DFL>DNF>DNS

Queen's Ransom Bikepack: March 3-6

What: 4 day / 3 night 215 mile bikepacking loop with ~17k of elevation gain.
    When: Starts at 7:00a Friday March 3rd, ending sometime around 5p-ish on Monday March 6th.
    Where: East Valley trail systems & beyond. (Hawes, Usery, Goldfields, Lost Dutchman, Gold Canyon, AZT: Picketpost to Kelvin, Area52 & San Tan Regional)
    Who: Anyone who can handle 60 mile days, knows how to use a GPS and can be self-sufficient in the backcountry.

*This is NOT a group ride, this is a self-paced event, but we'll regroup at camp each night. Hopefully people will ride together in small groups, but don't be surprised if you end up solo.*

More details & map are on the Trailforks Events page.

GPX file can be downloaded here. (Scroll to the bottom, there's a button on the lower right)

What to bring? Water filter, some cash for entrance fees to the Regional parks ($2 ea.), plenty of food and a sense of adventure!!

Here's last year's ride report

Post up with any questions.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

is the course marked?

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Quote Originally Posted by dtownmtb View Post
    is the course marked?
    It was. I had all these nice 'QR' signs posted, then some disgruntled trail users started pulling them down. Weak. It's ok, you do know how to use a GPS, right?

The good news is, there will be a margarita & donut SAG wagon on day 3....
    My Two Schillingsworth

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Ah-haaaa, you changed your user name!
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Ah-haaaa, you changed your user name!
    It was time. What gave it away?
    My Two Schillingsworth

Addicted to 2 wheels
    What time do you think the group will roll by my house? I know it is early in the trip, but if it works out, I will ride with you for a bit or give you guys some bacon or whiskey.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarHigh View Post
    What time do you think the group will roll by my house? I know it is early in the trip, but if it works out, I will ride with you for a bit or give you guys some bacon AND whiskey.
    Assuming things get rolling on time, 7a, I would think we'd be riding that paved stretch up towards Diamond Point around 10a. Keep an eye on the SPOT tracker!! That would be super cool Shawn.
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member
    Are you still planning Stagecoach ITT the following weekend?

I may be able to do Stagecoach now but I can't do anything earlier in the month. Would probably do an ITT as well, but starting from home.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Hoping to make it again though I may need to combine the last two days together because of time constraints. For those on the fence, it really is a fun route with a great bunch of like minded individuals.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Are you still planning Stagecoach ITT the following weekend?

I may be able to do Stagecoach now but I can't do anything earlier in the month. Would probably do an ITT as well, but starting from home.
    Yeah, Stagecoach 400 is a GO on the 10th, not the revised 17th. Are you going to make it over for the 300 in April? That's going to be a nice ride trifecta: QR, SC400 & AZT300. 3 rides & about 950 miles!!

Sean, that would be cool if you could make it again. You can make the final 2 days in one push, especially if you bypass Area52. That's pretty much what I did the first year I did the loop. I think I only had a 6 mile advantage from Camp 2 that year, since we did the whole route in 3 days. I made it back to my house around 8:30p, but you're a much stronger rider than I.
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member
    I am sort of in. I really want to, but might have to watch my daughter that weekend.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Oh goodie! There's gonna be yet another stellar ride pics collection to enjoy coming up.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schillingsworth View Post
    Yeah, Stagecoach 400 is a GO on the 10th, not the revised 17th. Are you going to make it over for the 300 in April? That's going to be a nice ride trifecta: QR, SC400 & AZT300. 3 rides & about 950 miles!!
    I'm in for 300 for sure, maybe more - at least that is what I am planning for right now.

I will see about Stagecoach. I would probably be doing it weekend of the 10th too, but I might start Weds night after work. We'd probably have to ride in opposite directions to meet up!

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I'm in for 300 for sure, maybe more - at least that is what I am planning for right now.

I will see about Stagecoach. I would probably be doing it weekend of the 10th too, but I might start Weds night after work. We'd probably have to ride in opposite directions to meet up!
    Great news about the 300. I'll be doing a little bit more on the 300 as well, not leaving my car at Picketpost. I'll just ride home. It's only another 40 flat-ish miles or so. I may take a nap at Picketpost depending on how I feel & what time I roll in.

I think we're going to do the loop portion of the Stagecoach in the CCW direction. I think that's how it's been going the past couple of years.
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    new to the forums and returning bike rider but would like to join up with everyone for this ride! Never rode 60 in a day but I did run the crown king scramble 50k! Going to work on bike mileage every week and feel it out up till then.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    ATTN: Route has been slightly updated to reflect the changes entering the Gold Canyon trails. Please download the latest version from trailforks.

Queen's Ransom bikepacking route
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Well unlucky me, family wants to go to Cali this week as I found out its Spring Break. Hopefully I get an opportunity to try another ride some time. Looking forward to the pics and have a good time.