PSA: Klymit gear now at Costco...- Mtbr.com
    EDR

PSA: Klymit gear now at Costco...

Just picked up a Klymit Insulated Static V sleeping pad from Costco on Sossaman/US60 (they also have the non insulated version) This version has fantastic reviews at this pricepoint and is much less than the Thermorest stuff. In fact I returned a Prolite Trekker or whatever it was because when I got it home and laid down on it it sounded like it was stuffed with cellophane, just waaay too noisy for me.

They also have the ultralight skeleton versions on hand, a down and a synthetic sleeping bag and some vests. No idea of the quality of the bags but the down was rated at 15 degrees and was reasonably small ($159).

Price for the Static V was the same as Amazon. Perfect timing for me as I just ordered one yesterday on Amazon only to have the seller email me and tell me they were out of stock. Walked into Costo and walahh!

Best of all is Costco's return policy. If anything should ever go wrong it'll be no problem returning it. It's as good as buying from REI.

One step closer to my first bikepack overnighter.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Checked out the pads as the big agnes has been kinda like a pool flotation device and I ain't car visor core yet. The Static v looked like a great value as well I think any 'ol side sleeper would be liking the design. The ultra light was very interesting as well with the inflater up top to to add air @ 3am would be very nice. Klymit Dude said He'd be there till the 25th..Thx for the tip EDR

mtbr member
    So they are not always at Costco just one of those vendors who pimps there stuff for a while?

EDR

Re: PSA: Klymit gear now at Costco...

Quote Originally Posted by 28/29 WIT View Post
    So they are not always at Costco just one of those vendors who pimps there stuff for a while?
    Correct. A lot of stuff at Costco comes and goes. I picked up a pretty kick ass self inflating car camping sleeping pad a while back for 30 bucks. I haven't seen those since.

Javalina. The insulated static v turns out to be very cozy...and quiet. I can lay on my sides easily without my hips hitting the ground. I also put it in my mummy bag no problem but unless it was freezing cold I don't think I could sleep like that. To constricting for me. I'd be digging it though in a big bag...or a stretchy mummy.

SCRUBDUNKER
    Is this a roadshow type thing, then? ONLY at the US60 and Sossaman location?

mtbr member
    I sent a email to Klymit asking if they will be moving around stores. I will post up when I hear something.

mtbr member
    Yeah I saw them in my Costco like 6 months ago

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I have one of the Static V models. Rolls up super small, great for bike packing. And it is indeed very comfy, and I tend to sleep on my sides a lot. Hips never hit the ground. If your looking for a new pad, I definitely give it a thumbs up, especially given the price compared to other similar pads.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 28/29 WIT View Post
    I sent a email to Klymit asking if they will be moving around stores. I will post up when I hear something.
    Any chance you heard back from them regarding other Costco locations? Thank you.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Here is a list of the "special events" at Costco...

http://www.costco.com/wcsstore/Costc...lEvents_SD.pdf

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmike2112 View Post
    Here is a list of the "special events" at Costco...

http://www.costco.com/wcsstore/Costc...lEvents_SD.pdf
    Funny, they list Kinetic vests and sleeping pads. My pad is definitely Klymit, I recognized the x-frame stuff from a mile away. The bags? IDK, I thought the entire display was from Klymit. Maybe it's just a typo or the changed vendors late.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorf View Post
    Any chance you heard back from them regarding other Costco locations? Thank you.
    Nope never heard back. My wife went to Costco this weekend and I asked her to look and she did not see anything and this is the Costco in Scottsdale.

mtbr member
    Klymit emailed me back and they will be in the Scottsdale Costco from Feb 28- March 9th.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll check them out for sure.