mtbr member

A Public Thank You

I just wanted to post and thank Paul B for his gracious hosting of this mornings early ride.

I am from out of town and Paul was nice enough to guide me on a ride at south mountain. His awarness of the surroundings and his analysis of my situation made the ride as plesent as it could have been.

Paul- Thank You for your unselfish guiding and kind nature, it was fun. I hope sometime in the near future I can return the favor. Pencil Bend into your road trip north. It will be worth the extra miles.

I'm not sure if you are much of a beer drinker, but Bend is the mirco-brew mecha, and you can be assured that I will show you the ropes in that regard as well as some amazing trail systems.

Buy his book people.....this guy knows his shitough.

Take Care Paul,

Jason

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Paul is Coool.. And knows the trails...

Quote Originally Posted by BIGfatED
    I just wanted to post and thank Paul B for his gracious hosting of this mornings early ride.

I am from out of town and Paul was nice enough to guide me on a ride at south mountain. His awarness of the surroundings and his analysis of my situation made the ride as plesent as it could have been.

Paul- Thank You for your unselfish guiding and kind nature, it was fun. I hope sometime in the near future I can return the favor. Pencil Bend into your road trip north. It will be worth the extra miles.

I'm not sure if you are much of a beer drinker, but Bend is the mirco-brew mecha, and you can be assured that I will show you the ropes in that regard as well as some amazing trail systems.

Buy his book people.....this guy knows his shitough.

Take Care Paul,

Jason
    Paul is a great guy and is known for knowing the trails... You lucked out by having him guide you... Wish we had him last weekend when our mtbaz (mtbaz.net) group went North. we got slightly lost and even ran into Cosmic Ray who is another well known trail guide around here. He confirmed that we were sort of off track.. Glad you enjoyed AZ while you were here. It's a great place......

Saucy Size
    Had a ton of fun this a.m., Jason! Actually I'm glad we did the ride we did, because today's bit of floor installation has taken all the rest of the energy I had today.

Jason plays a good Huckleberry. Lend him a hand/couch/brew if you bump into him on the trails.

See you in Bend,

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the kind words Paul. See you again soon.

JC

RHRF!

Bend Bound...

Jason -

When are you heading back to Bend? I'm heading up there for a family vacation this Friday (RV'ing it) and the bikes are coming along. We are staying in Sisters and maybe if you're back, we could hook up for a ride. I'm familiar with some of the trails (MRT, Mrazek, Phil's) but I've only scratched the surface of this fine riding area.

Just to let you know my qualifications... I'm a 47 yr old Clyde, I've been riding since '89, currently on a Titus Switchblade, XC rider, no hucking or stunts.

If you think you're interested, just drop me a post in the AZ forum early next week.

Pat
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

mtbr member
    Pat-
    I plan on traveling north to Flag, Sedona, Prescott, GC and the like over the next 7 days. I will be back in Bend around June 24. I will be more than happy to show you around the trail systems if you are still around.

You can also PM my buddy Jefe' (username pinsneedles) and see if he will host a ride for you. Just tell him Jason sent you his way.

If all else fails go to the LBS (sunnyside, west side hutch's, webcyclery) and pick up the NEW 3D map of the bend trail systems. It is a topagraphic map that give you a very good idea of what you are getting into b/c you can actually see the grades, it's pretty cool.

Drive safe. I will PM you when I get home, but don't hesitate to contact Jefe' he would be stooked to host a ride.

Make sure a bring your cold weather gear. The weather is anything but predictable right now and unusually cold for this time of year. However, with this type of weather the dirt is staying firm and the trails are super fast.

happy trails,
    Jason

RHRF!

On A Bender...

Thanks for the info. I believe I will be in Bend until 7/1 and I was planning on hitting all of the shops for the latest 'dirt' on the trail conditions. I'll post up to Jefe' later tonight and let him know when I'm available. I've already packed a LS jersey but it sounds like I may need another one...

I hear the conditions in Flag are excellent right now but I would ride Sedona trails in the morning as it can get a little warm there this time of year. The Little Bear Loop on Mt. Elden in Flag and the Cathedral Rock Loop in Sedona are two of my all time favorite rides.

Take some pics and post 'em to let us Arizonans know how you liked the trails.

RHRF! (Ride Hard, Ride Free!)

Pat
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)