red rock passes at morgan?- Mtbr.com
    slower than you

red rock passes at morgan?

anybody,

is there a machine to buy a day pass at the sub-rock trailhead at the east end of morgan road? been years since i parked there, but planning an easy rally spot for a pal driving up from phx for a first-time-in-sedona-ride who will need a 1 day pass.

otherwise, if no passes are available at morgan, where would you recommend i tell him to stop in VOC or elsewhere on the way to morgan/sub rock to purchase a pass.

thx!
    "May your trails be winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey
    http://rockychrysler.com/

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by rockychrysler
    anybody,

is there a machine to buy a day pass at the sub-rock trailhead at the east end of morgan road? been years since i parked there, but planning an easy rally spot for a pal driving up from phx for a first-time-in-sedona-ride who will need a 1 day pass.

otherwise, if no passes are available at morgan, where would you recommend i tell him to stop in VOC or elsewhere on the way to morgan/sub rock to purchase a pass.

thx!
    we hit a Circle K on the way into town where you go through lots of Traffic circles
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

slower than you
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    we hit a Circle K on the way into town where you go through lots of Traffic circles
    10-4. good call.
    "May your trails be winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey

mtbr member
    May 2007

Can't see the forest through the fees?

anybody,

thx!
    Rocky, You don't need no stinkin' badges, or passes as it were,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,still have not heard of one Red Rock Citation holding up in court, have you? ,,,,,,,,,,,,my 2 cents

slower than you
    Quote Originally Posted by elrancho66
    Rocky, You don't need no stinkin' badges, or passes as it were,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,still have not heard of one Red Rock Citation holding up in court, have you? ,,,,,,,,,,,,my 2 cents
    no.

but i finally, after like 10 years (or whatever) of poaching finally broke down and bought one... hard to poach a good hike with your 5-year-old from jordan road or bashas lot... plus there's the whole 'daddy's getting nabbed by the cops again' thing, which gets a little tiresome... eventually she's gonna be old enough to remember these incidents, ya know.

bland
    F-em

mtbr member
    i got one parked in a handicapped spot with a valid HC dangler { i am an incomplete para, i was going to handcycle AZ cypress trail/dawa } and they did not give a damn, i was still ticketed. i guess you could fight it if you had the time.............*and* wanted to go to Georgia {if i remember correctly, it may have been Texas} but the ticket said i had to appear there, pay the fine, or have a warrent issued.......the issue could not be resolved at the VOC headquarters. - Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    its been a while, but the last time I was up there a local told me that they have alot of big talk about it going on your perminant record but they said it was my high school record and didn't matter anymore. They said that they will give you a ticket and if you choose to pay it they will cash the check but otherwise nothing would happen if you didn't pay it?

I don't think the forest service is going to send a deputy to your place to have you served or arrested.
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner

I ride with tools

is there a machine to buy a day pass at the sub-rock trailhead at the east end of morgan road?
    Anytime I have ever parked at one of these places, I've left a note on my dashboard saying " I'm a taxpaying US citizen and these are public lands. Fvck your permit system".

Never had a problem.

Members who have read this thread: 0