some bastard must have put it there. ****ing ******* hikers. I almost ****ing crashed in to a damn cactus on a side. They really should take the damn thing out.

    ****ing rattlers too, can't go 100 miles without running one over. They reaaaallly don't belong in CITY PARKS. THESE are city parks ! HOW MANY CITY PARKS HAVE ****ING RATTLE SNAKES roaming around. Fumigate that shit !

    And why isn't my triple ring compatible with a 11 speed cassette. I really could use that 22-46 for those climbs in Brown's ranch. That place is climb central. They should flatten that shit.

    I wish I had a fat bike with 1600 gram wheels on a full suspension and rearview mirror with dice.

    **** ! Biking SUCKS !
    There, there metal. Let it all out. Have yourself a good little cry. Don't hold it in any longer. This is the time to release your tension. We are here for you.

    BTW, I encountered a 4' rattler in my neck of the woods the other day on a ride. I stopped to check it out. Since it's cooling down now, the snake was very calm. It barely rattled. As it slowly crept away into some dense bushes, I was able to gently pet it's tail. Those are moments I live for.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8
    Dude, go home, pop open a beer, listen to Yanni.




    And............







    relaxation.


    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    DFMBA.org
    Reputation: MTBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,773
    Some days you eat trail, some days the trail eats you. Just go ride the s**t on a SS and it will put everything else in perspective.
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: darth biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    451
    If I can't get my bike generator to power up my 1000w infinity amp and sub I'm going to scrap the freaking thing. It's only a 26r piece of ---- and not good for anything anyhow!

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by couchtater01 View Post
    Dude, go home, pop open a beer, listen to Yanni.




    And............







    relaxation.


    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    So, I tried my own advice, DON'T listen to Yanni. I wanted throw my phone out the window.
    Maybe you should try Rage Against the Machine, you know, something nice and mellow to slow your roll.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: metalaficionado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,001
    I hope this thread delivered a healthy dose of PERSPECTIVE to certain riders.

    The truth is, I rarely have any issues with hikers, horse riders, non-yielding riders, headphones, etc. It's just part of mountain biking like loose trails, rattlers and cacti. Mountain biking is ALL ABOUT DEALING WITH OBSTACLES. If you don't like obstacles, go ride a stationary bike.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: targnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,802
    Having to work, just plain sux! Eats into riding time something chronic... plus the warden has the rewards locked up tight. Can't fart w/o it being put into a spread sheet!?

    -----------------------------------------------------------
    'Yes! I'm an opinionated Mofo... Next question'.
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

  24. #24
    SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Reputation: longhairmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,588
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    Having to work, just plain sux! Eats into riding time something chronic... plus the warden has the rewards locked up tight. Can't fart w/o it being put into a spread sheet!?
    didn't you mean a spread cheek?

Similar Threads

  1. Riding Wet Trails & Why it Sucks.
    By a.d.85 in forum Utah
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 06:49 PM
  2. Mt.Bike Action sucks
    By Ineedmorecowbell in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-07-2014, 08:23 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 08:56 PM
  4. cargo bike or just plain crazy
    By reptilezs in forum Cargo Bikes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-15-2011, 05:59 AM
  5. Riding in breckenridge sucks
    By ripper roo in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 08:48 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.