mtbr member

Ride Pemberton at MMP Sunday with us!

Join us on Sunday May 16th to do one, two, and even three loops on Pemberton at MMP. A few of us will be starting as early as 6ish and join the other group thats planning on leaving the parking lot (look for blonde braids) around 7 am. . Hope you can make it out there!
    Last edited by Tri-girl; 05-14-2010 at 03:59 AM.

pbnjam
    Mar 2010
    I'm a newb. Where is this?

pbnjam
    Mar 2010
    Never mind. Found it. I'm in Tucson that day so I was looking for something in that area. Have fun!!

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-girl
    A few of us will be starting as early as 6ish
    With a high of 96 on Sinday, I will be wheels down at 4 am. I plan on knocking out a sport/tech/long before the group gets there, if anyone wants to strap on a light and join me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Its too hot for me down here now, If you guys ever want to go up to Prescott, just let me know. I was just gorgeous up there this morning, 65-70 and lots of cumulus clouds.

mtbr member
    i was thinking of trying this but then i remembered the snake encounters thread ...... id cry like a girl if i ran up on a snake
    '10 Rockhopper SL Comp 29er

mtbr member
    Hi Tri Girl.. I am a triathlete/ mountain bike convert also. I would love to do this ride w your group this Sunday.but Im out of town this weekend. Let me know when you plan another like this!
    Jennifer

aka Diesel
    You little brat! I still say you, Rick, and Co. should be joining us for the Double and Triple Sunday, but we'll catch you on the next round. The way my legs are feeling this week, I might just join you guys this Sunday after all. Looking forward to all the riding ahead on the weekends, and by the time Dawn to Dusk comes, we're going to be two blurs flying by. I'll call you to see where you guys end up for grub after the ride tomorrow, if I don't end up on the ride.
    "People do not lack strength; they lack will" (Victor Hugo)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer0401
    Hi Tri Girl.. I am a triathlete/ mountain bike convert also. I would love to do this ride w your group this Sunday.but Im out of town this weekend. Let me know when you plan another like this!
    Hi Jennifer,

Cool the more Chickies out there the betta! We'll have to swap tri stories. I usually post a thread when Im involved with a ride whether its in town or up in the cool country which I will be heading to soon .
    Last edited by Tri-girl; 05-15-2010 at 02:21 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteKis
    You little brat! I still say you, Rick, and Co. should be joining us for the Double and Triple Sunday, but we'll catch you on the next round. The way my legs are feeling this week, I might just join you guys this Sunday after all. Looking forward to all the riding ahead on the weekends, and by the time Dawn to Dusk comes, we're going to be two blurs flying by. I'll call you to see where you guys end up for grub after the ride tomorrow, if I don't end up on the ride.
    Heres he schedule as of now : Rick and I are camping out there so we can jump right on the trail first thing. He will do the competitive loop at 4 then met me at 5 to do one loop or Pemberton. Then we meet the rest of the group at 6:45 in big dirt parking lot. We will then ride pemberton and also might be throwing in coachwhip and scenic loop too..... depending on if we have died yet from the heat. (shouldnt be to bad if we get moving on time).
    So dats da scoop.it's offical..... if you show up then chickies outnumber the dudes......YES! but then again that might be quick to change after this is posted!

Looking forward to finally meeting you and anyone else out there interested in showing up.
    Last edited by Tri-girl; 05-15-2010 at 02:22 PM.

aka Diesel
    Heres he schedule as of now : Rick and I are camping out there so we can jump right on the trail first thing. He will do the competitive loop at 4 then met me at 5 to do one loop or Pemberton. Then we meet the rest of the group at 6:45 in big dirt parking lot. We will then ride pemberton and also might be throwing in coachwhip and scenic loop too..... depending on if we have died yet from the heat. (shouldnt be to bad if we get moving on time).
    So dats da scoop.it's offical..... if you show up then chickies outnumber the dudes......YES! but then again that mightbe quick to change after this is posted!

