mtbr member

Prescott Trail Conditions

Coming down from Flag tomorrow (11/23) to ride some Prescott trail, wondering how the high country is looking (Sierra Prieta overlook down to White Rock). If those are mud, my second choice was Granite Basin area which seems to dry out quick. Just wanted to get some quick intel before I make the commute.

mtbr member
    I rode up Wolverton down Aspen Creek over towards White Rock and ended at the Thumb Butte parking lot yesterday afternoon. Only the Lower portion of Aspen Creek was a bit slushy with some snow remaining.
    You might find a few soft spots along your preferred route but most of it should be hero dirt.

mtbr member
    Put in about 50 miles yesterday all over town . Pretty much perfect everywhere. Man I love P-town in the fall!

mtbr member
    Didn't want to start a new thread, but I'd like some input on a possible route I'm looking to ride this weekend. Most of the folks I see posting rides including 62/Ranch take that all the way down to Walker Rd to link with 305/Homestead.

Here's what I'm thinking: Starting on Senator's Hwy and taking 62/Ranch > 126/Boy Scout > Turley > Badger Mtn > Sundog Ranch.

mtbr member
    That would be an awesome route for sure . More down hill than up but Badger and Sundog are killer . I work right at the badger sundog junction at the car dealer and ride these at lunch all the time. Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chillis View Post
    Here's what I'm thinking: Starting on Senator's Hwy and taking 62/Ranch > 126/Boy Scout > Turley > Badger Mtn > Sundog Ranch.
    That's a good one. I've started at Whitespar trailhead then done the route you've described to meet the family at the Peavine Trailhead. It's quickly become one of my favorite rides. To me, Boy Scout feels more "out there" than any other portion of the Circle Trail, one of my favorites.
    I'll be out there tomorrow. Gonna try and ride the whole circle, bike and body willing.

mtbr member
    Thanks a lot for the helping to confirm my route, fellas. I'm pretty eager to check out some new (to me) trails.

Good luck on completing the PCT, idaz. Give it hell!