Rides Near Karchner Caverns?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Rides Near Karchner Caverns?

I'm camping at Karchner Caverns State Park in a couple weeks and was wondering if there were some mountain biking trails close to the park?

My other ride is your mom

My epitaph
    Watch out for Black Widow spiders. We camped there during a bikepacking trip in 2010. After riding a good part of the day from Bisbee we set up camp right at dusk. When we sat down at the picnic table to eat we saw one through the grate in the table. Upon further investigation we found several nesting in the table legs. We walked around to other sites but all of the tables had them. Cool to look at, but you don't want to get bitten.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    There is a legal singletrack in the park but I haven't ridden it. Have ridden the trail in the Dragoons to the saddle from the east side, west is steeper. Arizona Trail is to the west about 20 miles away near highway AZ83. Riding to the south on the Huachucas by Sierra Vista but you'll need a pass to get on the military base.
    agmtb

eat more dirt
    The Huachuca Mountains are right down the highway. Look for Perimeter Trail, John Cooper Trail or Brown Canyon, to name a few. There are several access points directly off Highway 92. Enjoy!
    It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Members who have read this thread: 0