Looking forward to finally meeting you and anyone else out there interested in showing up.
    I am in a COMA before 6am, but I will be there (along with a few of my can't-live-withouts) and we'll hook up for the 6:45am meet! This will be good times. We're game for whatever, and could likely end up making the trek up to Windgate or Bell, depending on the consensus.

Either way, looking forward to meeting you too, and I can't wait to continue to squeeze you for everything I need to know about entering the world of Tri's! *eep* I'm so excited about this whole new adventure with *gulp* water. Long over-due! I've even chosen my circa 1897 swimsuit! ;-) See you tomorrow morning!

mtbr member
    I am in a COMA before 6am, but I will be there (along with a few of my can't-live-withouts) and we'll hook up for the 6:45am meet! This will be good times. We're game for whatever, and could likely end up making the trek up to Windgate or Bell, depending on the consensus.

Either way, looking forward to meeting you too, and I can't wait to continue to squeeze you for everything I need to know about entering the world of Tri's! *eep* I'm so excited about this whole new adventure with *gulp* water. Long over-due! I've even chosen my circa 1897 swimsuit! ;-) See you tomorrow morning!

You must be a *can't-live-without* of mine too since you're getting me to ride Pemberton AGAIN!

btw, lacy ruffles on you're knee length swimsuit will be HOTT! I approve!
    b

mtbr member
    . Long over-due! I've even chosen my circa 1897 swimsuit! ;-) See you tomorrow morning!
    Ha Ha Ha Yes.... you got the hang of it USAT will DQ your ruffle butt if you dare show any contours though!!

aka Diesel
    Ha Ha Ha Yes.... you got the hang of it USAT will DQ your ruffle butt if you dare show any contours though!!
    (BrianC)- btw, lacy ruffles on your knee length swimsuit will be HOTT! I approve!
    TriGirl- Okay PHEW... thanks. I knew you would look out for me!! No ruffles. Got it!

Brian- I don't know what kind of girl you think I am, but that's just downright lewd and presumptuous to think I would flash so much as an ankle. Take me for the serious athlete I am. Please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ride Pemberton at MMP Sunday with us!-1800swim.jpg  

Need more cowbell
    A couple of us will be out to join you guys around 6:45-7:00....

Maybe I can get Mrs. WhiskersOfDeath to join in to bring up the chick numbers....she had a crash on Lynx Lake/305 in Prescott today and says she needs a day "off", but she may have changed her mind by morning.

mtbr member
    Im brand new and a clyde is this ride ok for beginners?

Need more cowbell
    This is great for beginners.....this was my first trail experience.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskersOfDeath
    This is great for beginners.....this was my first trail experience.
    cool ....... ill give it a try ... ill be heading out that way soon

mtbr member
    A couple of us will be out to join you guys around 6:45-7:00....
    do i pass the visitors center and follow a sign for horse staging are or something?
    ill be the newb with a huge red rockhopper on a cheap trunk rack in a car

mtbr member
    sorry I dropped, I couldnt keep up with you all I need to get my practice on before I try another group run ...

Need more cowbell
    We were running late and pulled into the parking lot as you guys/girls were starting. Maybe next time we can actually be on time....

Meatbomb
    I was going to say ..the trail is great for a beginner but the pace of this group did not like a beginner pace. I'm sure i could not keep up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    I was going to say ..the trail is great for a beginner but the pace of this group did not like a beginner pace. I'm sure i could not keep up.
    they got away from me I went a few more miles and said its too hot out for me so I went back. going back was way more fun being it was more downhill

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboypup
    they got away from me I went a few more miles and said its too hot out for me so I went back. going back was way more fun being it was more downhill

thanks for leaving the note. Rick and Amy waited for you a few times then determined you were going your own thing. but it was very nice to know you had made it out safely. Just keep pedaling and you'll be with riding "fast" in no time.

