Riding BCT after rain?

Does anyone have experience riding BCT after a day like today? I was planning on riding the northern section tomorrow, but am not sure how well it handles the rain. Don't think I've ever been on it when it wasn't bone dry.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    BCT after the rain......Air up, the trail is so well routed, it drains real well. Usually no damage either. The broken shale or slate or whatever most of the trail is, holds a tire pretty aggressively. Add in some moisture, your on rails..........

I am usually out there on Sundays but nursing collarbone. Tomorrow will be EPIC.

And don't worry about the river crossings either, I feel this is not enough to raise them to an uncrossable level. But ya never know.

Steve

Got a suspension fork
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

Just another half mile...
    Water may come up by tomorrow depending on how much rain and how fast the snow melts further north. It takes a while for the flows to come down form the north.

As for trail conditions, should be prime tackyness on the southern sections. The north sections may be a different story. For the most part the sections from Crown King road south drain pretty well except for a section just north of the Glorianna TH which has a high clay content and takes a day or two dry up or your tires will clog up. From Crown King Road north to hwy 69, this section has a lot of clay and make for a muddy mess, abd may take a few days to dry up.

Quote Originally Posted by randyharris

Members who have read this thread: 0