Reddinton pass ride with tusconmtb- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Reddinton pass ride with tusconmtb

So nine of us showed up this morning for the reddington pass ride, It was a little warm, but at least the ride was long and grueling. After 4 hours we were ready to get done. 5 flats, no crashes, a side trip to chiva falls And frog hollow swimmin hole highlighted the ride. I scored a delicious budweiser from an atv'er in the parking lot! Tucson mtb is a great place to find local group rides, with several rides each week
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    My dog is better than your dog.

14D
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Twas a good ride, nice pics too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

split

Turned out to be a great decision to split from the group and head to the road. Within 200 yards of reaching the road the rider with me cramped, Mike I think. An quad rider stopped and gave him an ice cold 20 oz drink which helped. I hitched a ride on a pickup headed up the road to the Staging Area and got his truck, drove back loaded the bikes and we were on our way down. If he'd cramped on that long ramp in the back country it would have been a major hassle.
    The cramping prevented us from having to climb some of the hardest road, too, something I was not looking forward to doing.
    Lesson learned, use electrolites in your water.
    The Core Cooler did help. Not once on the ride did I really feel hot, even though I was sweatting just as much. I'll use it more for summer rides.
    agmtb

Members who have read this thread: 0