Great meeting everyone. I had a lot of fun. even if I tried to kill Cenobite39.
    b

aka Diesel
    Fatboypup, It did warm up fast! We kept a fast and furious pace the whole ride, if only to generate a breeze! As Brian said, keep riding, and soon enough you'll be buzzing tires with the fastest of 'em. Glad you made it out safe.

Fantastic to ride with some XC speed demons, old friends and new, and I can't wait for the pictures. I should be honest and say... I am bracing for the pictures. Heh.

aka Diesel
    We were running late and pulled into the parking lot as you guys/girls were starting. Maybe next time we can actually be on time....

Next time honk! We'd have waited!

oooh, shiny...

Next time honk! We'd have waited!
    Not me. I was too busy boiling stuff.

Bring it...

aka Diesel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry-daddy

Bring it...

You went there.
    Now you've done it.
    I'll let they-who-came-up-with-it, have the first round.

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    Great meeting everyone. I had a lot of fun. even if I tried to kill Cenobite39.
    It was a good time and Brian- I'll follow you anywhere. Even if you are trailblazing through Cholla !

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry-daddy
    Bring it...

Now, did you say BOILING or BALLING ?
    PEANUTS or ..............

"No Clue Crew"
    Man, don't feel bad. Those guys were blazing this morning. Keep riding and I look forward to seeing you out again soon !

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite39
    Man, don't feel bad. Those guys were blazing this morning. Keep riding and I look forward to seeing you out again soon !
    heh least i got in the group photo

"Yabut"
    I can't wait for the pictures. I should be honest and say... I am bracing for the pictures. Heh.
    Oh, I have some good ones De'. Once again, I can be "bought".
    Sweet ride everyone. It was great meeting some new faces. Have to do it again soon.

Boiled peanuts. hahaha.
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

"No Clue Crew"

Picture Prelude

It was a fun time today !

Will put more up tonight.

"Yabut"
    Too funny.
    ~Aaron~

www.CosmicRaces.com

Need more cowbell
    We kept a fast and furious pace the whole ride, if only to generate a breeze!

Thank god we were late....

aka Diesel
    It was a fun time today !

Will put more up tonight.
    LOVE it!

Turned out exactly as I'd hoped!
    What good sports!

mtbr member
    LOVE it!

Turned out exactly as I'd hoped!
    What good sports!

"Who's touching my girlfriends A$$!?!?!?"
    b

mtbr member
    It was a good time and Brian- I'll follow you anywhere. Even if you are trailblazing through Cholla !

Watch out. the last guy that followed Chongoman and I on a SoMo ride turned to me and said: "Brian, I used to think you were a cool dude, until you made me ride up this!"

As for the trailblazing.....I should have rode it out. we could have made it!
    b

aka Diesel
    At which point A's hands withdrew into his wrists, like a turtle's head, into it's shell. You don't wanna anger somebody as big as Ceno.

"No Clue Crew"

Who's touching MY A$$ ???

Oh wait, never mind. That's my hand.

mtbr member
    What a B L A S T !!! The ride yesterday morning was full of fun, good laughs, great endurance riding, and the best part was meeting and makning new friends!!!
    Rick and I started out by getting to the trailhead at 5 am and riding it clockwise to buff trail and while heading back to parking lot hit a couple offshoots. believe this...it was chilly enough for me to put on arm warmers (whimp!). We then refueled back at base while everyone was pulling in the parking lot. Great turnout too, 12 showed up for the ride We then took off for a counterclockwise ascent up the trail as a steady stong pace. As we regrouped at the top where the trail turns we took advantage of a break and snapped some cool photos. We continued on Pemberton and forked off on Coachwhip where Deanna showed off her XC climbing skills and lead us to our next break where the downhill began. As we flew back to Pemberton Ryan decided to play footies with a Cholla (he's so kinky!). We got back to the parking lot and after saying bye to some of the riders. We (Rick, Ryan, Aaron,Brian, De and Me) decided that we hadnt quite abused ourselves enough and embarked upon the scenic trail for some more climbing and spectacular views. From that point on... when we summitted, the heat I think was making us delerious and as you can witness in the pics we got a little silly!!! GREAT RIDE EVERYONE THANKS FOR SHOWING UP AND WE'LL DO IT AGAIN REAL SOON
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ride Pemberton at MMP Sunday with us!-sdc10425.jpg  

