mtbr member

Preskittbeerduro

So now that the Whiskey thingy is wrapping up. Chainslap, SugarHigh and I would like to let you know that the Preskittbeerduro is happening on May 28th. This event will also coincide with the Elfreako 50th Bday throw down on the 29th. There will camping available at the Elfreako compound along with the after ride's party. The 28th event will be a mixture of trails from the last years Preskittbeerduro. I'm not sure what Elfreako has planned for the 29th. Come on up! Woohoo .
    SHITBIRD

No known cure
    I'm in.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    HeliMech,

Did I run into you last week while riding up National? You were riding a Rune. We stopped and watched the raging flames on that burning apartment building in Gilbert? I remember seeing the "shitbird" sticker on your Rune.

Anyway, I think myself and a few friends will be checking out the Preskittbeerduro.

mtbr member
    Good to hear guys and girls?????

Track_Master. I had a blue Rune along time ago, but sold it. There are 2 SBs that have the silver Rune, maybe you spoke to 1 of them? Hopefully you spoke to the cool 1 ;-).
    SHITBIRD

Vitamin Bike Added
    Great times and well worth the drive to Preskitt.
    Keep the rubber side down

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I think me and a buddy from Tucson are going to head up for this. Been meaning to go explore some Prescott trails and this is the perfect excuse. Any more info on the route so I can do a little studying?

mtbr member
    The course is still in the works, but...... We will get in these for sure: Up 37, down 40 and up 346 to the last DH stage which is 341/347 to ElFreako's house.
    SHITBIRD

mtbr member
    So if your in for the shindig. PM me your email and I'll get a map and direction's to the meeting place. I'm thinking a meet time of 8AM should be good.
    SHITBIRD

Addicted to 2 wheels
    I am in and crashing out for the night as long as my carpool cohorts can as well.

Heli, Are you going to create an event in the FB page? It is a closed group. We seem to be getting more activity on FB compared to MTBR these days.

Either way, PM sent.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    A week and a half out.

So who is going? This was the best mtb event I have ever done. Phenomenal trails, good people, good vibe, as competitive or not competitive as you want it to be, ... a lot of fun.

RockMan
    Taco
    Cstem
    Dirtbyte
    Douger
    gila monster
    freeskiier46 - a short little spin for you
    Insert

Reasons not to go: (Please add more. Everything needs to be sarcastic here for threads to live right?)

* Mrwhlr has not rsvp'd
    * Too busy vaping
    * Browns Ranch is enough for me
    * Got a sweet road ride planned
    * Prescott riding is over rated
    * I like hot rides in the valley
    * Why ride other places when Trail 100 has it all
    * Can't ride the distance (actually a good excuse)
    * Don't drink beer - 20% of the folks that do Beerduros do not drink (Not a reason)
    * Don't know what a Beerduro is (see below)

Beerduro is about fun group mountain bike rides with a little grass roots racing and beer drinking.

A member of the community will host an event in their local area. There will be 3-9 timed segments that are usually downhill in nature, but they do not have to be. Mulligahns are encouraged to add to the fun and even the playing field (30 seconds time benefit for things like (picked up trash, trail stoke, costume, oldest bike, ...). A timed beer chug (or soda) is usually part of the format and your time is multiplied by 10. Cumulative scores is added up at the end and we all win.

Some type of creative, often tacky award is given to the top time. There are no real rules or leadership in this group. Just some rough guidelines. Events are always no charge, but folks sometimes donate.

Goals are: Good times, bring the community together, fun low stress time trials, checking out new riding areas, and good times.

mtbr member
    8am start time right? I am tentative. I need to see if I can leave town early enough on Saturday to make it. If not maybe I can meet up along the route.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    It is a 9am start. Should be around a 2 hour drive for most. Google will tell you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarHigh View Post
    It is a 9am start. Should be around a 2 hour drive for most. Google will tell you.
    Ok I think I can make it. I will send a PM for details to certain.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

No known cure
    PMsent
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    I'll be getting back from Colorado that weekend. If I get back earlier I'll show up.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

E-bikes are Mountain Mopeds

Addicted to 2 wheels
    A few picks from the shuttle and start view from last years Preskitt Beerduro. Same start location this year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Preskittbeerduro-pduro-start-view.jpg  

Preskittbeerduro-pduro-shuttle.jpg  

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Saturday Weather:
    PHX - High = 96 and Sunny
    Prescott - High = 77 and Partly Cloudy

Check out a cool weather pic from last year:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Preskittbeerduro-pberrduro-2015z.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Tucsonian here, I am interested in this bike get together. Me and a buddy were planning a trip for this weekend anyways. What is the Facebook page for this? I would like to get more info on meeting spots. Also are the trials you have planned downhill enough for a big bike?

Thank you really looking forward to this.

mtbr member
    There is a lot more DH then up, but there is up on this course. Yes you have to pedal in Ptown. A 6" travel bike and lower is perfect. A DH rig can but........ PM me your email address and I can get you the info you need. Come on up.
    SHITBIRD

Addicted to 2 wheels
    On FB, look up Beerduro Arizona and request to join the group. Should give you enough info. We had a couple big bikes last year, but I would say they would be over kill for this course. 25 miles is 25 miles. FS XC or Trail/AM bike would work well. We had folks on SS Rigid too, but he was not happy with his choice.

Send helimech a PM for the address, as it is on private property. Many of us will be camping out there on Saturday night. There will be some rides the following day as well, or you can go choose your own route.

