Prescott Trail Conditions?- Mtbr.com
    recovering roadie

Prescott Trail Conditions?

Can anybody give me an estimate of how muddy the Granite Basin trails would be this weekend (2/16-17)? My parents are trying to lure me up there for a weekend. I see a potential for precip in the forecast...

Thanks for your forecasting help.

mtbr member
    GB isn't that muddy, its been pretty sunny here lately. The only muddy spots are the shady areas of the trail. Most of the snow that fell has melted away on the sunny sides on the mtn. Some of GB trails are little granite paths that don't turn to mud. Later.
    SHITBIRD

my dog's Frisbee launcher
    I would stay away from the williamson valley trail head and the double track out cayuse south to the gate very very sticky mudd. you may hit some snow here and there but you should be ok.

I some ride info for a PM
    Darwin was an Optimist

Horizontally Compliant
    Up until today, this weekend was looking to be pretty good for riding in the Prescott area...

But now it's snowing (again) and probably going to return the trails to the swampy goo they've been for the last month or so.

Good luck if you're going to give it a go... Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and it'll be ridable. I'm going to try and head south to get some miles in. This winter BS is getting really old!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupboy
    Thread thread has a strong quasi-Craig's List Casual Encounters Man on Man vibe. I digress. As you were.

recovering roadie
    Thanks guys, I'm staying down in Phoenix - I'll save Prescott for warmer times...

Members who have read this thread: 0