Ride Pemberton at MMP Sunday with us!-sdc10427.jpg  

Ride Pemberton at MMP Sunday with us!-sdc10430.jpg  

Ride Pemberton at MMP Sunday with us!-sdc10433.jpg  

Ride Pemberton at MMP Sunday with us!-sdc10438.jpg  

mtbr member
    Is this what happens when you drink warm Pepetuem!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ride Pemberton at MMP Sunday with us!-sdc10441.jpg  

Ride Pemberton at MMP Sunday with us!-sdc10442.jpg  

Ride Pemberton at MMP Sunday with us!-sdc10443.jpg  

"Yabut"
    Great photos Amy and Rick. It was great to meet you guys. You are a lot of fun!
    ~Aaron~

www.CosmicRaces.com

"Yabut"
    At which point A's hands withdrew into his wrists, like a turtle's head, into it's shell. You don't wanna anger somebody as big as Ceno.
    I clearly chose the prime body supporting spot.
    ~Aaron~

www.CosmicRaces.com

aka Diesel
    XC climbing skills? Nyet! I was simply pressured into leading, because there was a good chance I would flip a B and head back for the parking lot, if not carefully corralled into more mileage.

As everyone can clearly see, we can't STAND each other, and the day simply DRAGGED by! NEVER AGAIN!

Amy forgot to mention that she YANKED up my baggies and yelled, "SHOW SOME LEG!!!"... LOL! And yes... I think the Perpetuem must have fermented or something, because five more minute of picture-taking, and we'd have done that pyramid idea we'd been floating. Too fun.

Looking forward to more good times like this!

Now for my photo contraband, via Aaron...

Incoming...

aka Diesel
    We ain't got no pride!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ride Pemberton at MMP Sunday with us!-pemb2010.jpg  

Ride Pemberton at MMP Sunday with us!-pemb2010-1.jpg  

Ride Pemberton at MMP Sunday with us!-pemb2010-2.jpg  

Ride Pemberton at MMP Sunday with us!-pemb2010-3.jpg  

Ride Pemberton at MMP Sunday with us!-pemb2010-8.jpg  

Ride Pemberton at MMP Sunday with us!-pemb2010-5.jpg  

Ride Pemberton at MMP Sunday with us!-pemb2010-6.jpg  

"Yabut"
    The CLAW!!!
    ~Aaron~

www.CosmicRaces.com

"Yabut"
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBike'sBroken
    The CLAW!!!
    Oh wait, that's right, it was a "gang sign".
    ~Aaron~

www.CosmicRaces.com

Meatbomb
    i really wish I could keep up... looks like a fun group to ride with.. I may have to try the next one and just drop when I need to.... is it a shame to get dropped when still in sight of the cars

Need more cowbell
    I'll sweep with Philbo.

Meatbomb
    is that legal outside alabama?

Need more cowbell

Dude.....

"No Clue Crew"

Holy crap that's funny !
    I look forward to meeting you on the next one as your sense of humor will definetly be welcome !

Besides, I could use a couple more slow riders to keep me company as I'm bringing up the rear.

mtbr member
    i really wish I could keep up... looks like a fun group to ride with.. I may have to try the next one and just drop when I need to.... is it a shame to get dropped when still in sight of the cars
    if your slow and in no hurry ill ride with ya

mtbr member
    Besides, I could use a couple more slow riders to keep me company as I'm bringing up the rear.

what are you talking about? you were breathing down my neck on the ride.

but yes, we need to regain the love of social MTB rides on the AZ forum. I'll host a SoMo ride soon. be warned, there will be beer, BBQ and pool time after said scorcher ride.
    b

!@#$%&!
    We should get a slow poke group ride together.

