LDC is ded,deth by trollz
    Nov 2015

Preskitt trails breakdown

What is a breakdown of the different trails in Preskitt? I am heading there for a month or two tmrw.

Do any of the trailheads have water? Or places nearby?
    What are some places to camp and ride?
    What is the best place to start/end the Circle trail?
    If anybody has any gpx files for some good routes that are long and hard please share.
    Are there any regular fast group rides with locals?
    What would be the hardest 4hr ride i could string together thats 3hrs technical climbing and some descending to the next climb?
    What are the most technical trails and the least?
    Any trails better than others for trail dogs?

Any help youre willing to provide is greatly appreciated. If you want to ride just pm me. Thanks

mtbr member
    Do any of the trailheads have water? Or places nearby? - Peavine TH, Whitespar campground, Thumb Butte
    What are some places to camp and ride? - Camp Whitespar and ride or Lynx Lake at ride. Not much disperesed camping around Prescott
    What is the best place to start/end the Circle trail? - I like to start from Peavine TH and hit sun dog first in clockwise direction. Gets the big climes out of the way first
    If anybody has any gpx files for some good routes that are long and hard please share. - Prescott Monstercross AES this year looks tough
    Are there any regular fast group rides with locals?
    What would be the hardest 4hr ride i could string together thats 3hrs technical climbing and some descending to the next climb? Struce Mtn Loop 307 is techy steep climbing and fun moderatly techy descent.
    What are the most technical trails and the least? - Most tech are the Granite Dells. Super crazy tech if you want it.
    Any trails better than others for trail dogs?
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    Water, camping? Add Granite Basin which is just off the Circle Tr. has both.

Good dispersed camping near Thumb Butte just off Thumb Butte Loop Rd. Several nice site but they tend to fill up. No outhouses there so PLEASE take care of your shite responsibly. Rode through there today and found toilet paper everywhere near the start of Tr 333. Great moderately tech trail btw. Decent dispersed camping up Walker Rd above Lynx Lake.
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Look into the PMBA (Prescott Mountain Bikers Alliance) Facebook page. They have a Thursday Night Guys Ride (TNGR) and the day I showed up, there were only 7-8 others and 5-6 of them were fast but two of them were FAST!!!! I guess the one guy rides with Chloe Woodruff as a training partner. She has won the Whiskey 50 at least twice and was on the Olympic team. I guess she's fast.
    2019 Yeti SB5C
    2018 Intense Tracer
    2017 Intense Primer

Nov 2015
    Thanks for the suggestions so far! This olace is amazing. Lots of trees instead of cactus trying to kill you. My van definitely needs eagle for some of these hills here haha.

Im not finding skull valley road on the map. The one that they climb in the Whiskey 50. I want to do and out and back on it. Leaving from Thumb butte. Also is there water along the circle trail?

mtbr member
    Whitespar Campground at the bottom of trail #396 has water. I think that is the only place directly on the trail. I like to start at the dog park on Willow Creek Rd and ride counter clockwise. That makes the stop for water right at the half way point.

Be sure to check out the Thursday Nite Guys Ride. There are a few guys that like to ride fast. This weeks ride is at 5pm on Thursday meeting at the intersection of trail 332 and Iron Springs Rd. Of course we do dinner and beer afterwards.

Nov 2015
    Holy amazing trails. Kudos to the trail buildees for sure. Im camped at site 12 on thumb butte loop rd. Right at the start of 333. I rode 333,322,garden grove,324,crossed the road and did 318,316, then crossed the road again and did 326, then garden grove again, then the road back to my campsite and got my dog and did 333 to 326 fire road thing back to road 51. I have 4g lte service, water a mile away, a huge campsite with trails everywhere. My new home haha.

mtbr member
    I'm absolutely no trail guru up there but you can ride North from where you're at into and thru the Emmanuel Pines (EP) area into the Granite Basin stuff, circle that CW and then come back thru EP (good climb back out). Probably 32-35 miles depending on your route.
    2019 Yeti SB5C
    2018 Intense Tracer
    2017 Intense Primer