Here is the description form the FB site. Official page for the second annual Preskitt Beerduro hosted by myself and Mike Knowles! This year we are coinciding with Jeff Hemperley's "Burning Jeff" 50th b-day bash and will be staging from his house in Williamson Valley. From there, a shuttle up to the start of the stages south of town. Expect ~25 miles or so with 4000' of descent but still a decent chunk of climbing (~2500' or so?). Eat your wheaties...We will end back at Jeff's house for post ride libations and awards.

Plan on being on the shuttle rigs for a 9:00am departure.

No course map or Strava BS provided. This is moto style enduro with unknown stage check-ins/outs!

Usual mulligans apply, plus awesome trophies provided by Goodwill.

mtbr member
    Looking forward to this event. It will be my first beerduro on a FS bike which is former Beerduro winner (Estrella, bike was at least, not the rider ).
    Joe

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Thanks for the info SugarHigh, looks like all be bringing the AM bike then.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Days away.

Nice drop pic from the Prescott Beerduro General last year. FYI, this is an optional line. (General and Chain, This would make a good mulligan.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Preskittbeerduro-p-duro-general-jump.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarHigh View Post
    Days away.

Nice drop pic from the Prescott Beerduro General last year. FYI, this is an optional line. (General and Chain, This would make a good mulligan.)
    I think it was a mulligan option last year? We'll toss it back again this year.

Should be awesome weather and good times this weekend!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I'm in but my buddy from Tucson can't make it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Anyone in the east valley Gilbert area want to carpool? I'm just heading up Saturday morning and heading back when we're done.

Well, how was it? hated to miss it. what was the trophy this time?
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

mtbr member
    Good event. No snow this time. One trip to the hospital, one use of a tube sock and maxi pad. more crashes than I can count. Plenty of beer consumed. Lots of BS along the way and overall a great day. As for the trophy... Lets just say it is a one of a kind.
    Joe

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    one use of a tube sock and maxi pad.
    Sounds creative.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

It was a hoot. ElFreako getting his freak on.
    And the Maxi pad was a light duty kind, a max flow would've been better
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Preskittbeerduro-elfreako.jpg  

SHITBIRD

Addicted to 2 wheels
    13 of us in the group rode around 25 miles with 9 test sections. The course was changed up a bit form last year and maybe even more fun? Conditions were dry and loose, resulting in a quite a few crashes.

Thank you for the hosting location El Freako and Happy Birthday.

Full Results ranked by stage. Trevor Olson on Test 5 is suspect, but he tossed out his card with his food. Big congrats to Derek Young for taking the top prize, 2nd place! Solid work by Michelle Sexton Falick Overalling the Women's class. Thanks again to Michael Knowles and Geoff Chain.

Ton's of pics on the FB page. I will try to throw some up here later.

Who will host a Flagstaff Beerduro? Who will host a Flagstaff Beerduro?
    Who will host a Flagstaff Beerduro?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Preskittbeerduro-preskitt-beerduro-results-5.28.16.jpg  

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Chainslap did a great job on the 2nd place trophy and a not so good job on his arm. Then pulls off the manual stoppie on the big rock. Obvious trail stoke to Michelle for her creative first aid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Preskittbeerduro-13319734_10209428928390259_9108939018545581092_n.jpg  

Preskittbeerduro-13322073_10209428928510262_4505819148131624682_n.jpg  

Preskittbeerduro-13267844_10209428934070401_3787795831458285860_n.jpg  

Preskittbeerduro-13335695_10209428934590414_1540991005612710903_n.jpg  

Preskittbeerduro-13315258_10209428934990424_5060839671461629208_n.jpg  

Preskittbeerduro-13331004_10209428935030425_1581095149385844325_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Good times at the second annual Preskitt beerduro, minus my incident with a tree stump.

I had my worst wreck to date on a fast section of trail on the third test. Clipped a stump with my pedal hidden in the center of a bunch of new sprouts on the inside of a corner. Never saw the thing but it was like a bomb went off when my pedal hit it. Think it flipped me up sideways in the air then both wheels hit the ground and slapped me down in a high-side fashion on my left side, causing the gouged arm and road rash on my shoulder, legs, and hip. Bars, seat, and levers all twisted. Also bent the rear rotor which I somehow didn't notice until the next day?

Thanks to Michelle's creative first aid I was still able to finish where I was hoping we could get it cleaned up and super glued back together. But the doc at Burning Jeff promptly nixed that idea, and said to get that thing irrigated and stitched. Glad he did since it was full of dirt and likely to get infected...although that hospital bill may make me think otherwise again...ha. Ended up with 10 stitches all in all and likely a good scar later on.

All cleaned up and sutured:

Didn't get a open would pic unfortunately.

If someone wants to do a Flagstaff Beerduro I will assist. I have a route in mind and can host people on 2 acres in good old Baderville. Even have a kegereator and hot tub for post ride recoup.
    Last edited by -Chainslap-; 06-01-2016 at 01:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Yeah... It looked pretty bad to me. Nice job toughing it out for the remainder of the day. Medical costs suck, but better then amputation from infection.
    Joe

That is cool, wish I could have been there. Next year for sure.
    Flagstaff sounds fun, I can help out if needed. I will meet up there and pre-ride routes with whoever. I have some idea's on routes but I'm sure locals have better idea's.
    It would have to wait till after June 20th though.

Members who have read this thread: 0