"No Clue Crew"
    what are you talking about? you were breathing down my neck on the ride.

but yes, we need to regain the love of social MTB rides on the AZ forum. I'll host a SoMo ride soon. be warned, there will be beer, BBQ and pool time after said scorcher ride.

I was breathing down your neck on the downhills
    That's the easy part......

A SOMO ride with beer, BBQ and pool time ? Hell yeah, count me in !

slow and whiney
    Feb 2010
    +1

My wife leaves me in the dust. Actually, I can keep up and even pass her when the ground is level or downgraded. But when the trail turns upward even a little bit, as it often does, I huff and puff and watch her pedal away. And as long as I'm not being a whiny little *****, she's sweet enough to wait up for me every now and then.

"Yabut"
    I'll host a SoMo ride soon. be warned, there will be beer, BBQ and pool time after said scorcher ride.
    Mmmmmm, beer.
    ~Aaron~

www.CosmicRaces.com

mtbr member
    The CLAW!!!
    We must respect De's sensitivity due to her genetic inheritance she had no control over
    Attached Images Attached Images  

aka Diesel
    We must respect De's sensitivity due to her genetic inheritance she had no control over
    Thank you Amy... you, are a true friend.

Aaron brought back bad memories from the school yard days. That's what they used to call me.

PEOPLE ARE SO CRUEL!!!

But... now you've gone and embarrassed me even MORE. Because that picture was taken BEFORE my gender-reassignment surgery.

"Yabut"
    Yes, I'm sorry. What was I thinking? I am a cruel, and insensitive person. I am sorry to mock her disability. (But it would still be tasty dipped in butter).
    ~Aaron~

www.CosmicRaces.com

aka Diesel
    Yes, I'm sorry. What was I thinking? I am a cruel, and a insensitive person. I am sorry to mock her disability. (But it would still be tasty dipped in butter).
    (Must!Resist!Commenting!)

"Yabut"
    (Must!Resist!Commenting!)
    LOL!!
    ~Aaron~

www.CosmicRaces.com

mtbr member
    Attached Images Attached Images  

aka Diesel
    Okay, really?

So good, once wasn't enough? You had to post this TWICE in the same thread? Make sure everyone sees it? Bad enough, you out-me, with this picture... but it HAD to be the one where my shorts are riding up? I'm starting to doubt our friendship.)

"Yabut"
    Yes, I'm sorry. What was I thinking? I am a cruel, and insensitive person. I am sorry to mock her disability. (But it would still be tasty dipped in butter).
    Mmmmmmm, butter.

Name:  TheClaw.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  24.7 KB
    Last edited by MyBike'sBroken; 05-17-2010 at 10:44 PM.
    ~Aaron~

www.CosmicRaces.com

mtbr member
    Okay, really?

So good, once wasn't enough? You had to post this TWICE in the same thread? Make sure everyone sees it? Bad enough, you out-me, with this picture... but it HAD to be the one where my shorts are riding up? I'm starting to doubt our friendship.)
    yeah it really seemed like i ws trying to hit home huh! Not sure why the double posted, must have been a double clicker....heck im still figuring out how to log in!

"No Clue Crew"
    Mmmmmmm, butter.

Oh man, it is too early to be laughing this hard !

That's hilarious

aka Diesel
    Mmmmmmm, butter.

Now would be a good time to get your affairs in order, Aaron.
    Dead Man Riding!!!

"Yabut"
    Now would be a good time to get your affairs in order, Aaron.
    Dead Man Riding!!!

Why are there black sedans parked out in front of my house? And men, in dark sunglasses, talking into their hands?
    ~Aaron~

www.CosmicRaces.com

aka Diesel
    Why are there black sedans parked out in front of my house? And men, in dark sunglasses, talking into their hands?
    Who cares?
    I'd be more worried about the Harley riding knuckle-draggers standing behind you.

Members who have read this thread: 0