Prescott 305- Mtbr.com

Thread: Prescott 305

CrazyEye

Prescott 305

Well a buddy and I hit 305 for the first time on Saturday, it was great. We had to hike a bike those last a couple hills at the end of the trail, but it was a blast. We tried to follow the loop in Cosmic Ray's book but weren't able to find the "unmarked trail" on the way back down so we ended up just taking 305 back down. So how does that rate compaired to the other trails up there? Didn't seem very technical at all, but fun, lots ups a downs, never shifted so much in my life.

wrecking crew
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEye
    Well a buddy and I hit 305 for the first time on Saturday, it was great. We had to hike a bike those last a couple hills at the end of the trail, but it was a blast. We tried to follow the loop in Cosmic Ray's book but weren't able to find the "unmarked trail" on the way back down so we ended up just taking 305 back down. So how does that rate compaired to the other trails up there? Didn't seem very technical at all, but fun, lots ups a downs, never shifted so much in my life.
    T305 is a blast...fun and fast! Glad you got to get out there and ride! To me the fun part is T297 (Smith Ravine) which is just across Walker Rd when 307 ends. Did you guys take that up? If not, it's a must do trail. Beautiful stuff. Great singletrack...IMO. Hit the Granite Basin area too! Mucho fun! Prescott trails are a blast!!!
    Last edited by su.ling~; 07-24-2006 at 03:28 PM.
    ~~~

mtbr member
    Gotta hit 297 at the end of 305. 3 mile uphill that reminds you that you have lungs on the way up and a 10 on the grin factor on the way down

Good stuff up there.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Yeah, nothing in prescott is overly technical, although there's lots of roots and rocks on trail 307 (which is far steeper than 305) aka Spruce Mountain. There's a much more technical trail called 128/Boy Scout that has some nice rocks to manuever around. There's also some rocky parts in Granite Basin, but nothing is overly technical. If South Mountain rates a 9 in places, the highest that Prescott gets is about 3-4, and 305 is totally "un-technical". Still, there are some rougher rides.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

CrazyEye

still fun

Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Yeah, nothing in prescott is overly technical, although there's lots of roots and rocks on trail 307 (which is far steeper than 305) aka Spruce Mountain. There's a much more technical trail called 128/Boy Scout that has some nice rocks to manuever around. There's also some rocky parts in Granite Basin, but nothing is overly technical. If South Mountain rates a 9 in places, the highest that Prescott gets is about 3-4, and 305 is totally "un-technical". Still, there are some rougher rides.
    I really liked it though. I had a spicy cajun dinner and a few vodka tonics the night before so I wasn't quite on my "A game". It work out pretty good that there was a bathroom on the trail...

Does Granite Basin have alot of shade like 305? I take 307 has plenty since it's farther up the mountian...

mtbr member
    Does Granite Basin have alot of shade like 305? I take 307 has plenty since it's farther up the mountian...
    Granit has a lot more exposure to the sun but way good riding.

Elitest thrill junkie
    oops, wrong thread.
    Last edited by Jayem; 07-25-2006 at 08:08 AM.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

Elitest thrill junkie
    oops, wrong thread.
    Last edited by Jayem; 07-25-2006 at 08:08 AM.

sprocket
    Who cares? Just shoot it.

Members who have read this thread: 0