Public Forum, Prescott Mtn Bike Alliance- April 12th- Mtbr.com
    Master Gardener

Public Forum, Prescott Mtn Bike Alliance- April 12th

I am posting this for the Prescott Mountain Bike Alliance. Hope to see you there.

Greg

We are pleased to announce the first public meeting of the Prescott Mountain Bike Alliance.

April 12, 2010
    6:30 PM @ the Prescott College Crossroads Center

This open forum will be your chance to learn more about the new organization, give your feedback, and get involved. If you want to help steer where this thing goes, come speak up. We will use this night to recruit committee members, discuss the direction of PMBA and begin to shape the riding future of Prescott. Beer, too.

As a fitting warm up to the meeting, we will have the inaugural PMBA Group Ride on Sunday, April 11th at Granite Basin. We will meet at the Cayuse parking area at 9:30 AM for a short ride in the sunny pines.

Mark your calendars and tell your friends! (about the beer)

Regards,

Prescott Mountain Bike Alliance Steering Committee

mtbr member
    Cool, its at PC. No bath for me for a week or 2 and I'll fit right in. Ya beer.
    SHITBIRD

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    We also have a surprise announcement to make that night. This on top of free beer. Hard to go wrong here.

mtbr member
    May 2007

Hope to be there

Quote Originally Posted by Velokid1
    I am posting this for the Prescott Mountain Bike Alliance. Hope to see you there.

Greg
    Greg,I am trying to make it down for the meeting, would love to hear what's on the horizon for mt biking in Prescott.

Master Gardener
    Quote Originally Posted by elrancho66
    Greg,I am trying to make it down for the meeting, would love to hear what's on the horizon for mt biking in Prescott.

Great Mark- hope to see you there. I'll buy you a free beer.

Cool, its at PC. No bath for me for a week or 2 and I'll fit right in. Ya beer.
    Only girls take baths. Real men stand up to pee and to bathe. I'm sure it was just a typo.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    FYI - This will be another great opportunity to toss in your two cents regarding what you think Prescott needs or doesn't need in terms of mountain biking.

...and there will be beer. That might have already been mentiond.

SHU
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If you have an opinion on local mountain biking, and most of us do. Show up to this meeting. Have a beer. Share your thoughts. Have a beer. Share more thoughts. Have a beer. Share your REAL thoughts.
    Shu

Master Gardener
    I'm skeered ta share my opinions. I want to be popular.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Maybe the topic of gravity runs, skill parks, etc..... will be mentioned???? Would also be nice to have something on top of or coming off Glassford Hill as we have nothing here in PV. Iron King is a dirt road, not a trail, same as Peavine, although the stuff off Peavine I love!!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tls36
    Maybe the topic of gravity runs, skill parks, etc..... will be mentioned???? Would also be nice to have something on top of or coming off Glassford Hill as we have nothing here in PV. Iron King is a dirt road, not a trail, same as Peavine, although the stuff off Peavine I love!!!!
    There is absolutely room to include such discussions into the mix. Now is the time to bring it up, and this is the place to do it. Hope to see you there and hear what you have to say.

Master Gardener
    tls, I know you gravity guys are probably sick of hearing me say it at this point but there's a really good chance of some gravity and skills stuff happening in Prescott (City pump track, DH runs off the backside of Sierra Prieta are likelihoods, IMO, and I'm rooting bigtime for some gravity trails on Glassford)... but there's no chance of it happening if the gravity crowd doesn't get involved.

For one thing, no land management agency in their right mind is going to build DH/FR trails without the mtn bike community first demonstrating that they're willing to lend themselves to the workforce. Gravity trails are too labor intensive for them to just assume someone is going to take care of them down the road.

So get involved.

See you Monday! I'll buy you a free beer.

mtbr member
    Did someone say " Free Beer"? I am there.
    Cya Monday

Members who have read this thread: 0