Ride Report: AES - Coconino 250- Mtbr.com
    DFL>DNF>DNS

Ride Report: AES - Coconino 250

Be warned it's long, but so was the ride. Lots of pics. Grab a cold one & settle in.

Coco 250
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

mtbr member
    looks like a ton of fun and a great adventure. I need to quit reading posts about these events. I still don't have the fitness for 3 hours much less three days plus! Maybe someday..
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

Ahhh the pain....
    Great writeup John! Glad you sherpa'd the camera since it provided the rest of us to see pics. And good thing you ignored my bad advice about the stove...given the chilly weather, a warm breakfast is hard to beat!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    That was a great read, thanks for sharing. I want to do this route at some point, and I found your insight helpful.

You are nucking futs for going down Bill Williams Mt. in the dark,Btw. That trail is more physical than I thought it would be.

I had a Mt. Lion run right in front of me on that trail a few weeks ago in broad day light. That was an eye opener.

mtbr member
    Nice recap as always. However, I'm going to ask you to post an edited version that leaves out any mention of Mingus Mtn or cattle-stomped singletrack. That entire 6 miles made me consider reverting to a vegan diet.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Quote Originally Posted by stevland View Post
    Nice recap as always. However, I'm going to ask you to post an edited version that leaves out any mention of Mingus Mtn or cattle-stomped singletrack. That entire 6 miles made me consider reverting to a vegan diet.
    No joke, I was wishing I still had my FS rig on that garbage!!

SuctionGoat: Thanks & believe me it wasn't our intention to ride/HAB that beast at night!! It sure added to the pucker factor though.
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member
    Solid write-up. Twas an entertaining read. Wish I could have experienced Lime Kiln after a rain. That trail was loose (but fun). I too had the privilege of descending Bill Williams Mtn at night. Saw a skunk on the descent down Bill as well, but he/she sort of spooked me at first so I screamed at it and it chose not to follow me down the trail. Nice job on finishing up the route.

-Mark

Over the Hill
    Excellent thanks for taking the time to write it up. While you all were out on the trail I was in a rented house near the bottom of Schultz Creek Trail enjoying day trips on the AZ Trail in the snow.

Dean

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevland View Post
    No way man! Gotta do your part by eating a hamburger-keep another cow off the streets!
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

Tucson, AZ
    Well done, good read.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    exlnt post,enjoyed it.
    the azt from fr151 is exlnt. and fisher point is awesome. rode b/w mtn about 10yrs ago it was way fun then,hiked up from the ranger station last year and boy is it tore up, cant believe you rode it at night.
    someday i would like to do this ride. btw thanks for the great pictures

mtbr member
    Well done John. Reading your post makes me exhausted! I am dying to do this next year but I need to start riding longer miles!

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Quote Originally Posted by ECEGatorTuro View Post
    Well done John. Reading your post makes me exhausted! I am dying to do this next year but I need to start riding longer miles!
    Thanks Arturo, just start hitting the other AES events, throw in a few long rides on your own & you got it!! AZT300 in April, right?
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member
    Awesome post John, thanks for putting it all together! Man was that a tough 4 days.... Looking forward to doing it again and hopefully making some of the days end in daylight!

Members who have read this thread: 0